Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? (22098 Views)

What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 / What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Hardaybizi(m): 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2020
I learnt that every effort made in truth is greater than winning or losing!

1 Like

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by millionboi2: 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2020
lekki1444:
i learnt that this world is nothing and is very fickle. nothing matters anymore. no need to be unhappy because goals have not been achieved because at the end of the day ? those goals dont mean nothing. in all things acquire wisdom knowledge and understanding. nothing else matters

now i walk around wiith bathroom slippers and dont care what the world thinks. Bleep the world. its fickle and dont mean nothing. in 2020 i have seen men of dignity and of means turn wretched right before my eyes. everythng is a front
. in 2020 i have seen men of dignity and of means turn wretched right before my eyes. everythng is a front

Are u serious?
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Olaideolayemi(m): 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2020
I learnt that God is the one that feed someone not work...I learnt the education is good,especially if you studies a course you can apply practically,....I learnt the important of having dream,it makes you focus and disturbed when not achieved,I learnt,the important of independent in someone life...rather than dependent....I learnt the power of self esteem and value...I also learnt the power of mentor in somebody life... I also learnt the important of parent,especially mother role in someone life,I also learnt the role of simple, humble,humility life style..it helps a lot...Finally the important of prayer in life...prayer play 90% rôle in my life the yr 2020,I would have been in hot soup,depression and stagnation.. I thank Almighty Allah is Grace the yr..I hope and I pray unachievable dream come to pass next yr...Grateful life indeed...

6 Likes

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Tony142: 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2020
I learnt that there will be alot to learn from this thread grin

1 Like

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by millionboi2: 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2020
DropsMic:
1. People ain't shit
2. Religious people are the worst people to do business with
3. Never say Never
4. The Government doesn't give a flying fvck about us.. More than 2 months after the lekki saga no one has been arrested. Neither has anything been done about our demands
5. Nigerians are not that smart.
6. God has left Nigeria

7. Only women, children, cats and dogs are loved unconditionally.. A man is only loved under the condition that he provides something.

And last but not the least.

If you are a guy and you don't have money.. No matter how handsome, tall, educated, fresh, eloquent you are, you are a NOBODY.

Extra: Once people know you as the forgiving type, you are doomed
lol
Thy is nothing wrong to forgive,but don't forget simple.
When u forgive,u free urself
U are stronger bcoz only few can actually 4give

1 Like

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Olaideolayemi(m): 2:13pm On Dec 29, 2020
I learnt that God is the one that feed someone not work...I learnt that education is good,especially if you studies a course you can apply practically,....I learnt the important of having dream,it makes you focus and disturbed when not achievable,I learnt the important of independent in someone life...rather than dependent....I learnt the power of self esteem and value...I also learnt the power of mentor in somebody life... I also learnt the important of parent,especially mother role in someone life,I also learnt the role of simple, humble,humility life style..it helps a lot...Finally the important of prayer in life...prayer play 90% rôle in my life this yr 2020,I would have been in hot soup,depression and stagnation.. I thank Almighty Allah for his grace in this year 2020..I hope and I pray unachievable dream come to pass next yr... Grateful life indeed...Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by lekki1444: 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2020
millionboi2:
. in 2020 i have seen men of dignity and of means turn wretched right before my eyes. everythng is a front

Are u serious?
No am joking
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by benzene00: 2:22pm On Dec 29, 2020
Olaideolayemi:
I learnt that God is the one that feed someone not work...I learnt the education is good,especially if you studies a course you can apply practically,....I learnt the important of having dream,it makes you focus and disturbed when not achieved,I learnt,the important of independent in someone life...rather than dependent....I learnt the power of self esteem and value...I also learnt the power of mentor in somebody life... I also learnt the important of parent,especially mother role in someone life,I also learnt the role of simple, humble,humility life style..it helps a lot...Finally the important of prayer in life...prayer play 90% rôle in my life the yr 2020,I would have been in hot soup,depression and stagnation.. I thank Almighty Allah is Grace the yr..I hope and I pray unachievable dream come to pass next yr...Grateful life indeed...

So it's God that also feeds Boko Haram terrorists,??
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by millionboi2: 2:27pm On Dec 29, 2020
BOOKWORMLUX:
I learnt how to make productive use of my time. I learnt that there are many ways i could earn money online. Just my time and data, i have earned up to $155 BTC and some BCH. I believe that i won't be my former self who would always be complaining about how things are bad, bt i can now be using my phone to do things that can pay me. Thanks to NAIRALAND.
I am still learning many things on this forum.
Lai Mohammed
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by millionboi2: 2:28pm On Dec 29, 2020
inderhappy:
To always move and take action
It's easier to trust enemy than friends they'll let you down because they know you quite well
exactly
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
Always trust in Jehovah.

Nothing is impossible for Jehovah to do.

Every disadvantage is a blessing in disguise.

Is good to be good no matter how bad people may be.

No permanent friend out there.

Never hold grudges.

Your biggest fan is someone least expected while ur hater is someone very close.

Never look down on anyone because your helper might be the poorest person around u.

Humility pays.

We can be whatever we aspire to be.

Thanks to Jah for 2020.

5 Likes

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by millionboi2: 2:41pm On Dec 29, 2020
AnonymousRebec:
Honestly, I don't know if I learnt any particular thing. But one thing I know is that my.peace is my priority.
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Herbephe1(m): 2:47pm On Dec 29, 2020
The first year I sat down for 5hours thinking of my life,then realized that my life has neither tail nor head.

I learned that being brilliant in school is nothing when it comes to being successful,all the "dullardeen" in my secondary school have almost made it.

""you wey think your life depends on books wetin u gain now"
from someone who used to copy me in exams then.this life no balance

4 Likes

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 29, 2020
ojotobiloba1:
Maybe Sha..... But never again will i advice someone to try it
Is not always a scam.
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by millionboi2: 2:50pm On Dec 29, 2020
EyezofGod120:
,,how?? Cuz forex really made a lot of people I knew a millionaire,, and people who loss didn't learnt it or knew it very well,,I'm planing to learn forex,,,pls I needmore of your experience on forex
hahahaha
You must be a kid to have alterd this.

Even brokers shows u warning of how risky forex is.
is not Abt learning it very well, how u win,is how u loose in forex.

You may not be 100% sure is from forex.

1 Like

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2020
Gokoyer0:
Don't kill yourself for others. Do whatever you are capable to do for others. People will move on quickly when you are dead.

As in eh! This is my no 1 lesson of the year.

2 Likes

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by millionboi2: 2:56pm On Dec 29, 2020
SOFTENGR:

I don't agree with no. 6.
You can actually outsmart those who are more powerful than you.
Ask DJ Switch.

Some of Robert Green's points are not applicable in extreme situations and places like Nigeria.
The more you submit to your oppressors, the more you're oppressed. Most times you fight the "powerful" oppressors, then you discover they only remain powerful as long as you remain a coward.
select ur fights

1 Like

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Lordbinsmar: 3:05pm On Dec 29, 2020
I learnt that :

“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.” ― Nikola Tesla.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by kizwid(m): 3:29pm On Dec 29, 2020
Robertgreene1:
it depends on ur location bro..i'm privileged 2 be an Anambrarian...we v got many Riverine rice producing areas down here...so I get my supply directly from these places...take em 2 a destoning plant...where they remove all the stones wit a machine then package the rice in well sealed nd branded bags...I then transport nd sell..I have a shop nd I also do home deliveries/supply contracts...all d best bro...
Thank you for the info brother.. I got one link in kaduna also.. but my worry since then is, with the open of border will not affect the market of the local rice...?

1 Like

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Bmaster(m): 3:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
oliviacute:
Never trust the male folks again

you such a beauty!

What on Earth could the male folks done to you?
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by medinho: 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2020
This is a summary of my lessons this year. Please do check it out

https://starsonearthhome./2020/12/27/my-2020-lessons/
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Aflix(m): 3:57pm On Dec 29, 2020
I learnt that no one but your immediate family actually cares. So, we shouldn't live our lives according to what we think others think is right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Daniiel: 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2020
lekki1444:
i learnt that this world is nothing and is very fickle. nothing matters anymore. no need to be unhappy because goals have not been achieved because at the end of the day ? those goals dont mean nothing. in all things acquire wisdom knowledge and understanding. nothing else matters

now i walk around wiith bathroom slippers and dont care what the world thinks. Bleep the world. its fickle and dont mean nothing. in 2020 i have seen men of dignity and of means turn wretched right before my eyes. everythng is a front

you spoke my mind guyyy .... everything is an illusion . wisdom has left me with permanent peace . I've seen life for what it is .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Robertgreene1(m): 4:21pm On Dec 29, 2020
kizwid:

Thank you for the info brother.. I got one link in kaduna also.. but my worry since then is, with the open of border will not affect the market of the local rice...?
I don't think so...foreign rice is still banned...even if buhari's successor eventually lifts d ban...d dollar to naira exchange ratio will still peg d price of d imported rice way above that of d local one...
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by EyezofGod120: 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2020
millionboi2:
hahahaha
You must be a kid to have alterd this.

Even brokers shows u warning of how risky forex is.
is not Abt learning it very well, how u win,is how u loose in forex.

You may not be 100% sure is from forex.
,OK na,I go try am
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by cooltola(m): 4:28pm On Dec 29, 2020
Covid is real whether people believe that covis is a scam or not
Good Health is golden so take care of yourself or else u will pay later in life
Trust God
Savings, savings and savings
False news is dangerous
Depression is dangerous
A hungry man is a deadly man

2 Likes

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Loveknitting: 4:32pm On Dec 29, 2020
kiddkash:
in 2020,

I learnt if you don't have money, you are a slave to the person that has.

whatever food the person wants to eat, that's what you'll eat

if the person is expecting a visitor, you must leave the house and roam about in the street

in 2021, God will make us achieve our Dreams and make money, so that we'll never rely on anyone

You’re talking right straight to me.
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 29, 2020
kizwid:

I leave in Benue and know all the villages where you can get rice cheaply from the farmers, mill and then bag them. I just need a partner to start
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Stavross(m): 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2020
Humorme2:
1. Learnt that time waits for no one. As you're moving forward so are the rest of your mates. If you backslide or turn out poor, they all leave you. Nothing waits for anyone
2. Learnt to always mind my business. It pays 100%. Also learnt to avoid unnecessary drama that won't add shigbai to my account
3. Learnt that making the right choices affects my future. I hate regrets.
4. Learnt not to give a shit about what people think. Opinions are like asshole's. We all have one. The way people think about me should never affect my life.
5. Learnt that no one is loyal. No one is your friend. People follow the moving train. No one wants to be associated with a poor person.

Lastly learnt that most Nigerians are confirmed asslickers grin
These are the lessons I learnt tbh.

1 Like

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by jelel6: 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2020
Stephansmily:
Whoever said "family is all we've got" lied to us, because in reality you're all you've got.

Learnt this the hard way. 2020 is most definitely the worst year of my life.

Obviously, your experience is peculiar and valid. But family is really what some of us have "got".

Hopefully, even if the family you came from didn't check the boxes, you'll strive to make sure that the family you produce fare better. I'm sure you'll want better for your kids.

Let the 'truth' you lived be the 'lie' they never live.

3 Likes

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Coinbased: 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2020
None

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

All Elections In Nigeria Were Rigged Since 1960 - Jonathan / Mad Man Takes Over Council Office In Akwa Ibom / Car Crash: Akpabio Flown Abroad For Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.