Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:04 AM

Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo (37653 Views)

Gunmen Assassinate Businessman, Ifeanyi, In Kano (Photo) / Delta: Gunmen Assassinate Man In His Car In Broad Daylight (Disturbing Photos) / Gunmen Assassinate Man And His Pregnant Second Wife Along Lagos-ibadan Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by nwekeugochukwu: 11:44pm On Dec 28, 2020
The police in Ondo state has launched an investigation into the suspected assassination of a businessman, Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa, at a hotel in the Ijapo area of Akure, the state capital on December 26, IgbereTV reports.

According to reports, Babatunde was trailed to the hotel by three armed men after attending a function in Akure.

“The killing of Tunde was a clear case of someone who had been targeted. The guys who killed him (Babatunde) had requested a lighter from him at the bar. But he declined their request. Tunde’s reaction gave them the move to engage him in an argument before opening fire on him. After shooting him, they also descended on him with a small axe to completely snuff life out of him.”a source said

Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the state police command, ASP Tee-Leo Ikoro, said it was a case of assassination and that investigation has commenced.

“We’ve commenced investigation trying to track down those who killed him. It’s an assassination. At the time it happened, there was nobody else at the bar, except the bar girl. The bar girl said they came in three, waiting.

The deceased lodged in that hotel and went out at some point in time. He came back and left again. By the time he came back, the assailants were already at the bar drinking. When he came back, he went into his room, took a bottle of wine and then called for a bottle of soft drink from the bar.

When he got to the bar, the three guys asked a lighter from him to light their cigarettes, and he said no. It was at that point they pull out their guns and shot him. The assailants left the hotel when he gave up the ghost.

We’re on their trail right now. The Commissioner of Police has ordered a full investigation into the incident. To u, we’re thinking it’s an assassination. But the investigation will unravel all that happened.”Ikoro said.

https://igberetvnews.com/1377070/gunmen-assassinate-businessman-ondo-photo/

2 Shares

Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 28, 2020
RIP.

Thunder fire his Killers.

UnaToto

11 Likes

Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by Perfectsouth(m): 11:56pm On Dec 28, 2020
God, save us from enemies trailing us which we don't know..
In the remaining days of 2020,keep us and our families safe lord...

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by Kingosytex(m): 11:58pm On Dec 28, 2020
Such a fine and handsome man wasted by assassins.

May God grant his soul rest and as for the killers, I have nothing but pity for them because they shall certainly meet their waterloo.

R.I.P to the dead...To type R.I.P don tire me sef, dis year too get wahala abeg, the R.I.P wey person type dis year go don dey reach 1000 sef.

May 2021 be a better year!!!

18 Likes

Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by Kfaaji(m): 11:59pm On Dec 28, 2020
This is sad. How much is a lighter. Does it really wot it. He was just at a wrong place in a wrong time. My people always pray! It works

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by inioluwaDaniels(m): 12:22am On Dec 29, 2020
Mayb dey might av spared him had it been he offered dem lighter n also decide to buy dem some bottles. Some little act of kindness count sometimes n can save u from great danger.

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by espn(m): 12:36am On Dec 29, 2020
There is More to this...they should do more to find out why he was killed. Lighter cant just make you kill someone...

1. Business gone wrong.
2. Cultism.
3. Politics.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by Ever8090: 12:43am On Dec 29, 2020
I have my reservations about people getting short by unknown gun men because sometimes the dead knows the gun men and what led to his death. I got this feeling after my experience with a man that I am still suffering today..as a builder he contracted me to help do a job for him in Anambra state (a school project) which I had to relocate from port Harcourt to such a remote area in Inoma Anambra West the last community between Anambra and Kogi state. The road to the community is not motorable during raining season I had to move materials trough river Niger.
Some days I will be on the river from Onisha to the village around 10 in the night on boat and I don't even know how to swim.
My experience the last day I went through the road with materials after heavy rainfall is something I won't wish on my enemy.
The truck got stuck in the mud, in the process of trying to get it out, the vehicle got spoilt I had to treke with the boy from the community that accompanied me to Onisha, from 8 in the early hours of the night to 2:30 mid night before we arrived the village. which I had to set my alarm to wake me up by 4:30 so that I could get a bike to take me to the vehicle in the early hours. The driver has gone back to Agurere to get mechanic to bring in the morning . After repairs,we discovered that one of the tire of the truck was flat we had to drive back to Agurere to fix it.
On our way back to the community, the vehicle got stuck in the mud 3 times. I removed my cloths down to my under wears because each time the vehicle got stuck, we have to remove the mud and cut trees from the bush to help the tires roll.second to the last time that the vehicle got stuck, tears rolled down my eyes because all hope was lost to get it out but with God intervention we eventually succeed.
The last time, we were there struggling to get it out then the cloud became dark with rain, we succeeded again and took of, mind you I left home the previous day about 6am got home after trekking from 8 to 2:30 mid night the woke up by 4:30 and by the time we got the vehicle out for the last time, it was already 5-6 in the evening of the following day..the rain started as we drove through it to the site. The driver was insulting me trough out the journey because I was the one that pleaded with him to come.he was concern on how he will get his vehicle out of that village, and I tell you, we were the last people that got to that village by road during that raining season.
The rest of the materials I carried trough the river by boat.
The accommodation I got, was like a cemetery, 4 people were buried in the house and I was sleeping there alone.
So many things I went through if I continue It will take you guys hours to read through, but guess what!! After the job, the money has been posting me for my money which is 1,167,000. It is getting to 2 yes now. Even when my dad died, I begged him for just 160,000 out of the one-point-sixty seven thousand to enable me lay my dad to rest, he told me he doesn't have money. That man has not givine me eve 5 naira out of the money as I speak..right now, he has stop picking my calls..

So if I am someone without the fear of God, if I find a way to eliminate him.. someone who doesn't know the story will lay courses on me which I believe will not even work..but for the fact that there was no written agreement, I don't think there is anything I can do than to leave everything to God..I approached the police but they told me it is a civil case and they can't do anything, the lawyer I met told me without documents, it will be difficult.

So don't just conclude when you see people die like this, some are not innocent..

187 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by yomi007k(m): 2:37am On Dec 29, 2020
Ever8090:
I have my reservations about people getting short by unknown gun men because sometimes the dead knows the gun men and what led to his death. I got this feeling after my experience with a man that I am still suffering today..as a builder he contracted me to help do a job for him in Anambra state (a school project) which I had to relocate from port Harcourt to such a remote area in Inoma Anambra West the last community between Anambra and Kogi state. The road to the community is not motorable during raining season I had to move materials trough river Niger.
Some days I will be on the river from Onisha to the village around 10 in the night on boat and I don't even know how to swim.
My experience the last day I went through the road with materials after heavy rainfall is something I won't wish on my enemy.
The truck got stuck in the mud, in the process of trying to get it out, the vehicle got spoilt I had to treke with the boy from the community that accompanied me to Onisha, from 8 in the early hours of the night to 2:30 mid night before we arrived the village. which I had to set my alarm to wake me up by 4:30 so that I could get a bike to take me to the vehicle in the early hours. The driver has gone back to Agurere to get mechanic to bring in the morning . After repairs,we discovered that one of the tire of the truck was flat we had to drive back to Agurere to fix it.
On our way back to the community, the vehicle got stuck in the mud 3 times. I removed my cloths down to my under wears because each time the vehicle got stuck, we have to remove the mud and cut trees from the bush to help the tires roll.second to the last time that the vehicle got stuck, tears rolled down my eyes because all hope was lost to get it out but with God intervention we eventually succeed.
The last time, we were there struggling to get it out then the cloud became dark with rain, we succeeded again and took of, mind you I left home the previous day about 6am got home after trekking from 8 to 2:30 mid night the woke up by 4:30 and by the time we got the vehicle out for the last time, it was already 5-6 in the evening of the following day..the rain started as we drove through it to the site. The driver was insulting me trough out the journey because I was the one that pleaded with him to come.he was concern on how he will get his vehicle out of that village, and I tell you, we were the last people that got to that village by road during that raining season.
The accommodation I got, was like a cemetery, 4 people were buried in the house and I was sleeping there alone.
So many things I went through if I continue It will take you guys hours to read through, but guess what!! After the job, the money has been posting me for my money which is 1,167,000. It is getting to 2 yes now. Even when my dad died, I begged him for just 160,000 out of the one-point-sixty seven thousand to enable me lay my dad to rest, he told me he doesn't have money. That man has not givine me eve 5 naira out of the money as I speak..right now, he has stop picking my calls..

So if I am someone without the fear of God, if I find a way to eliminate him.. someone who doesn't know the story will lay courses on me which I believe will not even work..but for the fact that there was no written agreement, I don't think there is anything I can do than to leave everything to God..I approached the police but they told me it is a civil case and they can't do anything, the lawyer I met told me without documents, it will be difficult.

So don't just conclude when you see people die like this, some are not innocent..

Are you telling us that you used your money to kick start the project? That is not wise.

10 Likes

Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by jesmond3945: 3:28am On Dec 29, 2020
Ever8090:

wait you mean he didn't mobilize you?

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by illicit(m): 4:26am On Dec 29, 2020
Killings here n there....
Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by jchioma: 4:37am On Dec 29, 2020
Hmmm... People that kill other people for one reason or the other get mind sha. Wickedness may never end as much as these people still think that they themselves will not die one day.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by omojesu202(m): 6:05am On Dec 29, 2020
Ever8090:

sorry.
them no dey trust human beings like that.
that man really cheat you and he can even kill you too.
have you tried to explain what you suffered to him?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by TANID(m): 7:02am On Dec 29, 2020
REST IN PEACE MEN
Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by Ever8090: 7:02am On Dec 29, 2020
omojesu202:

sorry.
them no dey trust human beings like that.
that man really cheat you and he can even kill you too.
have you tried to explain what you suffered to him?
he was fully aware as a matter of fact he even promise to add something for me after my payment..lol

4 Likes

Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by Ever8090: 7:05am On Dec 29, 2020
jesmond3945:
wait you mean he didn't mobilize you?
he was buying his maternal by himself except on rare occasions..I will come out meet him in Onisha to take the materials to site..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by austine4real(m): 7:37am On Dec 29, 2020
angry sad sad sad

Rip
Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by Joseph08(m): 7:52am On Dec 29, 2020
Ever8090:

That's true people are hearthless and most of them doesn't escape cos not everyone has the fear of God. They go the extra-mile just to eliminate such people.

On this case who knows he might be innocent or as a result of envy.

But in all it's not good to be greedy.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by olanrele78674: 8:43am On Dec 29, 2020
RIP.Thunder fire his Killers.UnaToto
Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by Fabulousl0l(m): 8:51am On Dec 29, 2020
Were is Amotekun?
Bighead5, my yoruba Muslim, bandits are penetrating our waste side, let's blame it on the Igbos

2 Likes

Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by jesmond3945: 11:08am On Dec 29, 2020
Ever8090:
he was buying his maternal by himself except on rare occasions..I will come out meet him in Onisha to take the materials to site..
nawa o. He played you. Not even transport fare.
Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by OYENIYIJK: 11:54am On Dec 29, 2020
Sad!
Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by Felixalex(m): 11:54am On Dec 29, 2020
Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by money121(m): 11:55am On Dec 29, 2020
Ok
Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by ObiOfOnistha: 11:55am On Dec 29, 2020
I suspect cultism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by dammyz101(m): 11:55am On Dec 29, 2020
Blood everywhere
Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by hidhrhis(m): 11:55am On Dec 29, 2020
RIP
Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by iCauseTrouble: 11:56am On Dec 29, 2020
angry
Re: Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo by TalkTalkTwins(m): 11:56am On Dec 29, 2020
Nawa o
I don't know the reason behind this, but nothing is really worth killing someone for angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of Guy Who Injured A South African Lady For Refusing To Be Raped / Obinwanne "InvictusObi" Okeke To Plead Guilty To Wire And Computer Fraud / Hisbah Operative Caught With Married Woman In Hotel Room Faces Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.