Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver (51209 Views)

Is The Legal Profession As Lucrative As It Used To Be? / Which Profession Do You Think Has The Most Rude Set Of People? / "I Left My Money & Bag In A Taxi In Kano, The Muslim Driver Returned Them" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by einsteine(m): 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
iamadonis2:
This is the edge that business/ investment will have over paid employment anytime any day.

The downside is patience, grit, tenacity, and belief is highly needed.

Being a taxi driver is not a business though. It is self employment. Owning and managing taxis is what is a business. As long as you are directly compensated on the basis of your time rather than on the basis of how much value you add, you are employed and not in business. Whether that employer is yourself or someone else doesn't really matter.
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by keko14: 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Baba when God say Na your time nothing go do you brother . others will go out and won't count that amount the difference is grace.

Lord direct us to do things that grace will cover us and make us extraordinary when we finish !

Please I didn't advice him to leave his work but if God sayna there I go bless you who are we ? grin grin the thing be say look for where grace go cover you!
God bless you.... You will not lack in 2021
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by Hardeybahyour: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2020
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by officialfestus(m): 7:52pm On Dec 29, 2020
drivers they make money,but the day wey them go collect motor from am,na from that very day he dey borrow to survive.
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by YemiHadid(m): 8:21pm On Dec 29, 2020
Fiscus105:
THe day corruption n fraud will be reduced in naija is the day White collar job mentality will start reducing and hard working will be appreciated

Wallahi! This is the TRUTH and nothing but. Artisans build economies and industry. That mentality of believing only those who went to university and acquired a a degree to show for it (so that they can qualify for a white collar job), can be successful in life issa scam. My two cents!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by deavicky(m): 8:22pm On Dec 29, 2020
mightyhazel:
As u dey whip so,see my face o
lol u be better person oh, instead to correct my spelling u dey hide ur face from whip
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by deavicky(m): 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2020
Y
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by Nyamve1: 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2020
U don't have direction.

That is the problem of Nigeria, they don't go for something because they love it, they go for something because of the benefit attached

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by CapitalBank: 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2020
thesicilian:
So he's saying as a lawyer he can't make 300k per month. Things may be rough in the early years though but with fast learning, he may even be earning millions per contract as a lawyer later. Best bet is to keep the driving as a side job.

He can actually do more than 300k as a lawyer. The problem with Nigerian lawyers is that they don't know how to use the internet to position themselves... I might start a consultancy niche, aimed specifically at helping lawyers make a bank from their profession.
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2020
einsteine:

Being a taxi driver is not a business though. It is self employment. Owning and managing taxis is what is a business. As long as you are directly compensated on the basis of your time rather than on the basis of how much value you add, you are employed and not in business. Whether that employer is yourself or someone else doesn't really matter.

You’re correct. Rob kiyosaki explained this in his

Rich Dad, Poor Dad: Quadrants

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by EmekaBlue(m): 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2020
Those taxi men dey cash out....just here to there in a short distance they will charge u 1500...imagine 1500*15 passengers one day, that is 22500...only 4k petrol dey do some motor all day sef
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by mechanics(m): 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
It should do it as part time work, he might not be making that money everyday.
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by Pat081: 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
This one na lazy lawyer or they send him out of school
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by criuze(m): 9:41pm On Dec 29, 2020
you be lawyer no mean say you no go Hussle
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by Drsnives(m): 11:09pm On Dec 29, 2020
Uyi168:
Many bus/taxi drivers earn far more than the so Called white collar jobbers..

Even some okada riders make 10k daily

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by Gten(m): 5:18am On Dec 30, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Baba when God say Na your time nothing go do you brother . others will go out and won't count that amount the difference is grace.

Lord direct us to do things that grace will cover us and make us extraordinary when we finish !

Please I didn't advice him to leave his work but if God sayna there I go bless you who are we ? grin grin the thing be say look for where grace go cover you!
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by ABOVEDELAW: 6:34am On Dec 30, 2020
BUT HE HASN'T SEEN THAT YET, THAT IS HOW A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN WAITING TILL THEY GO DOWN THE GRAVE.
thesicilian:
So he's saying as a lawyer he can't make 300k per month. Things may be rough in the early years though but with fast learning, he may even be earning millions per contract as a lawyer later. Best bet is to keep the driving as a side job.
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by ABOVEDELAW: 6:37am On Dec 30, 2020
ANY OF YOUR DREAMS THAT CANNOT MAKE YOU RICH MUST ALICE DREAM.
DrChukki:
There's a difference between chasing your dreams and pursuing money.

Most times your dreams might not make you rich but if you think that's the avenue you will use to influence your world, then go on with it.

Quitting law profession to become a taxi driver would be okay if you think law won't offer you what it takes to live your dreams.

But if all driving a taxi can offer you is money, then think again.

The choice is yours...

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 30, 2020
Even here in Abuja,a neighbor of mine deposit average of 7k on daily basis ...he works just from 5pm till around 10pm. Transport biz na another gold mine
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by sonchuks1(m): 7:43am On Dec 30, 2020
Bros, all that glitters are not gold! Stick to your law profession, the driver thing can be a hobby.
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by lanre88(m): 10:17am On Dec 30, 2020
Why are people still working hard when you can work smart.

Make more money doing less. Lets show you the way.

A word is enough...
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by raphy(m): 11:11am On Dec 30, 2020
Ad I see the guy never finish law school him still de study to enter law sch.

Many of his mate don use taxi build house is all matter of time and Grace..

Grace is different among ppl.

Even my junior study chemical engineering.he could not fund his education due to money issue so he started painting after watching someone .now he is a top painter without in edo.

Check him out value-base on facebook.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by Princepioneer(m): 11:37am On Dec 30, 2020
Uyi168:
Many bus/taxi drivers earn far more than the so Called white collar jobbers..

. Even most okada riders.... Used my private bike to do Okada riding during lockdown... was really amazed at what I was getting then... I never felt the lockdown palavas and wahalas at all at all...

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by femidoses: 12:13pm On Dec 30, 2020
I don't get.

What do you mean by this sir?

josite:
this is how people ruined their future when they ignore limits.
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by Uyi168: 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2020
Princepioneer:
. Even most okada riders.... Used my private bike to do Okada riding during lockdown... was really amazed at what I was getting then... I never felt the lockdown palavas and wahalas at all at all...
Very correct.
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by Hassanmaye(m): 10:55pm On Dec 30, 2020
CalliDora1:
Dem no dey tell person. Some even have car but all they do with it is Cruise town with babes, burning fuel for nothing.

May God increase your wisdom
So young and handsome; very smart too.
Lol they prefer waste their time and resources on pekus is there choice shocked

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by Hassanmaye(m): 10:58pm On Dec 30, 2020
anochuko01:

scientists around the world are searching for covid vaccines but our science graduates are here sewing designers nose masks.
A computer science graduate, after four years in school would still need a further two years to learn actual programming to useful in to the society.
i studied mechanical engineering and my dream was to work in the auto manufacturing industry, but where the work dey? do i take another 4 to 5 years learning "meichanic"?
After i came to understand the reality of naija's labour market, i decided to go into the IT field but my mechanical eng background has now become an obstacle, and im in the process of getting a degree in IT.

this country is fucccked up sir. half of my efforts in learning, if it were to be a better country, i would at least be very comfortable by now.

in summary, FORMAL EDUCATION IN NIGERIA IS A SCAM AND A WASTE BUT WE MUST TAKE PART IN IT.
I feel your pain man that's what I want to do
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by Melaninprincess(f): 5:21pm On Dec 31, 2020
He should better multitask. So he can better save and invest more instead of eating suya and bullet. grin

Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by Boydehot: 12:04pm On Jan 01, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

nice to hear, I'm into the business too

pls can I chat with you privately
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by Wiifesnatcher(m): 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2021
Boydehot:

pls can I chat with you privately

no problem
Re: Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver by DedeNkem: 12:19am On Jan 02, 2021
I don't blame him. Law profession in Nigeria is over crowded. I always see a lot of poor lawyers who wear lawyer attires that have worn out!

To make it in law field in this country, you need connections.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! / Meet Dr. Osato Osemwengie: Biography Of Maker Of Drones For American Army / Three Nigerian Sisters Who Are All Pilots Become Centre Of Attraction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.