Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. (64863 Views)

10 Groups Of People Enjoying The Tinubu Administration Right Now / At Last, Lagos-Ibadan Railway Comes Alive - Photos / Amendment Of Lagos Railway (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by phantom24: 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
Nigerians celebrate everything. Its a shame we keep celebrating mediocrity that's why these looters take us for granted. In civilzed climes these things are seen as ''Rights'' & not privileges.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Taye4j: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
slowice:
Nigerian government nor smart sha.... Imagine a train from lagos to through anambra, aba then phc..... Imagine train from Kano through anambra, to Aba...... They will make too much money.... Every hour is peak hour

But its always about tribe and political correctness rather common sense and business

So, the FG should ignore the Lagos - Ibadan railway project and focus on Lagos - Anambra railway first so that you can actually go mad about.

Shameless fool, you think your 2*2 kiosks is what we want in the SW abi? I'd rather they embezzle the money for Lagos -Anambra than to have a whole region of miscreants and fake product peddlers flooding the SW in their millions.

9 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by frog12: 4:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
i mean think of this, we are celebrating building trains that is a basic amenity and any PRIMARY 6 pupil can manage

phantom24:
Nigerians celebrate everything. Its a shame we keep celebrating mediocrity that's why these looters take us for granted. In civilzed climes these things are seen as ''Rights'' & not privileges.
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
Taye4j:

Sincerely, I pray SE-SW train doesn't come to fruition. I can't imagine having the whole SE in SW. Having Igbos in their millions in the SW is already a nightmare, having the the whole region here is a death sentence.

Indeed. Would not be bad if they were gracious, civilized and respectful people. Instead many openly show they have disdain for their host and that they came to the SW with a hateful, insultive and malevolent attitude towards the Yorubas.

Their influx into the SW should be checked in any way possible. All other Nigerians are okay with me.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by ayenale1(m): 4:41pm On Dec 29, 2020
Lagos - Ibadan 2500? Bus sure pass...
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2020
Taye4j:

Sincerely, I pray SE-SW train doesn't come to fruition. I can't imagine having the whole SE in SW. Having Igbos in their millions in the SW is already a nightmare, having the the whole region here is a death sentence.

A railway from SW to SE is like inviting cancer to the body

10 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nightalan: 4:45pm On Dec 29, 2020
slowice:
Nigerian government nor smart sha.... Imagine a train from lagos to through anambra, aba then phc..... Imagine train from Kano through anambra, to Aba...... They will make too much money.... Every hour is peak hour

But its always about tribe and political correctness rather common sense and business
grin See this thing, purging you ungrateful lots from the West is already a priority, so why should a train be connected from that erosion ravaged enclave to your hosts that are already getting tired of you and can't wait for you to get your Biafra so you can migrate to your backwater and unproductive states.

12 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 29, 2020
Taye4j:

So, the FG should ignore the Lagos - Ibadan railway project and focus on Lagos - Anambra railway first so that you can actually go mad about.

Shameless fool, you think your 2*2 kiosks is what we want in the SW abi? I'd rather they embezzle the money for Lagos -Anambra than to have a whole region of miscreants and fake product peddlers flooding the SW in their millions.

Don't mind them. Just go on jiji and search for LG smart TV. You will get a lot of hits from Ojo, Lagos. Call and ask if the TV is original LG.

A thick Igbo accent will tell you Oga it is original but not Fouani LG. In short he is selling a fake product badged LG.

That was how I discovered that it is Fouani that is licensed to sell original and certified LG products in Nigeria. I promptly went to Fouani to buy all my TV, microwave, Air conditioners and other electronics.

https://www.fouanistore.com/

Next minute those same clowns will be on Nairaland insulting Yorubas and boasting of their "business credentials" whereas they are nothing but delusional saboteurs destroying the integrity of the Nigerian market space !!!

Majority of the businesses Igbos carry out would be specifically discriminated against in 'aware' nations where integrity of market and high quality standards are valued. Business ko, okrika ni.

11 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by phantom24: 4:52pm On Dec 29, 2020
frog12:
i mean think of this, we are celebrating building trains that is a basic amenity and any PRIMARY 6 pupil can manage

ok keep celebrating.
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2020
Mrbillionaire:
Good one but should be made affordable
how much is it please , from lag is to Abeokuta?
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Goldencheese(m): 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2020
You mean you have the time to write this long-winding one-sided and blindsided narrative? To make which point sef?

That Nigeria is perfect under PMB? OK. May your life and family be treated the same exact way PMB treats Nigeria.

I just expect to read a Big Amen from you and nothing more.

Na wa.

post=97528321:
Kudos to our darling Daddy for all the good works he and his Vice president have been doing all over our darling nation.

Slow and steady, Nigeria will be great in our lifetime.

Correct.

More sad news to the eyes of wailing zombies.........

I HATE TRAINS.
I HATE BRIDGES.
I HATE RICE.
I HATE TALLEST BUILDING EAST OF THE NIGER

Let me give the background to this piece. I was reading some comments on Twitter early in the week, when I ran into this one by one Dr Ben Gbenro: “Why are some people allergic to good news about Nigeria? You are angry about the test-run of Lagos-Ibadan rail, you are angry about the development in Onne Port, but will eagerly amplify any negative news even if it’s not true. Something is wrong with you and I am here to tell you.”

Of course, that comment generated responses, both positive and negative. But the one that caught my fancy specially was by Ayekooto, who declared: “We have got to a stage when GMB achievements can no longer be denied but hated. I hate trains. I hate bridges. I hate rice.”

Very profound. A lot of people can no longer deny the many achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari, particularly in the area of infrastructure, building a new Nigeria, and so, they have decided to hate it. Sad. Very sad.

Nobody can deny that there are very serious challenges in the country, particularly in the areas of security, the economy, and standard of living generally. But that is not all there is to Nigeria of today, and those challenges are being addressed very robustly. That hymn says “behind a frowning providence, He hides a smiling face. His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour.” We will surely see an end to the challenges, if we all work together, and eschew hate speeches.

Why then do some people choose to see and amplify only negative things? Why do they choose to remain willfully blind and deaf to positive things? And surrounded and confronted by salutary developments, they keep repeating; what has the Buhari administration achieved? Show us.

You tell them that just last weekend, there was a test run of the Lagos-Ibadan rail project, with brand new coaches that will begin commercial operation before the end of the year.That is happening in a country where we were told we couldn’t afford new coaches when our oil was selling at over 100 dollars per barrel. Now, at about 40 dollars per barrel, we are launching new coaches. Instead of giving credit to a prudent government, they just say; I hate trains.

Okay, if you hate trains, what of brand new airports in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Enugu, and others in the works? There was a time we were said to parade the worst airports in the world. But not any longer. Buhari reversed it in his four years. What do they say about that? They look up, look down, scratch their heads, and say; I hate airports. I’ve never even boarded a plane in my life, and I don’t want to board. Will I ever enter a plane if I’d been killed by bandits?

Okay. You hate airports and planes. What of bridges being built over rivers in different parts of the country, most especially the Second River Niger Bridge, which the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) built with mouth for 16 years. You tell them that the bridge is almost 50% done, and should be completed in the first quarter of 2022. There’s also the Loko-Oweto Bridge, linking Benue and Nasarawa States. It was started by a previous administration, but almost completed now. Like a cornered rat, their eyes dart furtively from corner to corner, seeking a hole to enter. Finding none, they tell you deadpan: I hate bridges.

Okay. All those are physical structures. So they want stomach infrastructure. You then tell them of the rice revolution, which has freed us from being a net importer of the product in the world. You point out that if Buhari hadn’t put his money where his mouth was, and encouraged us to go back to the land, causing rice farmers to rise from six to 12 million, we would have been in serious trouble when COVID-19 struck. How would we have imported rice, with all international borders closed, and no foreign exchange to even place orders? They pat their tummies gingerly, belch after a hearty meal, and then declare: I hate rice.

A Cancer Centre has been built and commissioned by President Buhari at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH). An ultra-modern diagnostic center also built and commissioned in Kano. And just this week, another diagnostic centre built at a cost of $5.5 million, was commissioned at the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia, in Abia State. What do they say of all these? “I hate hospitals. May I never need to use any diagnostic centre. It is not my portion.”

You join them to say amen, since you don’t have a hateful heart. And you remind them that the largest ever vessel in the country, Maerskline Stadelhorn, with a length of 300 meters and width of 48 meters, berthed few days ago at Onne Port, in Rivers State. That is the biggest ever container vessel to berth in any part of Nigeria. Onne people were delirious with joy, and praised the government to high heavens, because no vessel had come to their port for 12 years, till August last year, under Buhari. You tell the naysayers the positive economic implications, but they refuse to listen. They dive under water, shouting as they go: We hate container vessels.

You then take them to Yenagoa, in Bayelsa State. Just last week, the skyline of South-south and South-East was transformed, as President Buhari commissioned the tallest Federal Government structure in the region, the 17-story Nigerian Content Tower, Headquarters of Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).

The architectural masterpiece occupies an area equivalent to four football fields, and has a 1,000 seater conference centre plus a 10 MW power plant. Started in late 2015, now completed, all under Buhari. Engineer Simbi Wabote, Executive Secretary of the agency paid tribute to the resolve, determination and encouragement of the President, that saw the structure to completion in record time. And Wabote, third E.S of NCDMB in its 10 years history, has written his name in gold. Just because he has a supportive President.

Minister of State for Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylvia, under whose tenure as Bayelsa State Governor the land was allocated for the project, declared: “The commissioning of this building is symbolic in many ways. It shows that Mr President is keen to see infrastructural development in every part of the country...It shows that skyscrapers and other laudable infrastructure can be built in the Niger Delta.”

But they say Buhari hasn’t achieved anything. You show them the 17-story building, and as they gaze skyward, their caps and headgear fall off. You pick the cap and headgear, dust and hand them back. And you ask, brothers and sisters, how now? Rather than admit defeat, they pull the caps and headgear over their eyes, and grumbled: We hate skyscrapers. They make us dizzy.

At that point, you pity them.
You realize that they need prayers.
They hate everything good.
They hate anything uplifting.
They hate development.
They hate their country.
They even hate themselves.

Once Again,,
Happy Birthday to our handsome darling Daddy.

To the enemies of the country,
Children of hate, Frustrations and perdition,
Lovers of bad news,
The anointing wey all of us @[color=#006600][/color] carry,
No be una Papa mate!

No Cap!

MAY BUHARI SUCCEED.

We moveeeee.....
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2020
How much is the fare?
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 29, 2020
EmmBim:
how much is it please , from lag is to Abeokuta?

4K to 6k
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Aboki99(m): 4:57pm On Dec 29, 2020
BIGPREEQ:
I'm happy the south west is reaping the fruit of their labour but Omorr make I no lie na South East need that train pass
They are "Travellers" both business and leisure wise

True, they need it more than anybody else but the only thing is they don't know how to play their political cards right. No region, I repeat Sir, no region is so politically unsophisticated as to ever put all their political eggs in one basket which is what the SE did for no rational justification. Because if the PDP has been such a darling bride to them that they can't exchange it for anything else, why didn't it construct the rails for them? Or was their darling bride (PDP) unaware that its groom (SE) is peopled by "Travellers" both business and leisure wise"? Lesson: Never put all your eggs in one basket; Never take politics as a game for ventilating unadulterated hatred against politicians whom God may grant the power to dictate the pace of your infrastructural progress for centuries to come.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2020
Mrbillionaire:

Economy 4K to 6k
what? is expensive
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 29, 2020
EmmBim:
what? is expensive

Very expensive

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by cejaypriesty(m): 5:01pm On Dec 29, 2020
etrouble:

They should get their own trains and railway from Goatluck Jonaddaft. He has paid for everything
Shallow minded, get a life .
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by frog12: 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2020
i am agreeing with you. its just mediocrity at this time and age.

phantom24:
ok keep celebrating.
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by BosseJustice: 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2020
Mrbillionaire:

4K to 6k

You don't know what you are talking about. Lagos to Ibadan (economy class) on that train is just N2,500. It cost nothing less than 2k to travel from Lagos to Ibadan by bus, and that's plus traffic and discomfort. So this train really makes sense, for its price and comfort (a.c).

Cc: EmmBim, ayenale1

4 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2020
BosseJustice:

You don't know what you are talking about. Lagos to Ibadan economy class on that train is just N2,500. It cost atleast 2k to travel from Lagos to Ibadan by bus, and that's plus traffic. So this train really makes sense, for its price and comfort.

Really, thanks for the correction, i will confirm that. It's still very expensive for the masses.
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2020
Mrbillionaire:

4K to 6k

Not true. Stop spreading fake info. Minimum fare Lagos to Ibadan is 2.5k. Abeokuta is a cheaper stop-over enroute so where do you get your own 4 to 6k from Mr "billionaire"? Lord knows why some of you will just go public with information you have not verified or cannot vouch to be factual.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/good-ugly-experiences-on-new-lagos-ibadan-train-service-reporters-diary/%3famp=1

I asked for the price of a ticket and was presented with various options depending on which cabin I wanted to sit in. The minimum fare was N2,500 for the economy class, an 88-seat cabin. I went for this. Of course, the prices for the business class or first-class cabins were more expensive, costing N5,000 and N6,000 respectively. I decided to explore the business class cabin on my return trip to Lagos. The train was to have a stopover at Abeokuta, so expectedly, Abeokuta-bound passengers paid less for their tickets.

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by balladin: 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2020
etrouble:

They should get their own trains and railway from Goatluck Jonaddaft. He has paid for everything
If only your Buhari and his gang were truthful, they'd let dumbos like you understand that Jonathan began much of what you see today in the name of railway rehabilitation. Don't take my word for it. Research.
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 29, 2020
Meaning 2.5k to Ibadan is cheap

candidtalk:

Not true. Stop spreading fake info. Minimum fare Lagos to Ibadan is 2.5k. Abeokuta is a cheaper stop-over enroute so where do you get your own 4 to 6k from Mr "billionaire"? Lord knows why some of you will just go public with information you have not verified or cannot vouch to be factual.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/good-ugly-experiences-on-new-lagos-ibadan-train-service-reporters-diary/%3famp=1

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 29, 2020
Mrbillionaire:

Very expensive
very very
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2020
BosseJustice:

You don't know what you are talking about. Lagos to Ibadan economy class on that train is just N2,500. It cost nothing less than 2k to travel from Lagos to Ibadan by bus, and that's plus traffic and discomfort. So this train really makes sense, for its price and comfort(a.c).

Cc: EmmBim, ayenale1
it's okay for 2500 what about Lagos to Abeaokuta please,I want to use this opportunity to see the olumo rock
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by leisuretym: 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2020
Cosmetic agenda to justify debt on behalf of Niger Republic their father land
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Carloslehder: 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2020
Stupid people, he forgot to mention the outrageous price for boarding
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by BosseJustice: 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2020
Mrbillionaire:

Really, thanks for the correction, i will confirm that. It's still very expensive for the masses.

Which masses are you talking about? The same masses that already enter bus from Lagos to Ibadan for atleast 2k (from Berger) and 3k (from Ajah)?? Besides, it's not for everyone. Since you prefer entering buses that's fine. Those that prefer the train will keep using it.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2020
EmmBim:
what? is expensive

Don't mind him. Lagos to Ibadan is 2.5k. Expect to pay less than that for Lagos to Abeokuta. The only problem is that online booking and information provision is really poor from the NRC.

You need to physically go to their Ebute Metta Station to get info and book at the moment. Never believe most private comments on Nairaland or even online in general. They just spread fake info to suit their agenda of making something or someone look good/bad.

I visited the website of the NRC on my smartphone, but the page did not load. I tried on several occasions but still, the website was inaccessible. I wanted to find out the booking process for the train ride, as well as the take-off time for the train. I thought it was a network issue preventing the NRC website from loading, so I visited other websites, which loaded without any issues.

Since I couldn’t access the NRC website to get the information I needed, I decided to physically visit the NRC Compound at Ebute-Metta, an old part of Lagos which has mostly houses built during the colonial era. The NRC compound itself was reputedly built by the British colonialists.

I visited the NRC compound on Wednesday, arriving before 8am, unaware that the train departure time at Lagos was 4pm, and not 8am. An NRC official later told me during the visit that for now, the DMU leaves from Ibadan to Lagos at 8am and then does a return trip from Lagos to Ibadan at 4pm. Booking is also done at the NRC compound, the official told me. This was the information I was looking for online.
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by AntiBalogunodua: 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2020
[s]
Balogunodua:

So... what stops them from making money from this one
[/s]
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by AntiBalogunodua: 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2020
[s]
Balogunodua:

Kikikiki... grin empty Ke? with their 80 million population in SE alone Nbanu.... grin
[/s]
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by NGpatriot: 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2020
ofiko123:
Is this supposed to be news??

If this is not news, then what is? Something sad and sorrowful that you and your kind love and celebrate all the time?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. / Chidiogo Akunyili And David Andrew Parr Official Wedding Photos / How Aba Residents Hailed President Buhari When He Visited (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.