Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

THROWBACK: Buhari Hails Father Mbaka For Courage In Faulting Jonathan’s Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / THROWBACK: Buhari Hails Father Mbaka For Courage In Faulting Jonathan’s Govt (368 Views)

Nigerians Knock Mbaka For Calling Peter Obi A Stingy Man / Fati Ajimobi Hails Father, Ganduje For Dethroning Emir Sanusi / 2019: You’re An Agent Of Satan, Fani-kayode Blast Mbaka For Endorsing Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THROWBACK: Buhari Hails Father Mbaka For Courage In Faulting Jonathan’s Govt by privaldo: 9:00pm On Dec 29, 2020
Throwback December 19, 2015: PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI HAILS FATHER MBAKA FOR COURAGE IN FAULTING JONATHAN'S GOVERNMENT

By Joseph Erunke

ABUJA – PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, commended the courage of Father Ejike Mbaka, for not only criticizing some policies of the former President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration but also moving against the latter’s reelection bid in the 2015 presidential poll.

Buhari, who spoke when he played host to the controversial Catholic priest and founder of Adoration Ministry, Enugu, at the Presidential Villa, described the pre-election exhortation of the priest, when he descended hard on the former president, as the best in his life.

A statement by Mr Femi Adesina, Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the president, said the president noted that the message was not only honest but also well delivered. President Buhari has “said that one of the best exhortations to the nation he has heard from the pulpit was the one made early this year by Father Ejike Mbaka of the Adoration Minis-tries, Enugu.

“President Buhari expressed his apprec-iation of the Catholic priest’s exemp-lary cou-rage, “the statement read. It quoted the president as saying:” “Thank you very much for what you have done and said. It brought you out to the whole country as a man of courage. It was honest and well delivered.

“It has gone into the records as one of the best concerns expressed from the pulpit, not because it favoured me and my party, the All Progressives Congress, but because it was good for the country.“ President Buhari reaffirmed his conviction that change will come to the country, “with a lot of hard work, despite the security and economic problems.”

He appealed for the continued underst-anding and patience of Nigerians. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, who was present at the president’s audience with Father Mbaka described the priest as a man “who stood for truth and propriety, and declared corruption unacceptable.”He added that the Buhari administration “is committed to truth and justice, and won’t encourage corruption in any way.”

Fr. Mbaka, who in the run up to the 2015 presidential election, told his teeming followers that erstwhile President Goodluck Jonathan would not be re-elected because of pervading corruption and insecurity in the land, said he was happy with the mission and methodology of the Buhari administration. He also wished the President a happy 73rd birthday.

VANGUARD

Re: THROWBACK: Buhari Hails Father Mbaka For Courage In Faulting Jonathan’s Govt by Kingosytex(m): 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2020
I still wonder how this regime is better than GEJ's.

Unbiased folks know that the condition the country is right now is much worse than it was under GEJ...Bubu's incompetence stinks to the sky. In fact, his incompetence makes GEJ a genius.

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: Buhari Hails Father Mbaka For Courage In Faulting Jonathan’s Govt by privaldo: 9:11pm On Dec 29, 2020
So, why then is his government and supporters being hypocritical when they are also criticized by another "Reverend Father".

Caveat: If you want to quote me don't talk about Kukah stirring tribal or religious violence because I won't reply.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: Buhari Hails Father Mbaka For Courage In Faulting Jonathan’s Govt by Racoon(m): 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2020
Buhari.. “asked Jonathan to vacate office for “failing” to tackle insecurity across the country.That Jonathan should vacate and give way to competent hand to govern the country.

According to him, the then president failed to perform his primary function of securing Nigerians.
https://www.thecable.ng/flashback-in-2013-buhari-asked-jonathan-to-resign-over-insecurity

This is the nauseating hypocrisy of this government and its mummified zombies.Any ills of governance that was roundly condemned in the previous govt but which have greatly worsened under this regime are to be tolerated or never spoken against.A case of double standard.

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Buhari Hails Father Mbaka For Courage In Faulting Jonathan’s Govt by Redhot111(m): 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2020
Buhari the hypocrite that so much hate being told the truth now.

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: Buhari Hails Father Mbaka For Courage In Faulting Jonathan’s Govt by Tolexander: 9:41pm On Dec 29, 2020
Buhari is the enantiomer of hypocrisy
Re: THROWBACK: Buhari Hails Father Mbaka For Courage In Faulting Jonathan’s Govt by GMBuhari: 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2020
depending on your perspective , infrastructure wise( even though there'll be major embezzelement) Buhari has done well, even if i don't fully understand the economic impact of building bridge

However in security and corruption fight, He fell my hand , this is why i no longer support Buhari

Kingosytex:
I still wonder how this regime is better than GEJ's.

Unbiased folks know that the condition the country is right now is much worse than it was under GEJ...Bubu's incompetence stinks to the sky. In fact, his incompetence makes GEJ a genius.

(1) (Reply)

The Big Question: Can Nigeria Be Saved? / Atiku Abubakar Receives Coronavirus Vaccine. PHOTOS / Mark Zuckerberg Reacts Over The Blocking Of Donald Trump’s Facebook & Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.