Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" (35927 Views)

Gunmen Attack Ridwan Oyekola After Receiving ₦10 Million Cheque / KSI Beats Logan Paul To Become Youtube Boxing Champion / Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by Philipponzaghi: 3:51am On Dec 30, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has felicitated with new World Boxing Federation (WBF) International Super Featherweight Champion, Ridwan Oyekola, “The Scorpion’’.

In a congratulatory message issued by his spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina, in Abuja on Tuesday, the president joined all Nigerians to celebrate the historical feat after 57 years.

He affirmed that Oyekola’s victory over an Argentine fighter, Lucas Montessino, brought more glory to the country, in a sport ”where another Nigerian, Anthony Joshua consistently blazes the trail”.

He, therefore, enjoined youths to diligently follow their passion to the point of global recognition and celebration.

Buhari believed the new Super Featherweight Champion realised his dream after many years of focus and discipline, urging more commitment to sustain his place in history, after the Late Dick Tiger.

He equally commended the Local Organising Committee for the WBF Title Match, which held in Nigeria.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/buhari-congratulates-new-boxing-champion-ridwan-the-scorpion/amp/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by JaneYave(f): 4:08am On Dec 30, 2020
Good one. For once a sport achievement caught his attention. Nothing as wonderful as sports and how uplifting it is to any nation.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by pyyxxaro: 4:10am On Dec 30, 2020
I would love him to Challenge YUSUF to a boxing contest undecided

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by edo3(m): 4:21am On Dec 30, 2020
It can only be us,,omo yoruba atata.. Yoruba laasa!!

Awa noni,, oni nkan lan je ose!!

132 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by Philipponzaghi: 4:29am On Dec 30, 2020
The Scorpion himself.

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by Philipponzaghi: 4:31am On Dec 30, 2020
pyyxxaro:
I would love him to Challenge YUSUF to a boxing contest undecided

Yusuf Bawo.

I think his name is Ridwan except if you mean to challenge another person.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by pyyxxaro: 4:37am On Dec 30, 2020
Philipponzaghi:

Yusuf Bawo.

I think his name is Ridwan except if you mean to challenge another person.

Wetin be buhari pikin name ?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by Philipponzaghi: 4:43am On Dec 30, 2020
pyyxxaro:

Wetin be buhari pikin name ?

Now I understand.

But Yusuf do you that you want the “Scorpion” to sting him.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by ZorGBUooeh: 4:50am On Dec 30, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by Nobody: 4:53am On Dec 30, 2020
grin Another government appointee go soon say Ridwan Oyekola Victory is a result of olubadan and Governor seyi makinde contribution to Sports....I trust them and they won't disappoint. grin

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by alienvirus: 5:06am On Dec 30, 2020
Omoluwabi

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by yommen: 5:14am On Dec 30, 2020
The Hausa man never does anything to bring glory to the name of Nigeria. They are only good at destructive acts.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by bamasite2: 5:23am On Dec 30, 2020
Congrats
Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by biden123(m): 5:23am On Dec 30, 2020
Lol scorpion wink
Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by BizBayo: 5:24am On Dec 30, 2020
Nice one!
Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by Toosure70: 5:24am On Dec 30, 2020
Yoloba amaka.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by wunmi590(m): 5:24am On Dec 30, 2020
Ok
Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by mrkings84(m): 5:25am On Dec 30, 2020
Ok
Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by bouncin04(m): 5:25am On Dec 30, 2020
grin
Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by JayTripz(m): 5:26am On Dec 30, 2020
He go kill cow too
Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by Pochettino(f): 5:28am On Dec 30, 2020
The only notable boxing bodies are WBC, IBF, WBA & WBO coming in a distant 4th. WBF & others are jokes.

This guy is a joke.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by MJluv(f): 5:28am On Dec 30, 2020
yommen:
The Hausa man never does anything to bring glory to the name of Nigeria. They are only good at destructive acts.
I am still waiting to hear of a sporting achievement by an Hausa man in singular sport.

All their own na to dey pursue cows and terroristic indulgences.

27 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by tillaman(m): 5:30am On Dec 30, 2020
grin
Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by NaijaFutbol: 5:30am On Dec 30, 2020
Hahahaha

Cartoon President
Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by ironheart(m): 5:31am On Dec 30, 2020
He realised his dream without the support of his country

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by Yoruba1stson: 5:31am On Dec 30, 2020
Yoruba omokaro ojire
any good news about nigeria are from yoruba, the most blessed tribe in africa.
i'm very proud to be a yoruba
Nymiris will not like this ooh

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by Tab4kids(f): 5:32am On Dec 30, 2020
Re: Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" by mrkings84(m): 5:33am On Dec 30, 2020
yommen:

My brother I thought na only me dey reason same.....

All they know is bombblasting, kidnapping of school children in hundreds, beheading of grown-up adults in scores, burning of villages overnight, assassination of people on high ways, etc....

Just when are we gonna hear or see and hausa youth does something to bring glory to the nation??

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chichi Igbo Writes On Doubt About Her Sexuality ( SNAPSHOT) / I Want To Coach Chelsea – Mikel Obi / Cristiano Ronaldo And Juventus Stars Mobbed, Arrive Singapore For ICC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.