Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate (29952 Views)

Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry / Pastor Igwe Erick Nwankwo's Car Number Plate Goes Viral / Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by nyiamfrank: 2:46pm On Jan 01, 2021
Ikpumbe1:

I just read this trash you wrote. How can you be this unreasonable? I am a gentleman that hates altercation and arguments. I tried my best in explaining to those police guys but they were filled with greed. My money is back in full. They ended up wasting my time and thiers.
Whatever you choose to write here is what you want people to believe. No one can make a sagacity by be listening to a one sided story.

Back in full or back in half, was I there to even say a dime left your pocket?

There are things you obviously won't tell us, the police account is very pertinent, Mr.
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by nyiamfrank: 3:02pm On Jan 01, 2021
dgitrader:

I mean no offence, but you reason like a typical policeman. May your god help you overcome the darkness inherent.
Mr trader, if you were a judge in this matter, would you draw a conclusion without hearing from the police? It's a simple question, please.
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by erico2k2(m): 4:25pm On Jan 01, 2021
nyiamfrank:
The criminal side of the story is what that young man won't tell you. No sane officer would want to detain anyone for a civil offence. I am believing that something is missing out from that young man's statement which only the police can tell. that is why I don't jump into conclusion in any story I see here, without hearing from both sides. a typical Nigerian will only paint the picture to beautify himself
you are very annoying, vast majority id detention in Nigeria is illegal and of civil cses ie someone owes someone money they get arrested,have you not herd that countless time in Nigeria? where police are used as debt collectors, what we k now so far are the facts OP was arrested car was released to him after payment end off, the reason given was number plate was fake.It seems you do not have a car I n Nigeria and have not come across these miscreants,I have a special ID card frm work I show then and I drive past without talking to them

1 Like

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by erico2k2(m): 4:26pm On Jan 01, 2021
Ikpumbe1:

I just read this trash you wrote. How can you be this unreasonable? I am a gentleman that hates altercation and arguments. I tried my best in explaining to those police guys but they were filled with greed. My money is back in full. They ended up wasting my time and thiers.
I don't think he has encountered the police b4 .Police who told me they are going to lose the top of my Engine to seek the engine number ahaha

2 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by nyiamfrank: 4:33pm On Jan 01, 2021
erico2k2:

you are very annoying, vast majority id detention in Nigeria is illegal and of civil cses ie someone owes someone money they get arrested,have you not herd that countless time in Nigeria? where police are used as debt collectors, what we k now so far are the facts OP was arrested car was released to him after payment end off, the reason given was number plate was fake.It seems you do not have a car I n Nigeria and have not come across these miscreants,I have a special ID card frm work I show then and I drive past without talking to them
fake number plate started the issue, u can't judge without hearing from the police
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by adetokiidowu(f): 4:35pm On Jan 01, 2021
It is better to start your case now that your car is still with them, you have a good evidence. Call them in internet and follow up
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by erico2k2(m): 5:13pm On Jan 01, 2021
nyiamfrank:
fake number plate started the issue, u can't judge without hearing from the police
Fake number plate who called it fake? did you not read up where others stated that lagos prints its own plate number and it might not get updated fru enough on the VIO website however a quick call to Auto reg or mayB you are too young or rather ignorant to know what auto reg is if his number comes of Auto reg don't that tell you it ain't fake and when the police claim Ignorance about auto reg don't that tell you that they are thieves? Look I live my teenage life at a police Barack and even fru my Uni years go holiday there in Lagos so I know what them man can do just to get money off you!

1 Like

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by erico2k2(m): 5:14pm On Jan 01, 2021
adetokiidowu:
It is better to start your case now that your car is still with them, you have a good evidence. Call them in internet and follow up
Read fru, I think U came late, money has be returned back to him and so is his car
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by nyiamfrank: 5:25pm On Jan 01, 2021
erico2k2:

Fake number plate who called it fake? did you not read up where others stated that lagos prints its own plate number and it might not get updated fru enough on the VIO website however a quick call to Auto reg or mayB you are too young or rather ignorant to know what auto reg is if his number comes of Auto reg don't that tell you it ain't fake and when the police claim Ignorance about auto reg don't that tell you that they are thieves? Look I live my teenage life at a police Barack and even fru my Uni years go holiday there in Lagos so I know what them man can do just to get money off you!
All what you read was written by the same person abi? don't be myopic!
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by nyiamfrank: 5:27pm On Jan 01, 2021
erico2k2:

All what you read here was written by the same person. You get the point now!
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by erico2k2(m): 5:32pm On Jan 01, 2021
nyiamfrank:
All what you read here was written by the same person. You get the point now!
Do you drive on 9ja roads? plate and docs cost average of 40K why would a driver fake it ? or U accusing him of stealing the car too

1 Like

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by nyiamfrank: 7:14pm On Jan 01, 2021
erico2k2:

Do you drive on 9ja roads? plate and docs cost average of 40K why would a driver fake it ? or U accusing him of stealing the car too
Chief, the argument is long gone past vehicle and docs, the reason why the man was detained is what I am suspecting that something else happened on the scene which the young man has refused to tell us. which is why I am insisting that judging this matter, you must hear from the other side too.

you get the point now!

1 Like

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by erico2k2(m): 7:20pm On Jan 01, 2021
nyiamfrank:
Chief, the argument is long gone past vehicle and docs, the reason why the man was detained is what I am suspecting that something else happened on the scene which the young man has refused to tell us. which is why I am insisting that judging this matter, you must hear from the other side too.

you get the point now!
you want to hear from the police side ba?

1 Like

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by Control7: 9:05pm On Jan 01, 2021
nyiamfrank:

you get the point now!

E be like say u never jam police wàhálà before?

This xame thing happened to me on Benin Asaba road, they said mine is valid but not assigned, just like that I am following them to the station or I settle, right there I insisted I don't budget their money with the money with me and that I am not going to any station, faked a call and they later let me go without paying shishi, though I already have it in mind that worse come to worse I will leave the copies of my documents with them and continue my journey before they later let me go.

I have also been stopped before and they said My papers are fake as there is no stamp on my proof of ownership (Abuja doesn't stamp) and also I don't have allocation of number plate, I told them Abuja don't do that, they delayed me, I have to call PCRU before they later let me go without paying/following them to the station.

Forget if police want to extort u, they will try to play on your intelligence/ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by dgitrader(m): 9:20pm On Jan 01, 2021
nyiamfrank:
Mr trader, if you were a judge in this matter, would you draw a conclusion without hearing from the police? It's a simple question, please.

Mr Officer, the victim has been refunded by the wicked crooks, with clear apologies too(based on Force headquarters directive). if you were a judge in the matter, what would be your next line of action?

1 Like

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by nyiamfrank: 9:42pm On Jan 01, 2021
dgitrader:

Mr Officer, the victim has been refunded by the wicked crooks, with clear apologies too(based on Force headquarters directive). if you were a judge in the matter, what would be your next line of action?
If those officers were found guilty, then, they deserve a punishment. refund of the money is not punishment because the money actually belongs to the man.

but whoever has stood on top of this matter, must have heard from both sides. that is my point.

moreso, some senior officers who have better things to do may even just remove money from his pocket and settle the civilian if the money is his problem and go and continue with something more profiting. than coming to waste time and energy on 30k

you and I are just hearing report but can't tell the circumstances surrounding the whole case.

I still stand my point that there are some things that fellow failed to say.

Like I said earlier, if the officers are found guilty, refund of the money is the first step before meting the punishment that will serve as a deterrent to others.

1 Like

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by kelechiodo(m): 9:36am On Jan 02, 2021
erico2k2:

you want to hear from the police side ba?

You should know by now you are chatting with a police officer. He is sergeant Frank Nyiam. They all think the same way, turning common sense upside down, making illegality to appear legal. Nigeria has a long way to go.

2 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by erico2k2(m): 11:24am On Jan 02, 2021
kelechiodo:

You should know by now you are chatting with a police officer. He is sergeant Frank Nyiam. They all think the same way, turning common sense upside down, making illegality to appear legal. Nigeria has a long way to go.
No wonder.under them everything is arrest. They are xtreemly inadequate to say the least

1 Like

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by sirleke(m): 11:40am On Jan 02, 2021
kelechiodo:

I think @ this point it is pertinent to pen my opinion here...

I do have a different opinion contrary to those against nyiamfrank.

At first I was very upset by his write-ups but following carefully I began to have a different spot.

He is not completely on the side of d MIB n I do not strongly believe he's one.....

His point is clear: and I might be very wrong on this: all officers present at d point plus right in d station couldnt have been that cruel.....(slide)

We sometimes do all face these unjust acts frm dz MIB but we buy our way out in every possible means we can.

He isn't the only driver that plied that route, something must have triggered the bitterness of d MIB to act unjustly.....

All the same thank God he's out of d mess.

Pls I am subjected to corrections n no insults ...
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by dgitrader(m): 12:24pm On Jan 02, 2021
nyiamfrank:
If those officers were found guilty, then, they deserve a punishment. refund of the money is not punishment because the money actually belongs to the man.

but whoever has stood on top of this matter, must have heard from both sides. that is my point.

moreso, some senior officers who have better things to do may even just remove money from his pocket and settle the civilian if the money is his problem and go and continue with something more profiting. than coming to waste time and energy on 30k

you and I are just hearing report but can't tell the circumstances surrounding the whole case.

I still stand my point that there are some things that fellow failed to say.

Like I said earlier, if the officers are found guilty, refund of the money is the first step before meting the punishment that will serve as a deterrent to others.

the victims money was refunded and apologies tendered! yet you are still typing long epistles! that shows bias. end of matter

1 Like

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 02, 2021
sirleke:

At first I was very upset by his write-ups but following carefully I began to have a different spot.

He is not completely on the side of d MIB n I do not strongly believe he's one.....

His point is clear: and I might be very wrong on this: all officers present at d point plus right in d station couldnt have been that cruel.....(slide)

We sometimes do all face these unjust acts frm dz MIB but we buy our way out in every possible means we can.

He isn't the only driver that plied that route, something must have triggered the bitterness of d MIB to act unjustly.....

My question to you are:
1, if the victim was wrong (acted wrongly to officers), should locking him up for 6 hours and collecting ₦30,000 be justified any society?
2. He who seeks justice must come with clean hand. Don't you think the officers became criminals in that case by collecting money and refunding same when pushed, and by that have lost any claim of innocency in that case?
3. Why would a police officer go to the road to arrest somebody for a plate number without knowing all the means available to verify same? And even rejects same when it was pointed out to them?

I submit as follows:

1. An average Nigerian police officer is a bully full of ego, and see civilians as cows to milk. They are harsher that taskmasters of Egypt.
2. An average police officer in Nigeria is very corrupt.
3. Nigeria police for need purge of decadence and whatever training of seeing citizens as thieves first before innocent.
4. The illegal daily return of the force must be harshly confronted to sanitize police force

4 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by kelechiodo(m): 2:10pm On Jan 02, 2021
sirleke:

Please continue to buy your way out and feel they are doing you a favor. That's why a police officer will unjustly level allegations against you and you buy your way out with your hard earned money and still thank him for being considerate. Just continue. The nation has a long way to go.

2 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by 9icetoo(m): 10:09pm On Jan 02, 2021
sirleke:

Sirleke, so we should pay our way out?
Seriously?
So a policeman frames a citizen for an "offence" that he cannot defend in competent court and the citizen should "settle"?

So it is OPs fault that FRSC and Lagos State DMVA or whatever failed to integrate their database?

Whatdefvck is wrong with the people in this country?

3 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by Ezemarcel(m): 6:42am On Jan 03, 2021
kelechiodo:

you are very correct...no wonder his opinion are not straight....I even have his pictures self...police force need total re-Orientation......

2 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by ttshems(m): 11:33am On Mar 20, 2021
Pls am currently in this mess now am at the station in benin any help is welcome

Pls help a brother
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by FEGEITOK: 12:14pm On Mar 20, 2021
ttshems:
Pls am currently in this mess now am at the station in benin any help is welcome

Pls help a brother

Twitter is your friend.

post details

mention the station

mention the number of officers involved

tag the governor of the state, tag the Nigerian Police, tag the Nigerian Police CRU, tag National Human Rights Commission, ttag FRC, tag any newspaper or papers of your choice

the matter will receive speedy attention

You can also report to CRU through WhatsApp

but thieves don't like attention so the publicity may be your savior

Good luck

I was once detained for several hours and ended being released so late I burst my tires on major potholes moving late at night along that benin Abuja highway

there was no CRU then, since then CRU has rescues me from those demons countless times

the sooner the better

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cars On Display At The 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show / 2020 Nissan Juke Unveiled (photos, Details And Price) / Photos Of The Outstanding 2020 Nissan Armada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.