Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker (27646 Views)

₦500M Copyright Suits: Appeal Court Affirms Davies Iyiegbu’s Victory Vs Glo / Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World / Apple 'loses' $60 Billion In Two Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker by Nobody: 1:17am On Dec 31, 2020
Buzx:

Really? That's interesting. Then why hasn't anyone built and installed IOS on another phone? Just wondering. You know, to emulate a system you need to have its source codes.
Those things are just extra capacity added to iPhone components to improve system performance and efficiency so it is open to any company or source (any company they're getting it from) that's tested and has the quality they want.
IPhone for example may source it's graphics for screen from Samsung manufacturers under copyright agreements, same with other components when they use.
Summary ios is closed but components are open source.
Some softwares in ios are also open source which was integrated in those components.

1 Like

Re: Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker by AsiwajuNdigbo: 4:17am On Dec 31, 2020
Buzx:
Wondering how they got the codes to stimulate the iPhone since IOS itself isn't open source.

Linux. Apple OS uses Linux, which is open source.
Re: Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker by AsiwajuNdigbo: 4:21am On Dec 31, 2020
Buzx:

Really? That's interesting. Then why hasn't anyone built and installed IOS on another phone? Just wondering. You know, to emulate a system you need to have its source codes.

Many people have broken (hacked) iOS codes. However, proprietary rights forbids them to use it commercially without a consequence, prosecution at state and federal level.

The rule of order in America is CONSEQUENCE.

The people are bold and daring but the law is stiff and equally unforgiving.
Re: Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker by Nairalandwizerd(m): 5:38am On Dec 31, 2020
MansoryMX:

Look at this irresponsible lizard. Idiot, I am a certified and recognized iPhone dealer for your information and don’t come talking trash to me. I am not one those low life like you worship small change you call money in your dry bank account. I didn’t mention you get get off my mention and take your frustrated and depressed life else where, not me!
mumu, iPhone dealer, yet you are living in rented apartment. Use your head.
Re: Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker by DarkCaesar(m): 5:52am On Dec 31, 2020
watchindelta:
I just bought iPhone 11, I regretted it! I saw nothing! Over hype brand.
baba ibeji
Re: Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker by Buzx: 9:17am On Dec 31, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Linux. Apple OS uses Linux, which is open source.

Not Linux, but Unix.
Re: Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker by Buzx: 9:19am On Dec 31, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Many people have broken (hacked) iOS codes. However, proprietary rights forbids them to use it commercially without a consequence, prosecution at state and federal level.

The rule of order in America is CONSEQUENCE.

The people are bold and daring but the law is stiff and equally unforgiving.

That's true. It would be nice to get an IOS custom ROM though.
Re: Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker by AsiwajuNdigbo: 10:25am On Dec 31, 2020
Buzx:

Not Linux, but Unix.

I dont know about the new macs using M1 chips but all prior version macs that used intel were on Linux platform.

When i go on my command line in the mac I use Linux scripts.
Re: Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker by Ebubeslym(m): 10:37am On Dec 31, 2020
Gray Tecno pouvoir 4 pro for sale.
4 gb RAM
64gb ROM

ACCESSORIES COMPLETE
LOCATION * KETU, LAGOS

O8I64OOO398

Re: Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker by Buzx: 10:49am On Dec 31, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

I dont know about the new macs using M1 chips but all prior version macs that used intel were on Linux platform.

When i go on my command line in the mac I use Linux scripts.

Yeah, you can run Linux scripts in terminal and all doesn't mean that it's Linux. There are certain similarities between Linux and UNIX, but Mac and IOS are definitely based on UNIX.

Re: Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker by AsiwajuNdigbo: 10:59am On Dec 31, 2020
Buzx:

Yeah, you can run Linux scripts in terminal and all doesn't mean that it's Linux. There are certain similarities between Linux and UNIX, but Mac and IOS are definitely based on UNIX.

Linux itself is a variant of Unix.

Listen, cassava is the mother of several food products and they are not interchangeable. From cassava we get garri, get akpu, get fufu. When you eat eba do you call it akpu?

Stop calling iOS a Unix.

1 Like

Re: Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker by AsiwajuNdigbo: 11:07am On Dec 31, 2020
Buzx, okay check this out.

I think this clarifies it for me.

Re: Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker by AsiwajuNdigbo: 11:10am On Dec 31, 2020
I believe i generally accepted it was Linux because i can run the scripts.

Linux itself is derived from Unix, that explains why. I learnt something there today.

Thanks bro!
Re: Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker by Buzx: 11:19am On Dec 31, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:
I believe i generally accepted it was Linux because i can run the scripts.

Linux itself is derived from Unix, that explains why. I learnt something there today.

Thanks bro!

I wanted to type an epistle to explain this, but I'm glad you now got what I was saying! Cheers, bro.

1 Like

Re: Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker by DigitB: 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2020
theFilmtric:
the Apple is becoming rotten cheesy
Lalasticlala

There are many factors to make a phone stupid or not
You didn't bother to inquire
You just assumed he can't afford it
He might be a very rich man
You see how smart you are?

theFilmtricsay

Don't mind the guy.

That's what happens to many people, they switch off their brains whenever they switch their internet.
Re: Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker by theFilmtric: 12:12pm On Dec 31, 2020
DigitB:

Don't mind the guy.

That's what happens to many people, they switch off their brains whenever they switch their internet.
Always thinking like children

theFilmtricsay
Re: Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker by Ayobami7(m): 3:05pm On Dec 31, 2020
okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Chat With Airtel Customer Care Live Online For Support & Problem Solving / 6 Tips To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage / Mobile Phone Apps/games Zone Symbian S60v3 Os9.x Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.