Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Bad Gang With No Respect For God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bad Gang With No Respect For God (222 Views)

"If You Catch Your Wife Cheating & Forgive Her, Her Respect For You Will Go" / RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) / Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bad Gang With No Respect For God by sweetmusictv: 9:35am On Dec 30, 2020
An Emoji Devotions for Tue 30 December, 2020

Topic: Bad Boyz with No Respect for God

Highlights:

Elisha left Jericho and went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, a group of boys from the town began mocking and making fun of him. “Go away, baldy!” they chanted. “Go away, baldy!” Elisha turned around and looked at them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of them. 2 Kings 2:23-24

Since inception people tend to practise discrimination, favouring certain people and not others. You know it when you see it. The bad Boyz dress with swag , they go in groups and they don't want to respect anybody. They influenced social media critism and see elders as slow poke. Some formed cults and have guns and will intimidate both young and old so no one could challenge them.

But One day they saw an old man. They felt they can intimidate him too and they started shoulting "go away baldy" which is a derogatory word to body shame bald man in their latest slang. They didn't recognise the man was Elisha the prophet of the most High God. They paid for looking down on someone with anointing. There may be many of them and so they feel it safe to trend with mischief because they were the bad Boyz in town. To them it nothing to interrupt a peaceful elderly man's quiet walk. That same hour Two female bear mauled at 42 of them and the rest of the story would remind the horror of terrific day in the mind of their family and friends.

1 Samuel 2:30 But I will honor those who honor me, and I will despise those who think lightly of me.

The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40 NIV

If you are disrespectful fellow bullying and looking down on others because of your social status. Repent now and pray for mercy. This is a subject common to both genders. God will help parents to train their kids to treat others kindly with respect.

Prayer: Have mercy on my soul and help me with to treat others nicely.

https://emojidevotions..com/2020/12/bad-boyz-with-no-respect-for-god.html
Re: Bad Gang With No Respect For God by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On May 16, 2022
sweetmusictv:
An Emoji Devotions for Tue 30 December, 2020

Topic: Bad Boyz with No Respect for God

Highlights:

Elisha left Jericho and went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, a group of boys from the town began mocking and making fun of him. “Go away, baldy!” they chanted. “Go away, baldy!” Elisha turned around and looked at them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of them. 2 Kings 2:23-24

Since inception people tend to practise discrimination, favouring certain people and not others. You know it when you see it. The bad Boyz dress with swag , they go in groups and they don't want to respect anybody. They influenced social media critism and see elders as slow poke. Some formed cults and have guns and will intimidate both young and old so no one could challenge them.

But One day they saw an old man. They felt they can intimidate him too and they started shoulting "go away baldy" which is a derogatory word to body shame bald man in their latest slang. They didn't recognise the man was Elisha the prophet of the most High God. They paid for looking down on someone with anointing. There may be many of them and so they feel it safe to trend with mischief because they were the bad Boyz in town. To them it nothing to interrupt a peaceful elderly man's quiet walk. That same hour Two female bear mauled at 42 of them and the rest of the story would remind the horror of terrific day in the mind of their family and friends.
Please stop decieving folks with lies. That incident had nothing to do with discrimination or derogatory remarks etc. It was simply God sending a message to all of Israel that He would not tolerate the massacre of His prophets again. undecided

Now to the case of Elisha and the 42 boys, there is a context to that story you conveniently ignore. Before Elisha was established as prophet, many of God's prophet's in the land had been hunted down and murdered by the people who had mostly turned to idol worshipping. The few remaining prophets went into hiding , some thanks to Obadiah. Elijah, a major prophet at the time panicked and ran for his life for fear that he was next but in 1 kings 19, we read of how God sent him back so he could annoint those he had chosen to resolve the problem, this after So many of His prophets had been used for target practice. undecided

So in 2 Kings 2, the killings have ended, King Ahab and his wife Jezebel out of the picture, Elijah replaced by Elisha as the major prophet. Now Elisha is written to have been followed out of the city of Bethel by a group of about 42 boys, all of them mocking them and posing a possible threat, this in the same land that only recently made target practice out of prophets. Elisha couldn't dial 911, so He did the best thing which was call in the God who only recently installed him as a prophet. And God responded with a vengeance sending a message to all in the land that He would not tolerate a repeat of recent events. And His message was clearly received in all of Israel too because at no other time is it written, after that, that God's prophet's were rounded up and massacre in similar manner by the people of Israel. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Is Cross Over Night Compulsory? / What To Do And Get Married Within 6 Months / Did JESUS CHRIST Live? Muslims, Christians, Atheists Rub Minds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.