Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

My Eski Puppy Is Driving Me Nuts - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Eski Puppy Is Driving Me Nuts (1501 Views)

HELP; My Caucasian Puppy Is Dying / Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying / Please My Puppy Is Dying From Parvo Virus Help Me To Save My Puppy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Eski Puppy Is Driving Me Nuts by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 30, 2020
I have a 10 weeks old puppy, she's a house pet and very playful. The issue here is she has refused to use her litter box! Right from the day I got her, I started potty training here and would take her to her litter box every now and then.

But usually she wouldn't use it, and as soon as you let her out she will do her business anywhere. She would leave a mess at night and ave been cleaning it up. Yesterday after she pee right in front of me even when I took her to her litter box and let her out after she didn't go for some time. I was very quick to scold her, few hours later she wanted to poo and went straight to her litter box and did it and I was very happy and rewarded her.

Then today she left the biggest mess for us this morning, the whole place is messed up with her poo and pee, so I took her to her create while I clean up. She doesn't like staying in her crate and knows I'll let her out quickly, but I was going to let her spend enough time in there today, I let her out like 3 times in the within an hour to use the litter box but as usual she didn't go, so I put her back. And behold, she popped in her litter box 5mins later.

Now she's completely avoiding her poop and has been crying to let her out but I'm considering leaving her there. I think she knows I'll let her out if she crys so she decided to poop then cry to let her out because she doesn't consider the create her home. I know she's still very young but not too young not to know she shouldn't poop in her crate. When I had a GSD he was so smart at 6 weeks and was very easy to potty train but my Eski is deliberately stubborn.
Re: My Eski Puppy Is Driving Me Nuts by dawnomike(m): 10:16am On Dec 30, 2020
grossintel:
I have a 10 weeks old puppy, she's a house pet and very playful. The issue here is she has refused to use her litter box! Right from the day I got her, I started potty training here and would take her to her litter box every now and then.

But usually she wouldn't use it, and as soon as you let her out she will do her business anywhere. She would leave a mess at night and ave been cleaning it up. Yesterday after she pee right in front of me even when I took her to her litter box and let her out after she didn't go for some time. I was very quick to scold her, few hours later she wanted to poo and went straight to her litter box and did it and I was very happy and rewarded her.

Then today she left the biggest mess for us this morning, the whole place is messed up with her poo and pee, so I took her to her create while I clean up. She doesn't like staying in her crate and knows I'll let her out quickly, but I was going to let her spend enough time in there today, I let her out like 3 times in the within an hour to use the litter box but as usual she didn't go, so I put her back. And behold, she popped in her litter box 5mins later.

Now she's completely avoiding her poop and has been crying to let her out but I'm considering leaving her there. I think she knows I'll let her out if she crys so she decided to poop then cry to let her out because she doesn't consider the create her home. I know she's still very young but not too young not to know she shouldn't poop in her crate. When I had a GSD he was so smart at 6 weeks and was very easy to potty train but my Eski is deliberately stubborn.
Keep up with the training... It might just take a little while longer for your Eski to adapt. GSD are extremely smart hence the great difference in learning time and traits compared to your present pup

2 Likes

Re: My Eski Puppy Is Driving Me Nuts by olamirewaju6190: 5:07am On Dec 31, 2020
I remember this stage in training a puppy, I don't ever wanna be in that stage no more

1 Like

Re: My Eski Puppy Is Driving Me Nuts by emmanuel397: 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2021
All those puppys they know how to milk human kindness
Re: My Eski Puppy Is Driving Me Nuts by Cousin9999: 3:17am On Jan 19, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Siberian Husky Pups Available In Lagos. / 6 Weeks Old Male German Shepherd For Sale / Stray Dogs Attend Funeral Of Woman Who Use To Feed Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.