Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,150 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Victory Through Obedience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Victory Through Obedience (1574 Views)

Victory Through Praise / Obedience Is Better Than Sacrifice / Obedience and church work! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Victory Through Obedience by yommyuk: 4:51am On Mar 29, 2011
Acts 13:22-23
But God removed Saul and replaced him with David, a man about whom God said, I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do

When David became king, he ran into the same trial that Saul did. Saul had a trial of obedience of faith. Saul failed so miserably by running ahead of the Lord, and then feared that the Philistines were going to take him. David's obedience of faith was tried by the same army of the Philistines, but what did David do? David inquired of the Lord.

2 Sam 5:19
So David asked the Lord, "Should I go out to fight the Phillistines? Will you hand them over to me?" The Lord replied to David,"Yes go ahead. I will certainly hand them over to you."

The Lord who promises always fulfills. Vs 25 of that chapter told us that "So David did what the Lord commanded, and he struck down the Phillistines all the way from Gibeon to Gezer.

Obedience led to victory. Let us identify the key difference between David and Saul

God commanded Saul to completely destroy the Amalekites. He didn't. He spared the best of the sheep, cattle, goat and etc. What was his excuse? "But we are going to sacrifice them to the Lord your God. We have destroyed everything else." He presumed and disobeyed.

What is more pleasing to the Lord? God values obedience much more than ritual.

In the case of David, he did not presume upon the directions that the Lord gave him the first time. The next time that David had to go up and fight the Philistines, he inquired AGAIN.

2 Sam 5:22-23
But after a while the Phillistines returned and again spread out accross the valley of Rephaim. And again David asked the Lord what to do. "Do not attack them straight on,"the Lord replied. " Instead, circle around behind and attack them near the poplar trees.

The steps of the righteous are ordered by God. When we allow God to take charge over our life. Victory is ours. David's victory was through patience and the obedience of faith. You cannot separate faith from obedience or unbelief from disobedience. It was by his obedience that David proved his faith.

David served the Lord from the heart all the days of his life. David was tempted and he fell under the power of sin, but he repented and walked with the Lord. That's why it says that David's heart was perfect. Even though David committed murder and adultery in the matter of Uriah the Hittite, the Lord said that his heart was perfect before Him.

God is an honest judge. He is angry with the wicked every day. David knew the way the mind of God works when he decreed in Psalm 7:9
"End the evil of those who are wicked, and defend the righteous. For you look deep within the mind and heart, O Righteous God"

CONCLUSION

In as much that the Lord does accept our offerings and sacrifices, These mean nothing to the Lord if disobedience rules our heart. We cannot use our sacrifices and offerings to manipulate  God into doing something he would rather not do. Whenever we try to use the sacrificial system to manipulate God while living self-serving lives. It only infuriates him.

This is exactly what the people of Israel tried in the book of Jeremiah 7:20-23

So this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will pour out my terrible fury on this place. Its people, animals, trees, and crops will be consumed by the unquenchable fire of my anger." This is what the Lord of Heaven's Armies, the God of Israel says: "Take your burnt offerings and your other sacrifices and eat them yourselfs! When I led your ancestors out of Egypt, it was not burnt offerings and sacrifices I wanted from them. This is what I told them: " OBEY ME, AND I WILL BE YOUR GOD, AND YOU WILL BE MY PEOPLE. DO EVERTHING AS I SAY, AND ALL WILL BE WELL!" -- Amen cheesy

Our obedience to the Lord allows us to have a personal relationship with him that provides the basis for a wonderful future.

What is the voice of the Lord telling you to do? Obey it and see what the Lord will do.

God bless wink
Re: Victory Through Obedience by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 07, 2014
Tnkz,pray the lord gives the strenth to obey.

(1) (Reply)

Say The Word And See The Results / Omolayo Abayomi Cried 'jesus Help Him' 20 Times Before The Child’s Mother Told H / Church Wedding: Anatomy Of Nonsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.