Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? (506 Views)

Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? / Man Orders Boss To Sign Document In The Name Of Jesus Or He Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by vybzkartel: 7:26am On Dec 31, 2020
The word of God can't lie

Luke 10:17-20

[17]Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.”

[18]And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

[19]Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

[20]Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”

Our Lord Jesus said all these even before He died. He had Authority over all the power of Satan. So why do some people fear Satan like that? They give Satan preeminence . Satan is subject to Christ. Note that , in verse 17, the 70 reported that the demons were subject to the name Jesus. Jesus Christ is God, He controls creation. Halleluyah
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by pyyxxaro: 7:35am On Dec 31, 2020
Buhari
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by bingbagbo(m): 7:43am On Dec 31, 2020
Of course, God controls all things. He is in charge.

If anyone says Satan is in charge then that person worships Satan

Such persons don't understand what the Bible means by ......the ruler of this world grin

Such persons are in darkness

1 Like

Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by enilove(m): 8:39am On Dec 31, 2020
The earth belongs to God :

Psalm 24:1 KJV
The earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

After the creation of the earth , God gave the management of it to man , but man lost it to Satan by obeying him instead of God .
Since the time Adam fell till now , Satan has been ruling the earth .

The largest populations of the earth are worshipping Satan directly or indirectly .

The purpose of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ is to save souls and destroy this world .

It is because Satan is the ruler of this world that made him to ask for Jesus' worship :

Matthew 4:8-9 KJV
Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; [9] And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

This world is ruled or governed by Satan .
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by L0g1C(m): 8:49am On Dec 31, 2020
enilove:

The earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

After the creation of the earth , God gave the management of it to man , but man lost it to Satan by obeying him instead of God .

The largest populations of the earth are worshipping Satan directly or indirectly .

The purpose of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ is to save souls and destroy this world .

It is because Satan is the ruler of this world that made him to ask for Jesus' worship :

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; [9] And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

And when did the devil stop being a liar

1 Like

Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by illicit(m): 9:17am On Dec 31, 2020
Satan....
I met Jesus once but I have met Satan severally
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by DappaD: 9:18am On Dec 31, 2020
enilove:

Hmmm make I no talk grin grin
Cc: MaxInDHouse
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by bingbagbo(m): 9:38am On Dec 31, 2020
L0g1C:

Great question, bless you
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by bingbagbo(m): 9:41am On Dec 31, 2020
enilove:

Lol

Where in scripture did man give His authority to Satan? Yes, Adam and Eve disobeyed God, but the scriptures never say they handed any authority to Satan.

Again, where in scripture does it say Satan rules THE EARTH? Do you know what that means?

Read Romans 13:1

Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by shadeyinka(m): 10:15am On Dec 31, 2020
vybzkartel:

[17]Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.”

[19]Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

[20]Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”

Our Lord Jesus said all these even before He died. He had Authority over all the power of Satan. So why do some people fear Satan like that? They give Satan preeminence . Satan is subject to Christ. Note that , in verse 17, the 70 reported that the demons were subject to the name Jesus. Jesus Christ is God, He controls creation. Halleluyah
As per this world, satan and the system of iniquity is at work and in control.

As per the domain of a child of God, he is supposed to have dominion over every force of darkness around him. Unfortunately,
1. The average Christian is like a soldier or policeman who doesn't know the power of his rifle and probably doesn't know the authority he carries
2. God sent Christians to be the light of the world wherever they are but they are not expected to CHANGE the world. No one can change the world!
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by bigjackass: 10:23am On Dec 31, 2020
Omo the devil is commander in chief of this world. If you folks insist that Jesus is in charge then he is a poor ruler with little control over his subjects. What is the difference between him and buhari
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by oluwole70525: 11:14am On Dec 31, 2020
:And when did the devil stop being a liarGreat question, bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by enilove(m): 12:11pm On Dec 31, 2020
L0g1C:
Did I say the devil is no longer a liar ?
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by bingbagbo(m): 12:14pm On Dec 31, 2020
enilove:

Did I say the devil is no longer a liar ?

But u believe the devil when he says the kindoms of the earth had been given onto him

Even though the scriptures call him the Father of lies
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by enilove(m): 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2020
bingbagbo:

Lol

Where in scripture did man give His authority to Satan? Yes, Adam and Eve disobeyed God, but the scriptures never say they handed any authority to Satan.

Again, where in scripture does it say Satan rules THE EARTH? Do you know what that means?

Read Romans 13:1

Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords

What does it mean to be the '' prince of this world '' ?

Satan is the prince of this world :

John 14:30 KJV
Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

If God is the ruler of this world , why would Satan ask Jesus to bow to him b4 handing over the earth to him ?

Did Jesus not say that his kingdom is not of this world ?

John 18:36 KJV
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by enilove(m): 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2020
bingbagbo:

But u believe the devil when he says the kindoms of the earth had been given onto him

Even though the scriptures call him the Father of lies

Did Jesus deny this ?
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by Ihedinobi3: 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2020
vybzkartel:

Hi there.

Our Lord Jesus certainly has authority over Satan. The Bible is clear that He has been crowned King of all kings and Lord of all lords and that He has ascended to a position far above all every authority (Matthew 28:18; Ephesians 1:20-22; Philippians 2:9). But the Bible also says,

Of David. A psalm.
1 The LORD says to my lord:
“Sit at my right hand
until I [begin to] make your enemies
a footstool for your feet.”
Psalms 110:1 (NIV) (compare Revelation 11:17)

The Lord Jesus has not yet begun to reign, that is, although He has been made King, He has not yet started to exercise His Authority over all His Dominions. He Himself said to us:

30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.
John 14:30 (NKJV) (compare 2 Corinthians 4:4; 1 John 5:19)

This world is in the wicked one. The spiritual system that rules over this planet is the kingdom of darkness (Colossians 1:13). When we are saved, we are rescued out of that kingdom and made citizens of a different Kingdom whose rule over the earth is yet to come (John 18:36). When this is said, people often recall what the Lord Jesus said:

20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”
Luke 17:20-21 (NIV)

But this only meant that the Head of that Kingdom was right there with the people with whom the Lord was speaking. Because we are citizens of that Kingdom now that we are saved, our presence in the world is exactly the same. The Kingdom of God is in this way among the people of this world, but only in the form of an invading force. That is why there is a war going on.

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Ephesians 6:12 (NIV)

3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 6 And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.
2 Corinthians 10:3-6 (NIV)

Christians are those who have been set free from Satan's kingdom and who are resisting being made slaves again and are helping to free others who wish to be freed from Satan's tyranny. But their Kingdom is not yet here on earth. They have to wait patiently for the day that it will come and destroy this other kingdom that is ruling over the world today. That is their job -- to wait and refuse to succumb to the threats and seductions of their old country and help one another in doing so. Thinking that, because their King is more powerful than Satan and has received the right to rule over the earth, they ought to take over the earth now is a recipe for disaster. Their King commands patience for now until the time when all their brothers and sisters have been rescued from Satan's hold.

When Jesus returns, He will destroy Satan's kingdom and power and cleanse the earth of all evil rule. Until then, believers are to recognize that they are in enemy territory and not precipitate things that their Commander has not told them to precipitate.

What we can take away from this is that we ought not to be afraid of Satan just because he is the ruler of this world. Our King is not only more powerful than him (much more powerful, in fact), He is also the rightful ruler of this world, even if He is not ruling yet. Another thing is that we should be patient. This world is ruled by an evil ruler, so it is not surprising that things are so bad in it. It is also ruled by a usurper, so we should not be surprised that it is cursed by God. But this will not continue forever. Not only will the Lord preserve us in the midst of the wickedness of this world as we continue to trust and follow Him, but He will also eventually destroy Satan's power and establish His Own Eternal Kingdom here. If we fail to wait patiently, then we will soon find ourselves imprisoned by Satan again when we move without our Commander's permission and protection. This is what is happening with many of the churches of this world today and what will happen overwhelmingly during the Tribulation.

18 Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you;
therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.
For the LORD is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who wait for him!
Isaiah 30:18 (NIV)

1 Like

Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by MightySparrow: 2:17pm On Dec 31, 2020
bingbagbo:
Of course, God controls all things. He is in charge.

If anyone says Satan is in charge then that person worships Satan

Such persons don't understand what the Bible means by ......the ruler of this world grin

Such persons are in darkness
You mean jw worship satan? hian!
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by bingbagbo(m): 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2020
MightySparrow:
You mean jw worship satan? hian!

Yea
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by MightySparrow: 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2020
bingbagbo:

Yea
Why na? Their god cowardly left the earth to be run by satan since 1914 Shey?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:22pm On Dec 31, 2020
Better allow them to continue with their cut and join arguments, a JW's comment will provoke all of them now as if you've brought some sort of a plague into their arguments! wink

DappaD:

Hmmm make I no talk grin grin
Cc: MaxInDHouse
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by Phraences: 3:25pm On Dec 31, 2020
Why are some people born deformed?? Some thoughts just tire me.
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by DappaD: 3:47pm On Dec 31, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Better allow them to continue with their cut and join arguments, a JW's comment will provoke all of them now as if you've brought some sort of a plague into their arguments! wink

Read the comment en.ilove made above. Anybody who comes in contact with JWs must experience a positive impact/change in his/her thinking.
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by bingbagbo(m): 4:40pm On Dec 31, 2020
MightySparrow:
Why na? Their god cowardly left the earth to be run by satan since 1914 Shey?

I tell you grin grin grin

I pity JWs seriously
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:11pm On Dec 31, 2020
That's why i told you to leave them with their cut and join debate/argument if they want to know the truth all they need to do is ASK {Matthew 7:7] but if they think they know then it's OK let them go out there to preach and teach what they know! Matthew 28:19-20 smiley

DappaD:

Read the comment en.ilove made above. Anybody who comes in contact with JWs must experience a positive impact/change in his/her thinking.
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:15pm On Dec 31, 2020
So only JWs believe that Satan is the ruler of this world shey? John 14:30; 2Corinthians 4:4; 1John 5:19
Even many commentators believe Satan is in control with all the evidence we're seeing around us. But it's JWs that mustn't say anything shey? cheesy
We hear you! cheesy

cc DappaD

bingbagbo:

I tell you grin grin grin
I pity JWs seriously
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by DappaD: 9:32pm On Dec 31, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
So only JWs believe that Satan is the ruler of this world shey? John 14:30; 2Corinthians 4:4; 1John 5:19
Even many commentators believe Satan is in control with all the evidence we're seeing around us. But it's JWs that mustn't say anything shey? cheesy
We hear you! cheesy
cc DappaD

You no see say them dey drag identity of their Holy Ghost for that other thread grin grin
Re: Who Is Actually In Control Of The Earth, Jesus Or Satan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:39pm On Dec 31, 2020
Can demons be HOLY?

NO! They will continue with contradictions and confliction as long as they want to oppose JWs! Luke 11:23 smiley

DappaD:

You no see say them dey drag identity of their Holy Ghost for that other thread grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Odumeje Spits Fire As He Prophesized Into 2021: Pics & Video / See Why You Don't Need Deliverance As A Born Again.. / Man Revealed How Wizkid Sold His Soul For The Grammy Bella Shmurda Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.