Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,796 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah (4486 Views)

Beware Of Bid’ah: There Is Nothing Special In This Jumu’ah! / What Should A Person Do If He Catches Up With The Tashahhud In Jumu’ah Prayer? / Ruling On A Woman Putting Her Picture On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by Realismailakabir: 6:28am On Jan 01, 2021
Question

What is the punishment of not going to salat al jummah. Can you please back up the answer with a hadith.

Answer

Praise be to Allah.

If a person for whom Jumu’ah is obligatory does not attend and does not have a valid excuse, this is a major sin. Whoever does not attend three Jumu’ahs (in a row) out of negligence has a seal placed over his heart and is regarded as one of the ghaafileen (negligent, heedless). Muslim narrated in his Saheeh from Abu Hurayrah and Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both), that they heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon them) say from his minbar: “People should definitely stop neglecting Jumu’ah, or else Allaah will most certainly seal their hearts and they will most certainly be among the ghaafileen.”

According to another hadeeth: “Whoever neglects three jumu’ahs (in a row) out of negligence will have a seal placed upon his heart.” This is a spiritual punishment, which is more severe that a physical punishment such as imprisonment or flogging. The Muslim ruler should punish those who fail to attend Jumu’ah prayers with no excuse, as a deterrent. Let each Muslim fear Allaah and not miss performing one of the obligatory duties enjoined by Him, lest he expose himself to the punishment of Allaah; let him adhere to that which Allaah has made obligatory so that he may earn the reward of Allaah. And Allaah bestows His Bounty upon whomsoever He wills.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/7699/ruling-on-not-going-to-jumuah

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by chinchonglee(m): 9:00am On Jan 01, 2021
Some God actually doesn't exist
Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by ibha007: 9:02am On Jan 01, 2021
Jazakhallahu khair

11 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by cpu2006(m): 9:04am On Jan 01, 2021
May Almighty Allah increase your wisdom.
Thank you for this information

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by Lehksyen4life(m): 9:04am On Jan 01, 2021
Masha Allah!

May Allah was ease our tasks and makes us a better Muslim!

7 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by chillychill(f): 9:07am On Jan 01, 2021
Jazakumllahu khairan

6 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by Aremynart: 9:07am On Jan 01, 2021
Allahu Akbar!
Jazākumullāhu khairan

5 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by Vl3ly: 9:19am On Jan 01, 2021
JazzakALLAh khairan

4 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by Mummymahdi(f): 9:26am On Jan 01, 2021
Jazakumullahu khairan

4 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by Farid24224(m): 9:36am On Jan 01, 2021
Realismailakabir:

Question

What is the punishment of not going to salat al jummah. Can you please back up the answer with a hadith.

Answer

Praise be to Allah.

If a person for whom Jumu’ah is obligatory does not attend and does not have a valid excuse, this is a major sin. Whoever does not attend three Jumu’ahs (in a row) out of negligence has a seal placed over his heart and is regarded as one of the ghaafileen (negligent, heedless). Muslim narrated in his Saheeh from Abu Hurayrah and Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both), that they heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon them) say from his minbar: “People should definitely stop neglecting Jumu’ah, or else Allaah will most certainly seal their hearts and they will most certainly be among the ghaafileen.”

According to another hadeeth: “Whoever neglects three jumu’ahs (in a row) out of negligence will have a seal placed upon his heart.” This is a spiritual punishment, which is more severe that a physical punishment such as imprisonment or flogging. The Muslim ruler should punish those who fail to attend Jumu’ah prayers with no excuse, as a deterrent. Let each Muslim fear Allaah and not miss performing one of the obligatory duties enjoined by Him, lest he expose himself to the punishment of Allaah; let him adhere to that which Allaah has made obligatory so that he may earn the reward of Allaah. And Allaah bestows His Bounty upon whomsoever He wills.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/7699/ruling-on-not-going-to-jumuah
Allahu Akbar!!
May God forgive us especially me because I missed going to the mosque for Jumma'ah sometimes...

4 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by NorthernSerene(m): 10:15am On Jan 01, 2021
Mashallah! Jazakallahu khayran.

4 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by Lehksyen4life(m): 11:07am On Jan 01, 2021
K
Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by moufan: 11:56am On Jan 01, 2021
nice one op,jazakhumllahu akhiran

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by Crayfish09: 12:03pm On Jan 01, 2021
sunshineV:
last i went to mosque was 2018...those wey go mosque 2020 sef don die...allah couldnt protect her. useless god

Some Kuffars can't see an Islamic post and move on. Why comment on it if you don't believe? It is clear that your conscience is telling you the truth. Repent before Jahannam resets your brain

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by Gamblex: 12:24pm On Jan 01, 2021
some people won't be happy to see this post @ Biafra people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by sunshineV(f): 1:03pm On Jan 01, 2021
Crayfish09:

Some Kuffars can't see an Islamic post and move on. Why comment on it if you don't believe? It is clear that your conscience is telling you the truth. Repent before Jahannam resets your brain
lol kuffer kee u dia
Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by Xmuslim: 2:13pm On Jan 01, 2021
The ruling is simple. Allah will be angry if you don't visit him on Friday because he's usually pissed when you are away from him. He's attention seeker grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by Xmuslim: 2:15pm On Jan 01, 2021
sunshineV:
last i went to mosque was 2018...those wey go mosque 2020 sef don die...allah couldnt protect her. useless god
Allah that can't even protect kaaba from covid-19 grin. But as usual, the brainwashed fellow will continue to speak on his behalf. They can even kìll us if they see us in person. Their Allah is irrelevant. I left him and I never regret it. Last time I prayed was 2019.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by jaggabban: 3:16pm On Jan 01, 2021
Xmuslim:
Allah that can't even protect kaaba from covid-19 grin. But as usual, the brainwashed fellow will continue to speak on his behalf. They can even kìll us if they see us in person. Their Allah is irrelevant. I left him and I never regret it. Last time I prayed was 2019.
Olodo ni e.
Re: Ruling On Not Going To Jumu’ah by Xmuslim: 4:43pm On Jan 01, 2021
jaggabban:

Olodo ni e.
I'm sha smarter than your allah that revealed the verse of the Sun setting in a mud grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Solat Subhi And Personal Effectiveness. / Cremation- The Islamic Perspective / I Speak For The Muslim Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.