Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

5 Talking Points From President Buhari New Year Broadcast Message - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Talking Points From President Buhari New Year Broadcast Message (274 Views)

Ten Key Points From President Tinubu's Democracy Day Speech (Video) / 12 Things Buhari Said In New Year Broadcast / New Year Broadcast: I Will Continue To Listen To Youths - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Talking Points From President Buhari New Year Broadcast Message by Juleh01: 11:47am On Jan 01, 2021
President Buhari addressed the nation in the early hours of today as part of the new year rituals to explain to Nigerians the administration plans for the year and what has been achieved so far.
The President in his message promised an improved security, economy sustainability, power supply, winning the war on terror and projects that will be completed or commence this year. However, here are the five talking points extrapolated from the President's message;
1. FG Commitment To EndSARS Demands
The President talked about the understandable protests by youths demanding for police reform and accountability. President Buhari said the government has heard their cries and are committed to fulfill all the five demands they presented to the government. This is because he fully understand the desire for a better Nigeria which the youths are championing.
2. President Buhari promises to reorganize security apparatus
Many Nigerians have been calling on the government to change his service chiefs due to their incompetence. In his broadcast message, the President promised to reorganise, re-energize the security apparatus and personnel of the armed forces and the police with a view to enhance their capacity.
It is not clear thou if he would sack his service chiefs but it is nice to see he will shuffle the packs in the security personnel to tackle extremist groups causing havoc in the country.
3. Covid-19 Measures
President Buhari in his message promised that to keep the country safe from the new variants of coronavirus, plans has been made for the purchase, efficient and effective distribution of the Covid-19 vaccines. He urged everyone to adhere to the strict coronavirus prevention protocols laid out.
4. I Will Play My Part Without Fair Or Favour
In the wake of recent criticism of the pastor by some clergies that the President is displaying nepotism, he has assured the country that his pledge has always being the same. He said "I will play my part fully and without fear or favour. I invite all of us to do the same".
The President wish we all can also play our part because it is what we owe to the founding generations.
5. Revamping The Economy
The Nigerian economy suffered greatly due to the coronavirus pandemic which led to the government shutting down most states during the lockdown. On ways to revamp the economy, President Buhari said this will be done through national economic diversification agenda that supports food sufficiency.
Also, adequate measures are in place to improve the infrastructural base which include rehabilitation, expansion of railways, road and bridges. Plans for adequate distribution of electricity to homes and factories has been guaranteed.
What are your views about these salient points raised by the President in his broadcast message? Drop your comments below.
Source: https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detailnews_id=3b184cb16c50700fcbd060aa56f49d84&news_entry_id=s72ed41f1210101en_ng&open_type=tanscoded&request_id=news_1618f8c5-b06c-4d7d-8464-3daa564e704e&from=news

Re: 5 Talking Points From President Buhari New Year Broadcast Message by nicho450(m): 11:51am On Jan 01, 2021
They can talk!!!
Re: 5 Talking Points From President Buhari New Year Broadcast Message by LogoDesigner63: 11:52am On Jan 01, 2021
I Wish him well
Re: 5 Talking Points From President Buhari New Year Broadcast Message by Juleh01: 11:54am On Jan 01, 2021
Lalasticlala, Mynd44 please let's get more people's reactions.
Re: 5 Talking Points From President Buhari New Year Broadcast Message by CandyOps(m): 12:06pm On Jan 01, 2021
Duck him and duck the police.

I mean, what do I need the govt for? the only thing dem de provide be like na just expressways repairs and work.

In my estate we bought our own transformer for power, paid mopo guys for security, we drill our own boreholes for water, build our own schools for education and currently constructing our estate roads.

We contribute more to this nation individually more than the government has ever done for me individually.

I really think they (the government) should be the ones listening to us when we talk because they're practically redundant and useless to me angry

(1) (Reply)

Nin Registeration Or Sim Blockage: What Is The Real Plan?? / If Oshomhole Were From Kaduna, His House Would Have Been Demolished. True Or Not / Confusion Trails Introduction Of E-ticketing At Idu Rail Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.