Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,960 members, 7,838,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Abia-north : Senator Kalu Vows To Renovate, Reconstruct More Schools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia-north : Senator Kalu Vows To Renovate, Reconstruct More Schools (178 Views)

Supreme Court Declares Frank Ibezim, Imo North Senator-Elect / Abia North: Senator Kalu Reconstructs, Renovates Schools (Photos) / Soldiers Reconstruct Collapsed ATBU Bridge That Led To Students' Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia-north : Senator Kalu Vows To Renovate, Reconstruct More Schools by Man102: 2:25pm On Jan 01, 2021
Abia-North : Senator Kalu Vows To Renovate, Reconstruct More Schools

It was a double celebration for the people of Amaeke Item in Bende LGA of Abia-North of Abia State as the Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu Senatorial announced his plan to reconstruct and renovate their community primary school.

Senator Kalu who is also their representative at the upper parliament disclosed this during the community's end of year celebration tagged "2020 Amaeke Item Day / Ime Uche and Ifu-Uke".

IGBERE TV reports that the people who gathered at the "Umunnato Central School" to celebrate the event ; had an icing added to their cake when Senator Kalu who was the Chief Guest of Honour at the event disclosed to them that the primary school will be renovated.

Giving his speech during the cultural themed event, Senator Kalu disclosed his plan to renovate the Umunnato Central school, this will add to the over 30 primary schools currently undergoing massive reconstruction in his constituency through his intervention.

Coincidently , the primary school similar to others was built by Senator Kalu during his tenure as Governor of Abia State, however subsequent and current administration paid no attention to it till date. Kalu said that he's intention to carry out renovation work on the school in 2021 was borne out of his zeal to serve the people.

In his words " When I came into this arena , I saw this primary school this is a school that I built when I was Governor unfortunately it has been abandoned. I can sure you all that in addition to other schools which I am currently renovating I will ensure that this particular school is completely renovated.

"I don't play politics neither do I make empty promises , I speak with my actions . During the last election I gave you all assurances that this road will be tarred and today you can all see the road is being tarred.

In less than one year in office, you can see that we have five roads currently being constructed in "Isuikwuato" , in Ohafia there are five roads being tarred, same in Arochukwu we also have five roads , at Item the "rubber road" is also being constructed.

Apart from that next year work will also commenced at "Apagu" to "Akanu" roads. As Governor the children were. Otherwise paying school fees , our tuition free school Programe was 100% . Our teachers were promptly paid, our pensioners and I always matched my words with action.

Senator Kalu also enjoined the people to uphold their cultural values , Kalu emphasised the need to uphold and promote the cultural rich values of Abia and Nigeria at large.

Expressing his gratitude on behalf of the elated crowd, President General of Amaeke Item community Chief Ebere Ali appreciated Senator Kalu for his commitment to rebuild the community school, Ebere also thanked the Chief Whip for other ongoing projects within the Senatorial zone.

In his words "The Leadership of Amaeke Item Community Development Union on behalf of the people of Amaeke Item in Bende LGA , we express our sincere gratitude to you for your commitment to renovate this school. Asides the school; we have seen his works going on in our constituency most especially our roads.

He is an of his words, I also appreciate him for gracing our occasion, this will further boost the cultural heritage and values of our community and Abians.

The annual celebration also featured cultural war dances display ,Masquerade display and Presentation of meritorious certificate to retirees.

STAY WITH IGBERE TV. AFRICA'S NO1 COMMUNITY TV.

https://igberetvnews.com/1377567/abia-north-senator-kalu-vows-renovate-reconstruct-schools/

Re: Abia-north : Senator Kalu Vows To Renovate, Reconstruct More Schools by RedPhoenix: 2:30pm On Jan 01, 2021
Thief. You're only returning..
Re: Abia-north : Senator Kalu Vows To Renovate, Reconstruct More Schools by Omihanifa: 2:35pm On Jan 01, 2021
Senator Robin hood undecided
Re: Abia-north : Senator Kalu Vows To Renovate, Reconstruct More Schools by LogoDesigner63: 2:40pm On Jan 01, 2021
Hnnm
Please who else notice politicians are only useful when they're vying for an office
Re: Abia-north : Senator Kalu Vows To Renovate, Reconstruct More Schools by SmartPolician: 6:26pm On Jan 01, 2021
Someone should tell him to stop building mediocre schools

(1) (Reply)

We'll Sustain Growth, Unity In Lagos APC - Obasa / Electricity Tarrif Hike: PDP Asks Buhari To Rescind His Decision Immediately / [lyric] Aduwiz_speculate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.