Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,543 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? (824 Views)

The Sleep Paralysis I Had: Could This Be A Spirit Wife? / Pastor Adeboye At 76, Human or a spirit? - Sunnewsonline / Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 01, 2021
Well, I don't believe there are beings that are smarter than humans.
But I want those that believe in spirits to state how they can be defined.
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by XXXXTENTACION: 9:40pm On Jan 01, 2021
In reality spirits don't exist !!!

they are part of those bulshit stories made up to scare kids.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 01, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
In reality spirits don't exist !!!

they are part of those bulshit stories made up to scare kids.
I wonder why religious people can't explain certain things.
They will rather say there are things beyond human comprehension.
But what are those things
They have to define them.
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by XXXXTENTACION: 11:06pm On Jan 01, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I wonder why religious people can't explain certain things.
They will rather say there are things beyond human comprehension.
But what are those things
They have to define them.
well religous people are human beings like me and you (not gods)
well i guess they don't know shit.
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 01, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
well religous people are human beings like me and you (not gods)
well i guess they don't know shit.
Do you believe in God(s)?
If you don't,then why did you mention God(s)?
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by XXXXTENTACION: 11:46pm On Jan 01, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Do you believe in God(s)?
If you don't,then why did you mention God(s)?
I only used that to illustrate a point to you. Anyway we have so many Gods from Allah, Jesus, Budha, e.t.c
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 01, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
I only used that to illustrate a point to you. Anyway we have so many Gods from Allah, Jesus, Budha, e.t.c
Ok.
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 01, 2021
To make this more interesting, ask for the difference between a soul and a spirit.
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by Nobody: 6:01am On Jan 02, 2021
Martian:
To make this more interesting, ask for the difference between a soul and a spirit.
LOL.
If they can't really define,how would they differentiate
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by Nobody: 6:11am On Jan 02, 2021
HellVictorinho:

LOL.
If they can't really define,how would they differentiate

Therein be the interesting part.
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:31am On Jan 02, 2021
A spirit is just like an invisible traffic warden perfectly controlling visible commuters on a busy road, of course you can SEE those commuters but you can't SEE the invisible traffic warden!

When you see two, three or more people heading towards the same direction and you can't figure out what exactly is the motive driving them there, know that it's some form of supernatural force, that's what a spirit can do! smiley

HellVictorinho:
Well, I don't believe there are beings that are smarter than humans.
But I want those that believe in spirits to state how they can be defined.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
A spirit is just like an invisible traffic warden perfectly controlling visible commuters on a busy road, of course you can SEE those commuters but you can't SEE the invisible traffic warden!

When you see two, three or more people heading towards the same direction and you can't figure out what exactly is the motive driving them there, know that it's some form of supernatural force, that's what a spirit can do! smiley

That's not a definition.
You are just repeating what they say when people ask why good or bad things happen.
They will say there is a spirit behind it
But what is a spirit?
If you say a living thing is a force,then you're being figurative.
So, define spirits instead of being figurative!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:27am On Jan 02, 2021
I've only explained what a spirit does but if you're not satisfied then define it yourself or discard the topic. One fact that's inevitable is spirits will continue to drive multitude and whether you like it or not that's how it's gonna be forever! smiley

HellVictorinho:

That's not a definition.
You are just repeating what they say when people ask why good or bad things happen.
They will say there is a spirit behind it
But what is a spirit?
If you say a living thing is a force,then you're being figurative.
So, define spirits instead of being figurative!
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by adaolisa29165: 8:36am On Jan 02, 2021
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by haddeylium(m): 10:34am On Jan 02, 2021
adaolisa29165:

lol.
Soul and Spirit are two different thing.

Genesis 2:7
And Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the[b] breath of life[/b](Spirit), and the man became a living soul.

Note, The Man became a Living Soul after the breathe of Life was breathe into his Nostril. He was not given a Soul.
If the breathe of Life/Spirit which is the life force of that creature goes out, He will become a Deal Soul.

Even Animals are called Souls in the Bible

So, “Spirit” is an invisible force (the spark of life) that animates all living creatures.

Just like how our electronics need electricity (Spirit) to function. The body needs spirit to become a Living Soul.

That answer your question?
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:43am On Jan 02, 2021
Haddeylium!
You fall my hand bro, i've seen the question but waiting for Churchgoers to come and disgrace their TRINITY dogheads. These guys are Atheists setting traps for misinformed Churchgoers so they know what JWs can do but they're not ready to obey anyone they can't see. Since God doesn't come like Boko Haram to threaten them they're saying he doesn't exist but let them go out there and convince people under the influence of spirits to stop worshiping their various gods. After all they want to prove that spirits don't exist! cheesy

haddeylium:

lol.

And Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the[b] breath of life[/b](Spirit), and the man became a living soul.

Note, The Man became a Living Soul after the breathe of Life was breathe into his Nostril. He was not giving a Soul.
If the breathe of Life/Spirit which is the life force of that creature goes out, He will become a [mDeal Soul[m.

So, “Spirit” thus to an invisible force (the spark of life) that animates all living creatures.

Just like how our electronics need electricity (Spirit) to function. The body needs spirit to become a Living Soul.

Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by haddeylium(m): 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Haddeylium!
You fall my hand bro, i've seen the question but waiting for Churchgoers to come and disgrace their TRINITY dogheads. These guys are Atheists setting traps for misinformed Churchgoers so they know what JWs can do but they're not ready to obey anyone they can't see. Since God doesn't come like Boko Haram to threaten them they're saying he doesn't exist but let them go out there and convince people under the influence of spirits to stop worshiping their various gods. After all they want to prove that spirits don't exist! cheesy

Ahhh
Okay...I apologize cheesy grin
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:39pm On Jan 02, 2021
No problem my brother, these Atheists knew very well how efficacious JWs are in handling the word of God but they hypocritically want to hide under the disguise that they don't know the difference. So they will never chat with you once they notice you're one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!
WHY?
Because JEHOVAH'S promise says no matter where they may come, no matter what they've been taught and no matter their educational background when they come in contact with his true servants they will be silenced {Isaiah 54:17} as you will start making them say things they themselves will know sounds stupid! Job 5:13
So once they sense the tone of efficacy in your comments Atheists will ignore your post and flee as if it's a plague! grin

haddeylium:

Ahhh
Okay...I apologize cheesy grin
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 03, 2021
haddeylium:

lol.

Note, The Man became a Living Soul after the breathe of Life was breathe into his Nostril. He was not given a Soul.
If the breathe of Life/Spirit which is the life force of that creature goes out, He will become a Deal Soul.

So, “Spirit” is an invisible force (the spark of life) that animates all living creatures.

According to you,a spirit is not a being.
It is a force that keeps something alive.
In other words,you are saying that living things possess forces.
But we know that living things possess living cells.
We also know that living cells possess chemical substances which are made up of atoms which can neither be created nor destroyed.
According to Physics,a force is exerted but not possessed.
So,why should I believe that living things possess forces??
Are you saying Physics and Biochemistry don't make sense?
Both your religion and science cannot be true.
One has to be false or both are false.
But I can see that science is true.
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by haddeylium(m): 1:29am On Jan 04, 2021
HellVictorinho:

According to you,a spirit is not a being.
It is a force that keeps something alive.
In other words,you are saying that living things possess forces.
But we know that living things possess living cells.
We also know that living cells possess chemical substances which are made up of atoms which can neither be created nor destroyed.
According to Physics,a force is exerted but not possessed.
So,why should I believe that living things possess forces??
Are you saying Physics and Biochemistry don't make sense?
Both your religion and science cannot be true.
One has to be false or both are false.
But I can see that science is true.

Go through it again, but slowly!

The Life force is that 'Spark of life' that energises the Cell and it's sustain by breathing!

When that spark of life in the cell ceases, then, the person is dead!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:03am On Jan 04, 2021
I have known most of this guys on Nairaland for long, when they see you're much more intelligent than them they seem to be silent. Let one of the misinformed churchgoers come in now you'll see posts upon posts from atheists because they can easily ridicule the churches of Christendom! smiley

haddeylium:

The Life force is that 'Spark of life' that energises the Cell and it's sustain by breathing!
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 04, 2021
haddeylium:

What is a spark of life?
You have to define that term unless it is meaningless.
I know that the living cell possesses chemical energy since it possesses chemicals.
But those chemicals only keep the cell alive for a specific time.
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by haddeylium(m): 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2021
HellVictorinho:

What is a spark of life?
You have to define that term unless it is meaningless.
I know that the living cell possesses chemical energy since it possesses chemicals.
But those chemicals only keep the cell alive for a specific time.

I know that's not the response you were expecting for your troll wink

I made it so simple for you to understand. Go through it again.
The chemical energy which end product is ATP It's a product aerobic respiration in Man induced by breathing to sustain the LIFE FORCE in cell.

Scientist can cook chemical energy (ATP) in the lab but cannot create that spark of life. Thus, they cannot create a living cell.They can only sustain it.

The closest illustration that hits me is that 'Spark plug(Life force)' used in Generators'. The fuels(Chemical energy) can only sustain the ignition caused by it. Wave this tho .
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by haddeylium(m): 1:03pm On Jan 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I have known most of this guys on Nairaland for long, when they see you're much more intelligent than them they seem to be silent. Let one of the misinformed churchgoers come in now you'll see posts upon posts from atheists because they can easily ridicule the churches of Christendom! smiley

Oh!
Now, I see why they dodge you cheesy
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2021
haddeylium:

I know that's not the response you were expecting for your troll wink

I made it so simple for you to understand. Go through it again.
The chemical energy which end product is ATP It's a product aerobic respiration in Man induced by breathing to sustain the LIFE FORCE in cell.

Scientist can cook chemical energy (ATP) in the lab but cannot create that spark of life. Thus, they cannot create a living cell.They can only sustain it.

The closest illustration that hits me is that 'Spark plug(Life force)' used in Generators'. The fuels(Chemical energy) can only sustain the ignition caused by it. Wave this tho .

Troll?
Are you not the one that responded to my question?
Besides, I didn't ask you to illustrate anything.
You can't define the so-called life force because it doesn't exist.
Also, chemical energy has no product.
It is not ATP and it cannot be cooked.
Ultimately, the living cell is just alive by chance.
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by haddeylium(m): 1:51pm On Jan 04, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Ultimately, the living cell is just alive by chance.
With the complexity of a single cell
'Chance'- is the WRONG word to use here.

Atleast you know the difference between soul and spirit now.

Thanks for your time!
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2021
haddeylium:

With the complexity of a single cell
'Chance'- is the WRONG word to use here.

Atleast you know the difference between soul and spirit now.

Thanks for your time!
The complexity of the cell doesn't show that spirits or/and God(s) exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2021
The rich man in Jesus' illustration had five brothers it's a great experience escaping from their midst to join Lazarus's group! smiley

haddeylium:

Oh!
Now, I see why they dodge you cheesy
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by haddeylium(m): 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2021
HellVictorinho:

The complexity of the cell doesn't show that spirits or/and God(s) exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly man!
That smartphone you're using is not even to close to being complex compared to a Cell.
But, a reasonable person will know that 'the smartphone' cannot be by chance. It requires an intelligent designer/creator.
Think!
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 04, 2021
haddeylium:

Exactly man!
That smartphone you're using is not even to close to being complex compared to a Cell.
But, a reasonable person will know that 'the smartphonephone' cannot be by chance. It must require an intelligent designer/creator.
Think!
If atoms cannot be created or destroyed,why should you believe that the Earth was created
Since the Earth was not created,why should you believe that the first humans were created??
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by haddeylium(m): 9:10pm On Jan 04, 2021
HellVictorinho:

If atoms cannot be created or destroyed,why should you believe that the Earth was created
Since the Earth was not created,why should you believe that the first humans were created??

Do you mean even a non-living atom cannot be created by chance?
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 04, 2021
haddeylium:

Do you mean even a non-living atom cannot be created by chance?
Chance doesn't create things!!!!!!!!!
Chance is that which shows how something occurs!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder :satan's Secret Weapon Of Destroying Christians / Babalawos Masquerading As Pastors / Did Jesus Collect Tithes? If So, Where In The Bible Did This Happen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.