Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,995 members, 7,952,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:39 AM

Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February (16750 Views)

Lagos' Fourth Mainland Bridge To Be Africa's Second Longest Bridge / Ijora Olopa Bridge To Be Closed Immediately - FG / Second Niger Bridge Now 95% Complete, To Be Opened December 2022 (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by Gop0t: 12:57pm On Jan 02, 2021
This is Refreshing news
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by Shamzo4u: 1:00pm On Jan 02, 2021
Ferry is owned by Government, yet it's expensive. Why?
Why must they make things harder for the masses
It was #800 frm IkD to Ebute and increased to 1k because of lockdown and the price isn't going back as it was even after the whole lockdown.
This Government is not trying for us at all, they only think of schemes to make money, not to alleviate poverty
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by Etana4tech: 1:00pm On Jan 02, 2021
This government are so predictable.

we know they won't open it in January

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by Miracle1991: 1:03pm On Jan 02, 2021
Luckydubby7:
And also push from February to December 2021.
Unreliable government.
at least they work on it. What did your reliable government do through out their tenure.

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by ofiko123(m): 1:06pm On Jan 02, 2021
We hope so...
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by arsenal33: 1:07pm On Jan 02, 2021
Luckydubby7:
And also push from February to December 2021.
Unreliable government.
ingrate spotted
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by arsenal33: 1:08pm On Jan 02, 2021
Shamzo4u:
Ferry is owned by Government, yet it's expensive. Why?
Why must they make things harder for the masses
It was #800 frm IkD to Ebute and increased to 1k because of lockdown and the price isn't going back as it was even after the whole lockdown.
This Government is not trying for us at all, they only think of schemes to make money, not to alleviate poverty
go back to your state and hold your governor to account.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by Luckydubby7(m): 1:08pm On Jan 02, 2021
Miracle1991:
at least they work on it. What did your reliable government do through out their tenure.
What do you mean by my reliable government?
Hope u are not starting this your stupid apc and PDP e-war?

2 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by Miracle1991: 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2021
Luckydubby7:

What do you mean by my reliable government?
Hope u are start your stupid apc and PDP e-war?
do I need to reply you? No no no.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by Shamzo4u: 1:19pm On Jan 02, 2021
arsenal33:
Idiot, I'm a Lagocian... And I'm advocating for an easy life

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by arsenal33: 1:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
Shamzo4u:

Idiot, I'm a Lagocian... And I'm advocating for an easy life
then work harder. I will not call you names
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by Luckydubby7(m): 1:26pm On Jan 02, 2021
arsenal33:
Do you if he or she is from Lagos State?

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by Oracleforce: 1:35pm On Jan 02, 2021
Useless government..
They kept on wasting our time, resources for things that could have been done under 3 months. . ...
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by Isabella199: 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2021
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by fiyinfoluwa29093: 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2021
:And also push from February to December 2021.Unreliable government. at least they work on it. What did your reliable government do through out their tenure.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by AuwalYusuf812(m): 1:54pm On Jan 02, 2021
Oho
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by DrMuzungu(m): 2:04pm On Jan 02, 2021
We know how it works. Present the bill of 1 billion to the senate, pocket 900 million, and give 50 million to the contractors. And what about the remaining 50 million_ Snake ate it!
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by Isiakasalia04: 2:09pm On Jan 02, 2021

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by eveninnewspaper: 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
It's six months already! Indeed, time waits for no man!
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by hustla(m): 2:26pm On Jan 02, 2021
Incompetent morons
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by megawealth01: 2:59pm On Jan 02, 2021
Has anyone passed through third mainland today... Is it partially opened?
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by Adakintroy: 3:30pm On Jan 02, 2021
Make this bridge do open mbok!..I miss am.

I buy this new bike for fairly use for my dispatch God know sayThird mainland go sweet to fire am.

I de wait!
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by eeetuk(m): 3:54pm On Jan 02, 2021
“Lagos State Commissioner for Transportation, Frederic Oladeinde, has said the Third Mainland Bridge would be opened fully to vehicular traffic in February.”

Why does Lagos State continue to receive federal funds to fix its infrastructures and states that provide money for Nigeria to spend have gotten none?

According to my reporting and other sources, the third mainland bridge is 100% funded by the federal government of Nigeria—through oil money generated from South-South states.

Why this question is important:

This evidence points to why militant group like Boko Haram is thriving in the Northern Nigeria, rising increase in vandalism in south-South states, and kidnapping factories in South East.

In South South states—where all the money Nigeria spend is generated from oil sale, roads and bridges are in terrible states. The picture you see below is from oil community in Akwa Ibom State--this picture speaks to the state of deterioration of infrastructures in South-South. Since President Buhari has taken office as the president of Nigeria in 2015, funding federal projects in the state has ceased. Contrast this to states from South-West, all Northern States and South East which provide no money to the federal treasury and are receiving all the federal funding for their infrastructure’s enhancement. This is unfair.

Nigerian government under President Buhari has ceased to function for all Nigerians.

Buhari’ presidency has continued to stoke fears, traffic hate and divisions among Nigerians in ways never seen before.

So, I am writing to call on all well meaningful Nigerians to call on President Buhari to resign as soon as possible. President Buhari resignation will pave way for unbiased leadership to take over the country and run for the benefits of all Nigerians.

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by Bluntemperor: 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2021
toskine:
Why delaying on this repair works now, can't we set a timeline and meet up for just once now, the hardship we are experiencing going to work this day is too much oo

Attention Governor Sanwo-Olu:
We know by the time all these projects are completed,Lagosians will celebrate.
Let's face the fact,the stress the people of Lagos are facing on these works here is becoming unbearable!
The Lagos State Governor- Mr Sanwo-Olu should help to call the Contractor on the Ojota- Mile12 Repairs work to order as they displayed uncare attitudes.They are too slow.In fact,Julius Berger will not take all these months to complete less than 2- KM works ,if it is in Germany, as they would do it day and night! Worst is they do the main road,leave the Services road undone and in some parts fail to touch some,but why? The man hours being wasted on daily basis between Ojota and Mile12 is dangerously high! Where are the govt Officials,performing their Supervisory role?
Another area of note is the Arab-Contractors handling the Itamaga- IJEDE Road.This is one of the best thing the people of this Area are rejoicing over,since it will have a link to the Proposed 4th-Mainland- Bridge.But passing over the little constructed kilometers,you observed the followings missing link:
- Why are the Contractor using Inter-lockings on the road instead of real Concrete-Cement? Which of these will be more enduring- inter-lockings or Concrete Cement,as we all know that Asphalt is no longer in vogue.Can inter-lockings road endure the heavy traffic this area would witness shortly?
- Why have they not earmarked Street- Lights portion as their is no indication to that effect?
- Most of the Erosion-Path-Ways here are compromised and you can't just imagine this!
-Omitoro has a Hilly terrain,which by standards should have a Twin- Bridge, at Omitoro- valley like that of Mile12, at least but Mr Governor,this is conspicuously missing,why?
Are there no Lagos State Department for Road Construction Projects, moving about to monitor and Supervise-by correcting these obvious mistakes or errors before too late?
Mr Governor Sir,you may need to go and see some of these Projects yourself during the day and night without Protocols, to fulfill you success stories in Lagos State.
Happy New Year.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by Coinbased: 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2021
Oh
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Opened February by Latvin: 10:37pm On Jan 02, 2021
eeetuk:
“Lagos State Commissioner for Transportation, Frederic Oladeinde, has said the Third Mainland Bridge would be opened fully to vehicular traffic in February.”

Why does Lagos State continue to receive federal funds to fix its infrastructures and states that provide money for Nigeria to spend have gotten none?

According to my reporting and other sources, the third mainland bridge is 100% funded by the federal government of Nigeria—through oil money generated from South-South states.

Why this question is important:

This evidence points to why militant group like Boko Haram is thriving in the Northern Nigeria, rising increase in vandalism in south-South states, and kidnapping factories in South East.

In South South states—where all the money Nigeria spend is generated from oil sale, roads and bridges are in terrible states. The picture you see below is from oil community in Akwa Ibom State--this picture speaks to the state of deterioration of infrastructures in South-South. Since President Buhari has taken office as the president of Nigeria in 2015, funding federal projects in the state has ceased. Contrast this to states from South-West, all Northern States and South East which provide no money to the federal treasury and are receiving all the federal funding for their infrastructure’s enhancement. This is unfair.

Nigerian government under President Buhari has ceased to function for all Nigerians.

Buhari’ presidency has continued to stoke fears, traffic hate and divisions among Nigerians in ways never seen before.

So, I am writing to call on all well meaningful Nigerians to call on President Buhari to resign as soon as possible. President Buhari resignation will pave way for unbiased leadership to take over the country and run for the benefits of all Nigerians.

Get the facts right.

South-South receives its fair share of infrastructure. Recently, Buhari paid Rivers State Govt N78bln for infrastructure that was done on FG's behalf. The East- West Road though with slow progres, is getting attention. The Bonny-Bodo road (similar to an extent to third mainland bridge) which has been left undone previously is now nearing completion. Enugu - PHC expressway is being fixed.

There are many interventionist agencies such as NDDC and Ministry of Niger Delta also developing various areas. The rail project between Lagos and Calabar will pass through most of the SS states.

You can do some research to verify above and more.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Seats Layout In An Airline? / Groups Of People You Encounter In A Public Transport / 2 Dead, 8 Injured In An Accident Along Akure-owo Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.