Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? (556 Views)

When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? / More On Giving Alms To The Needy / Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by Curious345: 11:24am On Jan 02, 2021
I am worried about this .
Because of what the imams preach in the mosques. They call us all sorts of names and even tell these same beggers that all christains may go to hell..

So i ask , is it ethical to give alms to these same people who seek your destruction ?
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by Odewaleadesoye(m): 11:25am On Jan 02, 2021

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by Baawaa(m): 11:26am On Jan 02, 2021
Yes,but with caution,because of the yahoo beggars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by pharmagba: 11:28am On Jan 02, 2021
1- biblically yes!
2- infact 99% are Muslims from northern extraction
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by Odewaleadesoye(m): 11:31am On Jan 02, 2021

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by TooMuchStuff: 11:35am On Jan 02, 2021
Yes.
Giving itself is virtue that attracts it's own blessings from God irrespective of whoever is the recipient.....but With the right Motive of humility and selflessness!

The Muslims themselves are not exposed to eternal life of the Kingdom of Christ with its spirituality. They are carnally minded in all things.
So even if they use it to by sword and other purposes, it's not your fault.
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 11:41am On Jan 02, 2021
Religion and madness...lol

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by etrouble: 11:41am On Jan 02, 2021
Curious345:
Because of what the imams preach in the mosques. They call us all sorts of names and even tell these same beggers that all christains may go to hell..

So i ask , is it ethical to give alms to these same people who seek your destruction ?

This one is suffering from mental imbalance. Muslim beggers ko, Athiest beggers ni. When next you see a begger, ask him/her for his/her religion.

1 Like

Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by Luckydubby7(m): 11:42am On Jan 02, 2021
What's Christian, what's Muslim?
Are they not your fellow human beings?
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by Odewaleadesoye(m): 11:43am On Jan 02, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 02, 2021
If you see them first as humans and relegate the religion to the back, then your conscience will guide you right.

Forget what the clerics thinks, just render your little help to the poor.

But if you are yet to transcend the bound of religion then I will strongly suggest you give alms to "to those of the same household of faith". For it is better to give cheerfully and not grudgingly, for God loves a cheerful giver.

On another note, tithe is also meant for the poor. If you have no sherperd that prays and helps you with spiritual matters, then giving to the poor is another way of paying your tithe. If your pastor or imam is not making a direct impact on your life as a person, then paying tithe to such a one is an investment that will not really yield the needed fruit.
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by parkervero(m): 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2021
Curious345:

Don't mind muslims and islam. Islam breeds violence. I have heard them on loud speakers in their early morning prayers insulting Christians. Oh! I have heard them on different occasions calling Christians all manners of name. If we said all Muslims are terrorists they will begin by saying, no, we are not.

Coming to the topic. Our Lord Jesus Christ didn't teach us to withhold help for whoever that needs our help. He didn't teach us to hate non-christians. His teachings centered on salvation and love.

So, help those who need your help irrespective of their religion.

You might not see Muslims helping Christian(s) but should not deter you from helping them.
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by parkervero(m): 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2021
Luckydubby7:
What's Christian, what's Muslim?
Are they not your fellow human beings?

Muslims don't see it that way.
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by Afamed: 12:19pm On Jan 02, 2021
Curious345:

Don't forget to also ask for Christains Drivers/ Pilots/ Drs when ever you need their services. Schmuck

1 Like

Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by parkervero(m): 12:42pm On Jan 02, 2021
Afamed:

Don't forget to also ask for Christains Drivers/ Pilots/ Drs when ever you need their services. Schmuck

What come after a service is rendered? Don't tell me the driver will not bill him neither will the doctor?
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:29pm On Jan 02, 2021
parkervero:

Don't mind muslims and islam. Islam breeds violence. I have heard them on loud speakers in their early morning prayers insulting Christians. Oh! I have heard them on different occasions calling Christians all manners of name. If we said all Muslims are terrorists they will begin by saying, no, we are not.

Coming to the topic. Our Lord Jesus Christ didn't teach us to withhold help for whoever that needs our help. He didn't teach us to hate non-christians. His teachings centered on salvation and love.

So, help those who need your help irrespective of their religion.

You might not see Muslims helping Christian(s) but should not deter you from helping.
Really undecided, because I'm not Muslim but I've only heard such insults coming from churches.
You need your zombie jesus to tell you to give before you can think of giving
If this should be an issue of debate then you guys have serious issues.
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:38pm On Jan 02, 2021
The problem most people have is their refusal to learn the truth from the real disciples of Jesus!

I once told a colleague of my "you are a nice and kind-hearted woman but you're not a Christian" she cried throughout that day! embarassed

WHY? undecided

Because i said so with all seriousness and from a sincere heart, this woman have notified how i used to discuss with fellow workers and quoting the scriptures with efficacy to back what i say.
We never had a one on one discussion until that faithful day when she patiently listened to what i was saying before about 20 workers who were carried away with my preaching on how to treat a tyrant. She later approached me privately and asked about her husband who used to behave somehow even though both of them were claiming born again.
I made the above statement and she kept pestering me to revert the statement but she burst into tears when i said "Would you prefer if i had told you a lie? You are a nice and kind-hearted woman but you're not a Christian " undecided

The truth is most people thought when they're nice and kind-hearted it means they're already Christians even born again, but that's not the case. Christianity comes with learning and developing the mindset of a young first century Jewish carpenter called Jesus of Nazareth!

This man never gave a dime to any beggar neither did any of his followers, so i wonder where people got the idea that it's Christlike giving beggars money! undecided
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by idid: 3:53pm On Jan 02, 2021
Seriously, many of you Christian folks here are foolish and ignorant.

I know that folks who grow up in modern Lagos or Abuja will not reason like this. It is pathetic, if you want to give, give. If you give because someone is Christian or Muslim, you shall rot in hell.

Use your brain to think for yourself, if Alhaji Aliko Dangote or BUA comes to give you financial support, will you reject it because they are Muslims.

Honestly, all this stupid and ignorant kind of thinking is causing more problem and division than the so called extremists.

You should rot in hell

Onyeoshi
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by parkervero(m): 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

Really undecided, because I'm not Muslim but I've only heard such insults coming from churches.
You need your zombie jesus to tell you to give before you can think of giving
If this should be an issue of debate then you guys have serious issues.

Have you ever heard a preacher from a church who specifically hurl insult on Muslims by mentioning them just like Muslims do mention?

Be sincere in your answer and give a specific reference to what that preacher said.

There is no need to ask or consult Jesus before any Christian can consider giving or rendering help. We have been taught to help with no reproach following it.
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Jan 02, 2021
Curious345:

First question, did Jesus Christ tell you that the background of the one you help (apart from financial status) matters?

As for those your neighbours(including your enemies) you are meant to give to, did Jesus Christ suggest it matters what god they believe in?
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 5:45pm On Jan 02, 2021
parkervero:

Have you ever heard a preacher from a church who specifically hurl insult on Muslims by mentioning them just like Muslims do mention?

Be sincere in your answer and give a specific reference to what that preacher said.

There is no need to ask or consult Jesus before any Christian can consider giving or rendering help. We have been taught to help with no reproach following it.
I've heard times without count,all manners of virtuperations from your churches against Muslims, traditional worshippers and even to fellow xtian denominations like Catholics.
From your churches to online,you guys are number one in this regards...this shouldn't be an argument sad.
Of course you don't need to consult Jesus, that's being a human. Even animals can posses empathy.
There's everything wrong about someone creating a thread on wether he should help the poor not belonging to his faith.
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by parkervero(m): 7:38pm On Jan 02, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

I've heard times without count,all manners of virtuperations from your churches against Muslims, traditional worshippers and even to fellow xtian denominations like Catholics.
From your churches to online,you guys are number one in this regards...this shouldn't be an argument sad.
Of course you don't need to consult Jesus, that's being a human. Even animals can posses empathy.
There's everything wrong about someone creating a thread on wether he should help the poor not belonging to his faith.

Give me some abusive or derogatory (or vituperative) words made against Muslims and traditional worshippers other than if you don't give your life to Jesus Christ you're going to hell.

The insulting words made against Christians by those imams are perfectly inline with Islamic injunctions. There are many instances in the quran and hadith where Christians and Jews were specifically targeted. All in all, the actions of those imams and ustaz are islamically justifiable.

Let me ignore other thing you said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:07pm On Jan 02, 2021
parkervero:

Give me some abusive or derogatory (or vituperative) words made against Muslims and traditional worshippers other than if you don't give your life to Jesus Christ you're going to hell.

The insulting words made against Christians by those imams are perfectly inline with Islamic injunctions. There are many instances in the quran and hadith where Christians and Jews were specifically targeted. All in all, the actions of those imams and ustaz are islamically justifiable.

Let me ignore other thing you said.
You're being a barefaced liar because it's plain for everyone to see even here online how you curse and wish death on Muslims with all manners of hate speeches.
I won't be surprised if the Qur'an makes insultive words on Jews and christains.Didn't your new testament also disparage it's predecessors Referring to then as snakes,brood of vipers,minions of the devil,Satan's synagogue's and so forth undecided
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by parkervero(m): 8:25pm On Jan 02, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

You're being a barefaced liar because it's plain for everyone to see even here online how you curse and wish death on Muslims with all manners of hate speeches.
Why do you think this is happening? Be truthful in your response to this question.

I won't be surprised if the Qur'an makes insultive words on Jews and christains. Didn't your new testament also disparage it's predecessors Referring to then as snakes,brood of vipers,minions of the devil,Satan's synagogue's and so forth undecided

@bold Here we go again.

I remember some tafsr saying if war is wage against muslims and islam, muslims should attack back or fight back and kill 'em all. But these days it is Islam that's waging war against Christians and humanity. And if non-muslims insult their mummified prophet laid in medina you gonna say they are blaspheming.

Brother may the peace of God through Christ Jesus be with you. Peace out!

1 Like

Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by Kobojunkie: 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2021
parkervero:

Why do you think this is happening? Be truthful in your response to this question.

@bold Here we go again.

I remember some tafsr saying if war is wage against muslims and islam, muslims should attack back or fight back and kill 'em all. But these days it is Islam that's waging war against Christians and humanity. And if non-muslims insult their mummified prophet laid in medina you gonna say they are blaspheming.

Jesus Christ never sent you out to wage war with anyone. He never sent even your so-called pastors to preach against Islam or any other religion or idea out there.

Instead He commanded that you love your neighbor (including your enemies) even as you love your own self, and that you abide in Him so tha He can abide in you. If you refuse to obey His very own commandments, choosing instead to attack those who you feel attacked by(your enemies that you commanded you to love and treat even better than you do others), how can you claim to belong to Jesus Christ?
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2021
Curious345:

You can give alm to anybody even an unbeliever, that is what makes you a Christian, you have to love all, even sinners too.
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by tobechi74: 11:08pm On Jan 02, 2021
Muslim beggers need mental education more
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by DiscipleFaith: 12:27am On Jan 03, 2021
Of course, we are supposed to love everyone. Even our enemies.
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:57am On Jan 03, 2021
The four letter word LOVE need to be substantiated otherwise most people will unknowingly destroy their fellowman thinking they love him! smiley

There is no love in giving money to a beggar! undecided

Though most people will frown at this but it's the truth. What do you think Dangote or Otedola will do when he signt a beggar on the highway begging? Hmmmmm! smiley
Most of you will say "if i were him i'll give the beggar enough money to stop begging" right? smiley
Well that's where the problems in our society generated from! undecided

What a Christian will do is to look critically at the system and work out what will make life meaningful to each and every citizen. In that way nobody will be found begging in our streets neither will anyone think of robbing his neighbour because everyone is living fine. But when you enrich a beggar in the midst of millions that's in need then you're automatically saying he also should go and do the same out there. Since you choose whom to help he also will choose whom to help, he may decide to start spending his money on prostitutes saying "i'm helping them" that's why most of our young girls have become prostitutes. But if the system is what the rich in our society worked on to restructure there will be no beggars on our streets!

May you have PEACE! smiley

DiscipleFaith:

Of course, we are supposed to love everyone. Even our enemies.
Re: Can A Christain Give Alms To Muslim Beggers? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 11:08pm On Jan 03, 2021
parkervero:

@bold Here we go again.

What are you now typing undecided
The simply argument we were having here is on wether you guys make virtuperations against Muslims, something you denied? Is that a Yes or No? Stop your drifting.

(1) (Reply)

Without The Books / Jehovah And Allah Are In Trouble / ‎

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.