Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,008 members, 7,956,729 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:35 PM

How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? (5198 Views)

Hundreds Queue To See The Former Libyan Leader lying Dead In Cold Storage / Nigerian Politicians Urge Government To Withdraw Recognition Of Libyan Rebels / Libyan Rebels Are Killing Black Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by 2muchlogic(m): 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2011
Speaking at the international conference on Libya in London (Tue 29th March 2011 )  the US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said that allied air strikes would go on in Libya until Moamer Kadhafi:

1. met UN terms
2. stopped attacking civilians and
3. allowed in humanitarian aid.

This is really serious because i do not see Moamer Kadhafi yeilding to these demands, where do you think it will end?
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by snowdrops(m): 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2011
Gaddafi would eventually be ousted. The so called rebels are a disorganised bunch and know little of leadership. The offshoot from the old regime would put up strong resistance and mount guerrilla attacks seriously disrupting the new administration and put the country to the brink of civil war.

Libya is made of several tribes who hold various allegiances. Ethnic cleansing may occur in some regions. There might be a serious humanitarian crisis with refugee fleeing conflict zones.

Meanwhile the west would scramble to secure oil deals from the new government and pay lip service to the disaster they had created. They would be very reluctant to send in ground troops viz. Iraq and Afghanistan.

Eventually various peace treaties would be held and they may settle for a coalition government with elements from the Gaddafi regime and the rebels.
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by scottN(m): 4:30pm On Mar 29, 2011
This will just play out like the Invasion of Iraq!
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 29, 2011
Who knows @ topic.
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by MandingoII(m): 5:50pm On Mar 29, 2011
LOL are you kidding?

Libya will become a Western COLONY like Iraq.

Have you noticed, YOU DO NOT HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT IRAQ anymore?

You know why?

Because the U.S and European countries are funnelling that OIL out of Iraq and put down the Insurgents. They gave up.

Why?
Because their neighborhoods are bombed out/ no lights , no drinking water, sewage everywhere, and just plain unlivable conditions. THIS is whats going to happen to Libya.

Libya has one of the higher standards of living for an African Country. NOT ANYMORE. They will become SLAVES to the Western Corporations and immediately take a MAJOR pay cut!

They will become poorer THAN poor, its fugged up what the GREEDY CAPITALISTS DOES for WEALTH.
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2011
well, prepare to see a lot of libyans in america then.

when the going gets tough, the people come to america.

new generation of half libyan half american babies, etc etc.

nothing to worry about.

one love.
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by 2muchlogic(m): 11:06pm On Mar 29, 2011
snowdrops:

Gaddafi would eventually be ousted.

before you move beyond this point, I would like to ask how? because the west are reluctant to put troops on the ground and the so called "rag-tag" army are no match for Gaddafi's well trained private army. Could this whole episode have been a mis-calculation on the part of the west?
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by 2muchlogic(m): 11:09pm On Mar 29, 2011
MandingoII:

LOL are you kidding?

So you think iraq is a foregone conclusion? Has it not made Iran more powerful in the region? remember the majority (around 75%) of Iraqis are shia and Iran is the center of shia power.
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by MandingoII(m): 11:25pm On Mar 29, 2011
Iran have a MAJOR heroin and opium problem.

No doubt the Western government is shipping these opiates into the country to anestizie the youung people.
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by 2muchlogic(m): 11:33pm On Mar 29, 2011
MandingoII:

No doubt the Western government is shipping these opiates into the country to anestizie the youung people.

okay! hmmm so the cyber virus attacks and the old opium is being put to good effect, thanks for that point. I thought Gaddafi and hos son were being cynical when they said most of the youths in Benghazi were high grin grin grin grin
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by 2muchlogic(m): 11:35pm On Mar 29, 2011
tpiah!:

nothing to worry about.

one love.

ha! ha! so in 50 years time we'll hear and the new president of the U.S.A Abdul Salim Al-Detroit LOL!
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by snowdrops(m): 11:39pm On Mar 29, 2011
MandingoII:

Do you mean Iran of Afghanistan?
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by eghost247(m): 10:36am On Mar 30, 2011
Tough one really know one knows just have to see
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by babaowo: 10:58am On Mar 30, 2011
2012 is real, be prepare fellows
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by dandollar1: 10:59am On Mar 30, 2011
IRAN will be the major benefactor of the crises rocking the middle east.they are the instigator of the crises anyway.their type of 'democracy'(radical islam) will be the outcome of these crises in these countries.watch out.
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by Busols757: 11:00am On Mar 30, 2011
PHCN palava again!!
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 30, 2011
what did nostradamus say about ww3
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by LoveKing(m): 11:20am On Mar 30, 2011
aguiyi:

what did nostradamus say about ww3

After the Uprising in Libya, Egypt, Tunisia, and some Middle East Countries, will come the big one,Syria, Iran and thereafter North Korea then you'll know the WW3 is around the corner.
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 30, 2011
ok, are our security apparatus prepared for the immenent danger that the happenings around us portend?
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by elcij(m): 11:28am On Mar 30, 2011
2muchlogic:

Speaking at the international conference on Libya in London (Tue 29th March 2011 )  the US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said that allied air strikes would go on in Libya until Moamer Kadhafi:

1. met UN terms
2. stopped attacking civilians and
3. allowed in humanitarian aid.

This is really serious because i do not see Moamer Kadhafi yeilding to these demands, where do you think it will end?

It will end with Ghaddafi killed like a a stray dog, not even with the semi-decency Saddam got, pretty quickly I think. Its either the rebels get him or one of his own inner circle get him first,
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by PETER2020: 11:30am On Mar 30, 2011
OIL BOTTOM AS THEY ARE ALREADY STEALING WITH THEIR SHIPS.

, WHO IS DECEIVING WHO?, ME ? YOU'V NOT STARTED.
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 30, 2011
The West through their media and Al-Jazeera have deceived the world about Libya to justify another War. I want Gaddafi to go just like every Libyan who deserves freedom but what is currently happening is the divide and rule method the West always adopt to destroy any nation whose leaders don't yield to their call.

The UN should stop taking sides in this conflict and we may be nearing it's end

Gaddafi should be pressured to allow  Libya have a constitution that is democratic

The UN needs to know that there are still many Libyans who support this guy Gaddafi and there is no justification on both sides to kill (Pro and Anti Gaddafi).  what the UN is doing now is even worse in my opinion.  Holly Near  asked "Why do we kill people who are killing people to show that killing people is wrong?"  And just like Gandhi said " Liberty and democracy become unholy when their hands are dyed red with innocent blood."

All we have seen in the last 10 days is different from the UN resolution supported by the 10 nations including Nigeria but West's obsession to oust Gaddafi. Imagine deciding the future of Libya in London without Libyans in attendance. Just this morning Obama is considering arming the rebels but we saw that when Gaddafi's forces ceased fire in eastern Libya in the last to days rebels opened fire and took control of many cities. That is okay by the UN but once Gaddafi men open fire the UN are quick to say that have broken the resolution by not ceasing fire.  

The UN, Pro and Anti - Gaddafi forces should remember that "To kill a man is not to defend a doctrine, but to kill a man." - Michael Servetus
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by habayommy: 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2011
tpiah!:

when the going gets tough, the people come to america.

nothing to worry about.

one love.
cheesy grin shocked grin
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by justlook: 1:01pm On Mar 30, 2011
the greed of d western world is greatly disuniting the global village! it marvel me to know that the so called United Nations (UN) never taught of making PEACE in Ivory Coast because of the non-availability of abundant mineral resources that will benefir the western world.

Currently, there is disintegration & genocide going on in Ivory Coast but is yet to catch the UN attention because of their selfish interest,

Africa should shun this western alien & imbibe a system of Govt that promotes unity, fairness & equity.
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by Bawss1(m): 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2011
MandingoII:

LOL are you kidding?

Have you noticed, YOU DO NOT HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT IRAQ anymore?

You know why?

Because the U.S and European countries are funnelling that OIL out of Iraq and put down the Insurgents. They gave up.

Why?
Because their neighborhoods are bombed out/ no lights , no drinking water, sewage everywhere, and just plain unlivable conditions. THIS is whats going to happen to Libya.

Libya has one of the higher standards of living for an African Country. NOT ANYMORE. They will become SLAVES to the Western Corporations and immediately take a MAJOR pay cut!

They will become poorer THAN poor, its fugged up what the GREEDY CAPITALISTS DOES for WEALTH.

What kind of analysis is this, Mr. Doomsday Prophet. Here you have given full reign to your anti western fantasy. Isn't it even good that Iraq is no longer in the news as it used to be, let them try to rebuild their country without any any reports of violence or conflict. I'm curious to know what prompts these kinds of statements. Yes the West (i.e USA) did a bad job in Iraq but should people sit back and watch as Ghadaffi continue his tyrannical rule of Libya? Would you rather that he continues to kill citizens of Libya?
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by presido1: 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2011
Just as am about to say that " Africans are African worst enermy" The post above came in.
SMH
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by phantom23: 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2011
'Are,nt there any good lawyers out there , ,, who would take Obama,Sarcozy, and Cameron to court , for taking part in Illegaly suppling arms to armed rebels planning to murder and overthrow a government.'

So in my humble opinion It's perfectly fine for Iran to give arms to Hezbollah and Taliban.

'so the next step for the coalition army is to destroy Al-Qaeda in Libya, That means the coalition army are justified to kill anyone and everyone in Libya coz the target is either Pro-Gaddafi army or Al-Qaeda militants with the rebels, WOW, Clever Move UN !!!!!!!'

A single man is holding the whole world to ransom. Causing world leaders to stumble and fall out of favour with their own people.
in my opinion again , that man must be a HERO. well clearly they are making Ghaddafi a hero (even offered him assylum in UK)

Ok the coalition army wants to supply sophisticated weapons to the rebels. These men are untrained. Question is who trains them? Another extension of UN resolution to allow ground troops in Libya.

These guys are so dumb that they cant see that alot of opportunist (extremist) are not only watching but also involved in this.

Head or Tail, the end would not be nice.

If Cameron, Sarkozy and O-bom-ba had said their mission was to kill Ghaddafi, At least they would get some unwavering support come what may, but now You plan to arm rebels (civilians), provide them with air cover, train them as well, in order to kill Ghaddafi including all his supporters (military and civilian), while the UN resolution was to protect civilians. It doesn't make sense. this is clearly beyond defending Libyans from 'a man who wants to kill his own people'

I am loving this

Sounds Like the movie WWIII trailer.

[Joke of the day from sky news online]
'Before Obama starts sorting out other peoples messes he wants to start sorting out his own. Like where his birth certificate is'
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by norrisman: 2:48pm On Mar 30, 2011
Bawss1:

What kind of analysis is this, Mr. Doomsday Prophet. Here you have given full reign to your anti western fantasy. Isn't it even good that Iraq is no longer in the news as it used to be, let them try to rebuild their country without any any reports of violence or conflict. I'm curious to know what prompts these kinds of statements. Yes the West (i.e USA) did a bad job in Iraq but should people sit back and watch as Ghadaffi continue his tyrannical rule of Libya? Would you rather that he continues to kill citizens of Libya?

How many tyrannical rulers are there in Africa and the middle east? The following 'leaders' have been in power for over 20 years each but it is all good with the west as long as thier interest are served or there is nothing at stake for them. Biya in Cameroun, Campaore in Burkina Faso, Museveni in Uganda, Mugabe in Zimbabwe and all those middle eastern dictators who pose as kings.

I loved the revolutions that took place in Tunisia and Egypt. I was watching closely and was expecting the same to happen in Libya. I personally hate any one person to be the leader of a country for more than 10 years. In Egypt, the United States didnt want Mubarak to go as he was their strongest ally (apart fro Israel of course) in the middle east. Why wasnt the US worried about the rights of the Egyptians?. If it wasnt the case that the Egyptian Army is a very disciplined outfit, there would have been large scale killings of real civillians in Egypt and I can bet the US would have done nothing. For however long it took in Egypt and Tunisia, the demostrations remained largely peaceful.

The major demonstrations we have seen across the arab world all have one thing in common, they all started and had their major focal points remain in the capital cities of the respective countries. In Libya however, the demonstrations started in Bengahzi, a city at the other end of the country and so so far from the capital. Within a couple of days the demonstartions had turned to a full scale armed insurrection complete with flags and rebels able to fly jet fighters! Like I said earlier, I was anxiously waiting for the people of Libya to topple Gaddafi but the events in Libya bear no resemblance to a true revolution like was witnessed in Egypt and Tunisia.

Even after the 'demonstrators' against Gaddafi took up arms, I still wanted them to topple Gaddafi but since the US errmmm sorry meant to say the UN intervened, I hope Gaddafi prevails! Dont critisize me just yet please. I hate the man with a passion, what right does anyone have to lead a country for 42 years?! but my reasons are listed below;

1 The war in Libya is not Gaddafi v Rebels, it is Gaddafi v US, UK, France and many other imperialists.
2 Many of you must have seen the video of Gbagbo's soldiers shooting on women demonstrators in Cote D'Ivore and killing a good number of them. where is the UN?
3 The crisis in Yemen have been going on longer than that in Libya with a good number of civillians killed. recently 50 civillians were killed at just one rally, where is the UN? President Saleh is also a key man for them in the region.
4 The imperial west tell us bold faced lies about protecting civillians in Libya everyday when It is obvious to even a retarded 5 year old that they are providing air cover for the rebels. If it is illegal for Gaddafi's soldiers to fight against 'civillians' who have taken up arms, why is ok for Israel to kill Palestinians who have taken up arms? After all the Palestinians are also fighting for a just cause, a country of their own. When Israel kills Palestinians, the Americans say a country has the right to protect itself, why is this right denied to Gaddafi? If  a bunch of guys in Ohio who are not happy with the Obama administration took up arms and started to fight their way to DC, will they not be put down?

I hope this adventure by the west fails and when it does, I hope a true revolution and not a sponsored war by imperialists eventually topples the Gaddafi administration.
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by phantom23: 3:01pm On Mar 30, 2011
@Norrisman.
Spot on:
I love you.
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by cap28: 3:42pm On Mar 30, 2011
@norrisman very well said
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by dayokanu(m): 4:07pm On Mar 30, 2011
I really cant say
Re: How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? by OWOLAYEMO: 5:24pm On Mar 30, 2011
This is the tragedy of our time. It is unfortunate that the West are into full time re-colonization of African by orchestrating wars and disturbance in sovereign states. It is now a common practice to ride on the back of popular uprising to topple sitting governments all in the name of Rule of Law.Shamelessly, they incites citizens against their leaders at the slightest provocation.

In the process, all the goodness and resources in the land are shyphoned away and shared among the west in proportion to their contribution to "the change process".

In the last 90 days, over 6 civil wars have been orchestrated in Africa and the Gulf states and more $200b worth of oil and other natural benefits have been "re-assigned" among the West.

In ammunition and logistic suplies alone,some western countries have increased their export receipts by over $50b without correspondence imports from these warring states. In Ivory coast alone,Logistics for Coffee export is in excess of $4billion to donor states in the form of futures and option lock-ins.

It is an open secrets that most of the wars ravaging Africa are commercial wars with benefits and returns duly analysed before the commencement of uprisings. This is no leftist campaign but in Libya, America government has refused to bankrolled the war alone cos of its commercial implications.

It may interest you to note that the Brits recently signed lucrative oil deals with LYBIA and would in no distant time most likely engaged the rebels in negotiation new oil acreages. The moral question the Brits needs to answer is are they ready to cancel the contract with the "illegal government" of Qaddafi now that "savior are in the horizon? They dont care once their bread is buttered.

It is a known fact that African leaders are selfish and sit-tighters but the rate at which the West in debauching African states to replenish their over-stressed economies is shameless. They are so blatant at the act that they are ready to take-on any government brazenly without shame.

This is exactly what they did during the slavery trade era -entering into villages using locals, in daylight capturing their able bodies as slaves without blinking an eye. In today's parlance, they only ride on the back of popular uprising to formentand perpetuate illegalities.

Dont get me wrong, Iam a strong and staunch advocate of good and responsible government but the rate of western imposition is alarming , Africa and her leaders must watch out and checkmate these gate-crashing .

The supposed break up of Nigeria is a western ideal, it may sound impossible NOW but don't rule it out. These rogues are capable of doing anything and the manner and mode of our leadership would only made it a plausible alternative by the time they strike. Let us ALL watch out.

God Bless Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shocking Video: Michelle Obama(first Lady) Is A Man / Swazi Minister Resigns Over Queen Affair Scandal / King Of Swaziland Chooses Wife, Publicly Tests Girls’ Virginity Dance Naked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.