Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? (892 Views)

UCL Last 16 Draw: Who Can Make It To The Next Round Of UCL? / PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final / Ronaldo Returned To The Bernabeu To Watch Madrid Beat Barcelona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by obembet(f): 6:22pm On Jan 02, 2021
[b]Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino?/b]

Paris Saint-Germain have officially announced that Mauricio Pochettino is their new coach following the dismissal of Thomas Tuchel

Tuchel was on the PSG bench for two-and-a-half years, and although he won two successive Ligue 1 titles, as well as the Coupe de France and Coupe de la Ligue in his last season in Paris, the club were beaten by Bayern Munich in the 2020 Champions League final and they currently sit third in the French top flight this season.

As a result, Pochettino ends a short period out of work since leaving Tottenham in November 2019. Though he was linked with many top jobs in Europe including Real Madrid, Manchester United, and Juventus, while PSG also scouted him out in the summer.

Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino?

Source: https://twitter.com/PSG_English/status/1345393722389909510?s=20

Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44

Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
shocked

He's a good coach, I know he will succeed there.
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by obembet(f): 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

He's a good coach, I know he will succeed there.

PSG replaced a manager who lost a champion league final with another manager who lost a champion league final

Lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
obembet:

PSG replaced a manager who lost a champion league final with another manager who lost a champion league final

Lalasticlala
Tuchel was given all the resources needed to succeed but, the reverse is the case to talk more of Pochettino who wasn't given all the resources needed and he prove a point not minding that he never brought back the trophy.

I think it's a mean fit for Pochettino to go for 2 seasons without adding any player to his squad and he still maintain top 4 spot in the league table.
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by haiti007(m): 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2021
Thank God. They have been playing under 2.5 since some weeks back, I hope Pochettino will revive their scoring form
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by Beverlyjean(f): 7:04pm On Jan 02, 2021
They will still remain where they are... champions league will still b elusive unfortunately
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by paulolee(m): 8:59am On Jan 03, 2021
i think PSG were a stronger team under tuchel than this pochetino but the board knows better...
even with neyma and di maria, PSG CNT win in spain, thier best shot is
getting a nice result dis evening and also try to score goals because
barca defense is weak..
barca and PSG qualifying for next round depends on tonight results, if
barca cnt get a win here, its all over because they cnt do so in paris..
the barca I used to know always plays first leg away n finish the work at home unlike this struggling barca.
the only hope for us is dt neyma n di Maria are injured...but barca
would always have an edge because of a certain Lionel messi..
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by obembet(f): 11:42am On Jan 03, 2021
mynd44 boss help us to fp
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by paulolee(m): 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
Tuchel was given all the resources needed to succeed but, the reverse is the case to talk more of Pochettino who wasn't given all the resources needed and he prove a point not minding that he never brought back the trophy.

I think it's a mean fit for Pochettino to go for 2 seasons without adding any player to his squad and he still maintain top 4 spot in the league table.
jus relax let's wait and see poch doing wonders with PSG, peps thinks its that easy winning games easily in teams like PSG, Bayern and juve because they are regular winners of their league..
juve once sacked allegri dt won all italian trophies bcoz of UCL and even sari couldn't do a double dt allegri won easily and that would be the case of pirlo n even this poch, they may even end up not winning the "easy league title" because other teams have stepped up..
the point is these big clubs should allow coaches build a strong foundation before sacking them after 2-3 sessons all because of UCL that they won't still win....teams like Bayern, barca n madrid aint built dt same way..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by AgainstIslam(f): 12:24pm On Jan 03, 2021
Too early to judge!
A lot of things can happen between now and February. So, let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by AgainstIslam(f): 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2021
paulolee:
PSG remanins a stronger favorites under tuchel than this pochetino but the board knows better...
this big fixture would be more about both teams form, list of injury and who needs it the most..
I don't see PSG dumping barca except if messi gets injured because even with neyma n mbappe, barca would knock them out with experience but it depends on their form before that game because I no trust this barca again n even messi self don tire 4 them..
Are you talking about this iteration of Barca or another?
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by internationalman(m): 2:08pm On Jan 03, 2021
A total waste of money.

What difference there in between the successor and the predecessor
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by Newman20(m): 5:47pm On Jan 03, 2021
Op, as it is now I see PSG winning easily. Barcelona is a finished club.
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by obembet(f): 9:24am On Feb 16, 2021
Lalasticla kindly move this wonderful thread to FP
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by paulolee(m): 10:12am On Feb 16, 2021
barca would surely win this..
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by paulolee(m): 10:14am On Feb 16, 2021
Newman20:
Op, as it is now I see PSG winning easily. Barcelona is a finished club.
barca form is more better than that of PSG, neyma n di maria are injured n i dnt see mbappe leading PSG to win in spain, they would jus try n contain messi n prays leo have a bad night..
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by internationalman(m): 10:41am On Feb 16, 2021
If PSG win in Camp Nou today I will stop watching ball..

Barca may be struggling but PSG without Neymar and Di Maria are average at best..
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by Kilishihunter: 11:07am On Feb 16, 2021
As a Barca fan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by kuonbe(m): 11:30am On Feb 16, 2021
obembet I know say you fit help me but you n gree
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by obembet(f): 12:30pm On Feb 16, 2021
kuonbe:
obembet I know say you fit help me but you n gree
For?
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by kuonbe(m): 1:35pm On Feb 16, 2021
obembet:

When u won rent did u show me love
no Boss I never rent house. money never complete. honestly I go dey greatful
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by kuonbe(m): 1:35pm On Feb 16, 2021
obembet:

When u won rent did u show me love
no Boss I never rent house. money never complete. honestly I go dey greatful
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by Finnestgreat: 9:45pm On Feb 16, 2021
PSG for the win
Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by Newman20(m): 1:22am On Feb 17, 2021
paulolee:

barca form is more better than that of PSG, neyma n di maria are injured n i dnt see mbappe leading PSG to win in spain, they would jus try n contain messi n prays leo have a bad night..

You were saying......

1 Like

Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by Gentle0wavez: 6:53am On Feb 17, 2021
paulolee:

E don happened oh, Mbappe don win barca

1 Like

Re: Will PSG beat Barcelona in the next round of UCL under Mauricio Pochettino? by obembet(f): 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2021
kuonbe:

no Boss I never rent house. money never complete.
honestly I go dey greatful

B953TRAEAZCPRA-1246416

(1) (Reply)

Why Did Ronaldo Leave Juventus For Manchester United? / Carlo Ancelotti Explains The Viral Photo Of Him Smoking A Cigar During RealMadri / Nigeria And Benin To Co-host 2029 AFCON 2029

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.