Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters (25807 Views)

Travel Ban On Nigeria: Official US Statement / Trump Plans To Add Nigeria To US Travel Ban List - Reuters / Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by tot(f): 10:10am On Jan 03, 2021
gypsey:
Okay, I see, it is just that most times Nigerian Immigrations/customs/consulate websites says something but their staffs does practically different from what the websites says. cheesy I wanted to wait and get live informations from those who actually were sucssesful with their travel to and return from Nigeria.

cheesy I know, that was what I thought too until the actual experience.
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by tot(f): 10:15am On Jan 03, 2021
Bossman:
This is correct. Traveled to Nigeria in November on Delta. Not much hassle. Just showed the Negative Covid-19 test taken within 5 days of travel date, It was needed for check-in at both departing airport, and at the connecting airport(Atlanta). Before travel date, I uploaded my test results to the Naija Immigration portal, paid for the Naija test, and I received an email with the QR code. I was also asked to choose my test center and date for the Naija covid test. And that was all. I received a reminder email and call(on my Naija number) the day before the test. Got to the test center in GRA Ikeja early in the morning. We were the 5th car in line, and we were out of there within 45 mins of when they started testing. Got my test results within 48 hours, as they promised. It was seamless to me.

Yes it was seamless, glad it wasn't just me that had a smooth process. I also contacted the chat agent on the portal around 11pm to ask a few questions and not only were they online, they responded with all the info within minutes. I've learnt not to criticize something simply because people say it won't work, it's govt etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 03, 2021
tot:

cheesy I know, that was what I thought too until the actual experience.
grin I am guessing yours went well then..

I remember few years back I went to apply for a Nigerian passport at their consulate the website clearly says the passport would be available to collect after or within 7 days, it was different when I turned up personally at the consulate.
I was told that it would take atleast 3 months before i could collect, they said they can give me a free visa on my other passport.

But strangely when i presented my other passport for the visa after about 3 weeks, they told me to go that they will call me. They did call me, (strangely also) the next day said I can come and collect the Nigerian passport i applied for that it is ready to collect grin rather than a visa they gave me a new Nigerian passport grin did they print the passport in less than one day? Though it was supposed to take 3 months. Maybe because i threatned to sue...

ever since i don't take them serious anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by erico2k2(m): 10:45am On Jan 03, 2021
gypsey:
Precisely, I heard all this aswell. That got me confused. So the best option is to fill in the form online right? Wait for a call before paying and if no calls, still travel and do the test when i get to Nigeria/before returning

What if the test turns negative? Would they stop you from boarding when returning?

Let me know how it went please. Cheers!
it has to be negetive cos if U are positive u aint flying nowhere. I think you can do it up to 120 hours or 140 hours B4 departure from 9ja.me 8m still enjoying home cooked food that do not need microwave atoll to bother bout that I got a long holiday till feb ending grin
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by erico2k2(m): 10:50am On Jan 03, 2021
planetx:
Avoid Nigeria indeed. All the airlines KLM, Air France, British, Delta etc are all filled to the brim this holiday period with the volume of Nigerians coming home.
especially now the forex get power lol ahaha
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by erico2k2(m): 10:55am On Jan 03, 2021
tot:

But a person can catch it in the interval between the 120 hours (5 days) before the flight when the test is done and their arrival at the destination.
the person can catch it after isolating 7 days in Nigeria. These are the gray areas science have no answer 4.The sure thing we know is testing,testing and more testing.
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by itu404(m): 11:10am On Jan 03, 2021
gypsey:
All this rubbish is why i didn't travel to Nigeria this christmas. I didn't want all this dictatorship.

But Nigerians eh! Some people even travelled to Nigeria with a fake negative covid test. Rubbish country.
i beg! where u dey dem not get restriction which country no get restriction today na when nigeria put thier own rules na dey make noise na too hate date country,, i swaer!
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 03, 2021
itu404:

i beg! where u dey dem not get restriction which country no get restriction today na when nigeria put thier own rules na dey make noise na too hate date country,, i swaer!
Is this supposed to make sense? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by erico2k2(m): 12:19pm On Jan 03, 2021
gypsey:
Is this supposed to make sense? cheesy
thats what happen wen they leave the bar late angry grin
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by samsard(m): 12:49pm On Jan 03, 2021
lymelyte:
so simple... I wonder who this guys are deceiving.. lol
You do realize that your information can be verified when traveling, right? It's called an e-passport for a reason.
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by lymelyte(m): 1:02pm On Jan 03, 2021
samsard:
You do realize that your information can be verified when traveling, right? It's called an e-passport for a reason.
listen and listen very good,Nigeria do not share thier database with neighboring countries..It can only happen when countries share database..
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 03, 2021
erico2k2:

thats what happen wen they leave the bar late angry grin
grin grin grin i thought as much.
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 03, 2021
erico2k2:

it has to be negetive cos if U are positive u aint flying nowhere. I think you can do it up to 120 hours or 140 hours B4 departure from 9ja.me 8m still enjoying home cooked food that do not need microwave atoll to bother bout that I got a long holiday till feb ending grin
Yea i was worried bout that too, seriously if I had known that it wouldn't be much of problem, i would have been in Naija this moment. They frustrated me one time, so ever since i don't wanna take chances.
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by erico2k2(m): 1:55pm On Jan 03, 2021
gypsey:
Yea i was worried bout that too, seriously if I had known that it wouldn't be much of problem, i would have been in Naija this moment. They frustrated me one time, so ever since i don't wanna take chances.
nah mind you from UK its jst Virgin and BA
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 03, 2021
erico2k2:

nah mind you from UK its jst Virgin and BA
Not a problem, I always fly BA anyway, they are very good, most times they upgrade me and few other perssengers from economy to business.
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by erico2k2(m): 2:17pm On Jan 03, 2021
gypsey:
Not a problem, I always fly BA anyway, they are very good, most times they upgrade me and few other perssengers from economy to business.
same here I'm on premium economy paying £146 xtra
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 03, 2021
erico2k2:

same here I'm on premium economy paying £146 xtra
Not bad, were there alot of yous on your flight? I mean, people flying to Nigeria? Did BA also social distance with the seats? Or Were people wearing masks on board and sitting next to each other?
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by erico2k2(m): 3:23pm On Jan 03, 2021
gypsey:
Not bad, were there alot of yous on your flight? I mean, people flying to Nigeria? Did BA also social distance with the seats? Or Were people wearing masks on board and sitting next to each other?
yes filled to capacity they now fly daily to ABJ and LOS, but in the 3 seats no one sits in the middle unless you lot r from same household, strangers sit o sit apart
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by ebere89(f): 3:50pm On Jan 03, 2021
When you're in Rome behave like the Romans. Obey the local laws of your host nation even if it's your home country.
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 03, 2021
erico2k2:

yes filled to capacity they now fly daily to ABJ and LOS, but in the 3 seats no one sits in the middle unless you lot r from same household, strangers sit o sit apart
Good, so there was enough space inbetween people, not the same for leg room though. grin grin

Good, infor. I will try during Easter holidays and see what happens.

What bout local flights? How was their systems and fares? Unless you landed at your destination straight away.. ussually i have to get a local from ABJ to owerri or Enugu.
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by erico2k2(m): 6:10pm On Jan 03, 2021
gypsey:
Good, so there was enough space inbetween people, not the same for leg room though. grin grin

Good, infor. I will try during Easter holidays and see what happens.

What bout local flights? How was their systems and fares? Unless you landed at your destination straight away.. ussually i have to get a local from ABJ to owerri or Enugu.
nah local is a diff ball game, we sat nxt to each other, I took Dana Air frm ABJ to PHC at 42k, and paid xtra 14k for my laugages. flight was smooth though
PS Book ur local flight at least 2 weeks B4 U land 9ja to avoid stories that touch
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by KaptainAfrika: 6:19pm On Jan 03, 2021
Looool funny people...why not use their names, when this Bubu government start caring about privacy - if you check, those numbers belong to dead people, or don't belong to anyone at all. You can't enter Nigeria without showing a negative test result, well, except you are big man in government or the private sector.
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 03, 2021
oshonwambada:
whats the essence of this post arrival rest since the returnees have already presented their pre travel covid test?Assuming any of them is covid positive after the second test on arrival,wil it change anything since they must have come in contact with many people.The govt just want the 50k period

So between that paltry amount and the money the government would have realize from affected individuals (especially frequent travelers) within a 6-month period, which would be greater?

We should learn to respect our sovereignty, same way we respect that of other countries. It is better the government collect from us to do the right thing (protect citizens) than being irresponsible.

Meanwhile, we all berated the government last year with all sort of name-calling for been so careless on the COVID-19 Issue, especially with their poor handling of returnees. They took the scolding (though late as a number of lives including VIPs were already lost), and later put measures in place to ensure the general safety of Nigerians.

Now, the same set of people being protected (Nigerians) are complaining, again. Worst, disobeying and putting other people's lives at risk. Let's check ourselves o undecided
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2021
erico2k2:

nah local is a diff ball game, we sat nxt to each other, I took Dana Air frm ABJ to PHC at 42k, and paid xtra 14k for my laugages. flight was smooth though
PS Book ur local flight at least 2 weeks B4 U land 9ja to avoid stories that touch
Really? 42k isn't bad, my mate said he paid 90k from ABJ to owerri, (Air peace) I doubt that though.

Okay, I ve never booked online after I did once, i think it was with Air peace, and the flght was cancelled twice that day. I had to travel by road eventually. they couldn't even refund me, what they gave me was a slip to enable me book a return from any local Airport when returning, (they exchanged for a return). Ever since i stopped booking online.

So what is this story that touches? cheesy
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by erico2k2(m): 7:37pm On Jan 03, 2021
gypsey:
Really? 42k isn't bad, my mate said he paid 90k from ABJ to owerri, (Air peace) I doubt that though.

Okay, I ve never booked oline after I did once, i think it was with Air peace, and the flght was cancelled twice that day. I had to travel by road eventually. they couldn't even refund me, what they gave me was a slip to enable me book a return from any local Airport when returning, (they exchanged for a return). Ever since i stopped booking online.

So what is this story that touches? cheesy
mine was one way though
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 03, 2021
erico2k2:

mine was one way though
his was one way too. So he said.
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by erico2k2(m): 10:16pm On Jan 03, 2021
gypsey:
his was one way too. So he said.
ahah dunno bout that
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by tot(f): 11:02am On Jan 04, 2021
erico2k2:

the person can catch it after isolating 7 days in Nigeria. These are the gray areas science have no answer 4.The sure thing we know is testing,testing and more testing.

True. Yes, exactly. Testing.
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by tot(f): 11:04am On Jan 04, 2021
gypsey:
grin I am guessing yours went well then..

I remember few years back I went to apply for a Nigerian passport at their consulate the website clearly says the passport would be available to collect after or within 7 days, it was different when I turned up personally at the consulate.
I was told that it would take atleast 3 months before i could collect, they said they can give me a free visa on my other passport.

But strangely when i presented my other passport for the visa after about 3 weeks, they told me to go that they will call me. They did call me, (strangely also) the next day said I can come and collect the Nigerian passport i applied for that it is ready to collect grin rather than a visa they gave me a new Nigerian passport grin did they print the passport in less than one day? Though it was supposed to take 3 months. Maybe because i threatned to sue...

ever since i don't take them serious anymore.

Hahaha! Can you imagine, 3 months for what exactly?! Nigerian consulates abroad are hit or miss, sometimes they will cooperate, other times they can be a nightmare, lol. Your threat to sue can also be part of what gingered them.
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 04, 2021
tot:

Hahaha! Can you imagine, 3 months for what exactly?! Nigerian consulates abroad are hit or miss, sometimes they will cooperate, other times they can be a nightmare, lol. Your threat to sue can also be part of what gingered them.
grin oh! I met some Nigerians who has actually waited for more than 3 months. Some of them were ready to bribe the staffs.. there was a long queue of Nigerians begging, crying some were cursing, shouting, aguing in anger, it was chaotic. When i got there they called me into an office gave me the passport and told me to go through the back door as that their main reception area is too crowdy. grin some nigerians who have been waiting for more than 3 months rushed up to me outside asking how i did it, if i knew any top official at the consulate? cheesy I said NO!

I believe it must have been my threat to sue, because their website was giving out wrong informations, they were quick to take my money, No where on their website did it state that passport collections would take 3 months (I wouldn't have applied and paid if it did). And no clear explainations on why the 3 months delay, what they said was that they ran out of booklets, I mean, how da hell is that my problem? undecided okay, if that was the case, why take my money if they cannot provide the services? I accused them of fraud. It is like a shoe shop taking a debit card payment from a customer online knowing that they have no shoes in stock. Even though their website says they have shoes in stock. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York / Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) / Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.