Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,466 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters (25804 Views)

Travel Ban On Nigeria: Official US Statement / Trump Plans To Add Nigeria To US Travel Ban List - Reuters / Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by tot(f): 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2021
gypsey:
grin oh! I met some Nigerians who has actually waited for more than 3 months. Some of them were ready to bribe the staffs.. there was a long queue of Nigerians begging, crying some were cursing, shouting, aguing in anger, it was chaotic. When i got there they called me into an office gave me the passport and told me to go through the back door as that their main reception area is too crowdy. grin some nigerians who have been waiting for more than 3 months rushed up to me outside asking how i did it, if i knew any top official at the consulate? cheesy I said NO!

I believe it must have been my threat to sue, because their website was giving out wrong informations, they were quick to take my money, No where on their website did it state that passport collections would take 3 months (I wouldn't have applied and paid if it did). And no clear explainations on why the 3 months delay, what they said was that they ran out of booklets, I mean, how da hell is that my problem? undecided okay, if that was the case, why take my money if they cannot provide the services? I accused them of fraud. It is like a shoe shop taking a debit card payment from a customer online knowing that they have no shoes in stock. Even though their website says they have shoes in stock. grin

Hahahaha! I can just imagine grin grin

I agree it was the threat. That is why it is necessary to speak out and threaten when necessary, otherwise one will just suffer in silence.
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 04, 2021
tot:

Hahahaha! I can just imagine grin grin

I agree it was the threat. That is why it is necessary to speak out and threaten when necessary, otherwise one will just suffer in silence.
Absolutely! If everyone of them spoke up things would have changed positively. But for some reason they were afraid to, perhaps because they had no other choice. I had a choice with other passport, I noticed that those who knew their rights and spoke up got special treatments.
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by tot(f): 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2021
gypsey:
Absolutely! If everyone of them spoke up things would have changed positively. But for some reason they were afraid to, perhaps because they had no other choice. I had a choice with other passport, I noticed that those who knew their rights and spoke up got special treatments.

Exactly! You've said it all. Choice gives one confidence which in turn produces results.
Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2021
tot:

Exactly! You've said it all. Choice gives one confidence which in turn produces results.
I agree totally.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters by oshonwambada: 7:34am On Jan 06, 2021
rawfact:

So between that paltry amount and the money the government would have realize from affected individuals (especially frequent travelers) within a 6-month period, which would be greater?

We should learn to respect our sovereignty, same way we respect that of other countries. It is better the government collect from us to do the right thing (protect citizens) than being irresponsible.

Meanwhile, we all berated the government last year with all sort of name-calling for been so careless on the COVID-19 Issue, especially with their poor handling of returnees. They took the scolding (though late as a number of lives including VIPs were already lost), and later put measures in place to ensure the general safety of Nigerians.

Now, the same set of people being protected (Nigerians) are complaining, again. Worst, disobeying and putting other people's lives at risk. Let's check ourselves o undecided
pls are the so called govt doing what is responsible?u are yet to answer my question.Assuming one of the arrivals is covid positive after the useless test and before then he or she has already pass it to people that came in contact with him,how can the govt trace those affected people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York / Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway / Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.