Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Ministers, Political Appointees Go Spiritual To Escape Cabinet Reshuffle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministers, Political Appointees Go Spiritual To Escape Cabinet Reshuffle (1371 Views)

Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will / Buhari Mulls Cabinet Reshuffle Ahead Of 2019 Elections / Cabinet Reshuffle: Buhari Suspends Action Till After APC National Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministers, Political Appointees Go Spiritual To Escape Cabinet Reshuffle by sunnybobonwa: 2:50am On Jan 03, 2021
Ministers, political appointees go spiritual to escape cabinet reshuffle

The Street Journal has learned that some federal ministers and other political appointees of President Muhammadu Buhari have resorted to spiritual help in a bid to escape the imminent cabinet reshuffle that will happen sometime this year.
Recall that late last year, The Street Journal had broken the news of the definite removal of the service chiefs as well as at least six federal ministers, in the new year.
The Street Journal in that report had said that imminent removal of the service chiefs may not be unconnected to the clamour from several quarters for the president to remove them and appoint new service chiefs who will bring in fresh ideas and tactics on ways to tackle the growing insecurity in the country.
Besides, the service chiefs are all over due for retirement having spent more than 35 years in military service, which is contrary to the rules of public service which stipulates that the compulsory retirement age for all grades in the service shall be 60 years or 35 years of pensionable service, whichever is earlier.
The ministers are also not left out of the removal plans as the president will drop at least six ministers who may have under performed in the discharge of their duties which will ultimately result in a cabinet reshuffle.

For this reason, the ministers are all jittery with fear, each one dreading their possible removal from their juicy positions. To escape the imminent hammer, most of them have taken the battle to the spiritual realm.
One of the ministers who will stop at nothing to retain his position or at least remain a minister has sent 18 imams on an all expenses paid trip to Saudi Arabia for spiritual fortification and protection over the impending cabinet reshuffle.
Some ministers have secured the services of marabouts and ‘wisemen’ for spiritual purification. With this comes the procurement of cows, rams, to be offered for the appeasement their gods, all in a bid to escape the hammer.

1 Share

Re: Ministers, Political Appointees Go Spiritual To Escape Cabinet Reshuffle by johnmartus(m): 2:59am On Jan 03, 2021
We know very well that Buhari mean well for this country but those rogues he appointed are the one behind misfortunes this administration is witness.

The most useless minister in this administration is

Chris Ngige

1 Like

Re: Ministers, Political Appointees Go Spiritual To Escape Cabinet Reshuffle by Kapilta(m): 3:11am On Jan 03, 2021
"Chop i chop"
Re: Ministers, Political Appointees Go Spiritual To Escape Cabinet Reshuffle by AdaugoChisom(f): 4:44am On Jan 03, 2021
Street Journal this your report is inconsistent
Re: Ministers, Political Appointees Go Spiritual To Escape Cabinet Reshuffle by Saao(m): 5:01am On Jan 03, 2021
johnmartus:
We know very well that Buhari mean well for this country but those rogues he appointed are the one behind misfortunes this administration is witness.

Chris Ngige
which buhari meant well? And who appointed the ministers? Learn to call a perpetual failure a failure OK. Baby know nothing about governance.

1 Like

Re: Ministers, Political Appointees Go Spiritual To Escape Cabinet Reshuffle by blackpanda: 5:08am On Jan 03, 2021
johnmartus:

Chris Ngige

Ngige is not useless
There are many there doing nothing
Re: Ministers, Political Appointees Go Spiritual To Escape Cabinet Reshuffle by blackpanda: 5:09am On Jan 03, 2021
Saao:
which buhari meant well? And who appointed the ministers? Learn to call a perpetual failure a failure OK. Baby know nothing about governance.

Your own matter is just pure hatred for buhari. Regardless of his achievements. Even if he turns nigeria to paradise, wailers will still wail.
Re: Ministers, Political Appointees Go Spiritual To Escape Cabinet Reshuffle by YoungboyNBA(m): 6:11am On Jan 03, 2021
I will be 20 percent happy if Buhari change his Service Chiefs and The Kitchen Cabinet reshuffled,then I'll be 50 percent happy if they'll perform for the safety and development of all Nigerians.

As for the remaining 50, that's on me.

There's a lot of good coming into Nigeria this year, a lot of heavy changes, I mean serious changes.

Nigeria will be Great Again,More than it was,it will become a Bigger Brother.

And a quick tip for y'all, it may sound funny and foolish , which is why I'm saying it, " if you have Nigerian National I.D Card, National Passport and all that, don't misplace them, don't disregard them because of today, it will soon be one of the most sort out for ".

I'm a Nigerian, anytime and anywhere.

Insults are allowed.

1 Like

Re: Ministers, Political Appointees Go Spiritual To Escape Cabinet Reshuffle by cpu2006(m): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2021
johnmartus:

Chris Ngige

What of Akpabio & co?
Re: Ministers, Political Appointees Go Spiritual To Escape Cabinet Reshuffle by Anfield247(m): 12:03pm On Jan 03, 2021
AdaugoChisom:
Street Journal this your report is inconsistent
Adaugochisom, Sweetheart, how are you doing? I just want to say hi to you as my bestie!
Re: Ministers, Political Appointees Go Spiritual To Escape Cabinet Reshuffle by AdaugoChisom(f): 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2021
Anfield247:

Adaugochisom, Sweetheart, how are you doing? I just want to say hi to you as my bestie!
Thank
Re: Ministers, Political Appointees Go Spiritual To Escape Cabinet Reshuffle by dbonks(m): 12:47pm On Jan 03, 2021
johnmartus:

Chris Ngige

You sure don't know what you are saying, go and cross-chech very well, how a minister is appointed, and how his/her programmes are being approved and implemented.
Re: Ministers, Political Appointees Go Spiritual To Escape Cabinet Reshuffle by Anfield247(m): 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2021
AdaugoChisom:
Thank
I love you!
Re: Ministers, Political Appointees Go Spiritual To Escape Cabinet Reshuffle by feedthenation(m): 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2021
---Federal Ministers are not effective---

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of ESN Mural In The UK / End SARS Memorial Rally: Nigerians, Be Wary / Bumi And Buhari Have It All Planned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.