Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,924 members, 7,866,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:58 PM

Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. (1427 Views)

Using "I Love You" To Deceive Ladies For Sex / Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust / Supreme Court Rejects Atheists’ Case To Remove “In God We Trust” From Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2021
Image123:

This one evidently ran out of ideas and resorted to folly.
Oya clap for yourself.
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by theFilmtric: 5:40pm On Jan 04, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

This is a well known fact, I didn't invent the term "bible belts"
Religiousity generally,is inversely proportional to development.
Everything is well known to everybody
I repeat
Give me examples

theFilmtricsay
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by Mhimi007(m): 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2021
Image123:

Are there no churches on the Island? Are you aware that vice president Osinbajo was a Pastor in a RCCG church in a high brow area. As for Deeper Life, i think they have branches of the church in every part of the country. Plus their headquarters has always been Gbagada from the start.
and how big is this RCCG we are talking about and is this church in an estate? if no then sir you have no point there.And why is the hq of DLBC not on the Island why is it in a place as "tight" Gbagada the answer is because the rich dont like noise.Even when they want to pray they talk to their God with bedroom voice even prayer go hungry you,poor man mentally be say God dey answer noise

1 Like

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by Mhimi007(m): 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2021
Topmaike007:
Una wahala too much for here aswear...

But let's be logical something must create something before it exist..

There is a supreme being somewhere, he might be in one of the planet orbiting in space, and that planet might be heaven..

I hope I am making sense?

Atall
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by theFilmtric: 9:54pm On Jan 04, 2021
Mhimi007:
and how big is this RCCG we are talking about and is this church in an estate? if no then sir you have no point there.And why is the hq of DLBC not on the Island why is it in a place as "tight" Gbagada the answer is because the rich dont like noise.Even when they want to pray they talk to their God with bedroom voice even prayer go hungry you,poor man mentally be say God dey answer noise
why deceive yourself this way?
I understand you are trying hard to defend yourself(belief) but this isn't smart at all
But as they say a drowning man would clutch at a straw
Think better next time
Atheistandproud is smarter than this
I hope your eyes are opened very soon

theFilmtricsay
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by Mhimi007(m): 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2021
hoopernikao:

Why Was the Lagos state government secretariat built in Ikeja and not in island?

And if you don't know history, it's a fact that that deeper life center in Bariga you mentioned is likely older than the whole of Lekki and most of its islands. So, it shouldn't be tough for you to know why island has to come to Bariga to "see God" .
[b]
hoopernikao:

Why Was the Lagos state government secretariat built in Ikeja and not in island?

And if you don't know history, it's a fact that that deeper life center in Bariga you mentioned is likely older than the whole of Lekki and most of its islands. So, it shouldn't be tough for you to know why island has to come to Bariga to "see God" .
your last statement tho the island had to come to Bariga to see "God" because they dont want unnecessary noise and discomfort in their area.come to think of it is god only limited to be worshipped in environments like that.Okay lets agree that there was no Lekki then but what's stoppin them from constucting a mega auditorium there now,at least that is where they call high brow area

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by Mhimi007(m): 10:00pm On Jan 04, 2021
theFilmtric:

why deceive yourself this way?
I understand you are trying hard to defend yourself(belief) but this isn't smart at all
But as they say a drowning man would clutch at a straw
Think better next time
Atheistandproud is smarter than this
I hope your eyes are opened very soon

theFilmtricsay
of course he is and that is what he didn't bother replying you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by theFilmtric: 10:08pm On Jan 04, 2021
Mhimi007:
of course he is and that is what he didn't bother replying you
because he has nothing to say anymore

theFilmtricsay
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by atheistandproud(m): 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2021
Lol. I have proven my point beyond reasonable doubt.

What else is there to say?
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by theFilmtric: 10:11pm On Jan 04, 2021
atheistandproud:
Lol. I have proven my point beyond reasonable doubt.

What else is there to say?
I don't think so
Why didn't you reply my other post?

theFilmtricsay
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by hoopernikao: 10:48pm On Jan 04, 2021
Mhimi007:
your last statement tho the island had to come to Bariga to see "God" because they dont want unnecessary noise and discomfort in their area.come to think of it is god only limited to be worshipped in environments like that.Okay lets agree that there was no Lekki then but [b]what's stoppin them from constucting a mega auditorium there now,at least that is where they call high brow area

That your concerns can only be answered by Pastor Kumuyi, i dont hold brief for the church. But i have given you the reasons why you have it in Bariga and not VI, and that's enough to closeout out your comments. What then is your concern with having another "mega" one in VI? Even Banks, Schools, Institutions dont have "megas" all around the cities except a single location that feeds others. Why do you want the church to have it when there is one already in Bariga?
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2021
theFilmtric:

Everything is well known to everybody
I repeat
Give me examples

theFilmtricsay
You're ignorant,simple sad
A simple Google search on religiosity and development won't kill you. Well,since you can't do that I'll help you:

https://www.pewforum.org/2018/06/13/why-do-levels-of-religious-observance-vary-by-age-and-country/
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by theFilmtric: 11:08pm On Jan 04, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

You're ignorant,simple sad
A simple Google search on religiosity and development won't kill you. Well,since you can't do that I'll help you:

https://www.pewforum.org/2018/06/13/why-do-levels-of-religious-observance-vary-by-age-and-country/
I am not new to the internet
There are always links to every given situation
You're trying hard to dodge
Give me instances like Athnprod
Since you aren't “ignorant”

theFilmtricsay
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by theFilmtric: 11:10pm On Jan 04, 2021
hoopernikao:

That your concerns can only be answered by Pastor Kumuyi, i dont hold brief for the church. But i have given you the reasons why you have it in Bariga and not VI, and that's enough to closeout out your comments. What then is your concern with having another "mega" one in VI? Even Banks, Schools, Institutions dont have "megas" all around the cities except a single location that feeds others. Why do you want the church to have it when there is one already in Bariga?
I think you mean “Gbagada”

theFilmtricsay
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2021
theFilmtric:

I am not new to the internet
There are always links to every given situation
You're trying hard to dodge
Give me instances like Athnprod
Since you aren't “ignorant”

theFilmtricsay
Lol,what a response. Do you even know who pewforum's are?
And what is "Athnprod"
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by hoopernikao: 11:45pm On Jan 04, 2021
theFilmtric:

theFilmtricsay

Yes, thank you.
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by Mhimi007(m): 6:57am On Jan 05, 2021
hoopernikao:

You see I'm not talking of just Deeper life,as I just use the organization to cite an instance,heard Mountain of fire is doing the same thing at yaba.But look at other organizations like banks,where do they have thier headquarters? that's right at marina on the ISLAND why didn't they build their hq at Gbagada or Yaba or even Bariga but on the Island,or will you say again that their banks was established after there was Victoria island as you said before
and even embassies of countries most of them have their offices at either Garki or Victoria island but what is restricting churches from having their headquarters there now I'm not talking of deeper life alone...
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by Mhimi007(m): 6:59am On Jan 05, 2021
theFilmtric:

theFilmtricsay
well considering the close proximity with Bariga I think it is safe to say that the church is also at Bariga
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by theFilmtric: 7:58am On Jan 05, 2021
Mhimi007:
well considering the close proximity with Bariga I think it is safe to say that the church is also at Bariga
No

theFilmtricsay
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by Mhimi007(m): 11:26am On Jan 05, 2021
theFilmtric:

No

theFilmtricsay
okay no vex name Gbagada e dey buh its still makes no difference
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by hoopernikao: 3:02pm On Jan 05, 2021
Mhimi007:
You see I'm not talking of just Deeper life,as I just use the organization to cite an instance,heard Mountain of fire is doing the same thing at yaba.But look at other organizations like banks,where do they have thier headquarters? that's right at marina on the ISLAND why didn't they build their hq at Gbagada or Yaba or even Bariga but on the Island,or will you say again that their banks was established after there was Victoria island as you said before
and even embassies of countries most of them have their offices at either Garki or Victoria island but what is restricting churches from having their headquarters there now I'm not talking of deeper life alone...

You are not straight with your logic. I told you what determines the location a church establishing her main center, what we can call headquarters and you agreed using deeper life as a case study. Development don't drive church in locating headquarters, the place of pioneering, the place that birth other locations is usually the headquarters and will likely be a very big place overtime if the church has spread to other places just as you see DLBC, RCCG etc.

Now using banks having headquarters in VI is not a honest argument. The basis of bringing bank into this discussion is that you are troubled that churches aren't leaving their foundation, their source to what you called developed center and likewise you asked why they aren't building more headquarters in every places. Is this what banks do to? Think on that again.

I will advise you avoid things you don't understand the reasons and not be too forward to assume and conclude. There are over 1000 worship centers in VI, deeper life likewise can't have less than 200 worship centers scattered around the same region. So what's the fuze about not having a mega church. Do you have people who complained they can't be reached by Christians or in need of worship centers? If not, why this issue and why do you face the issue.
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by Mhimi007(m): 5:09pm On Jan 05, 2021
hoopernikao:

You are not straight with your logic. I told you what determines the location a church establishing her main center, what we can call headquarters and you agreed using deeper life as a case study. Development don't drive church in locating headquarters, the place of pioneering, the place that birth other locations is usually the headquarters and will likely be a very big place overtime if the church has spread to other places just as you see DLBC, RCCG etc.

Now using banks having headquarters in VI is not a honest argument. The basis of bringing bank into this discussion is that you are troubled that churches aren't leaving their foundation, their source to what you called developed center and likewise you asked why they aren't building more headquarters in every places. Is this what banks do to? Think on that again.

I will advise you avoid things you don't understand the reasons and not be too forward to assume and conclude. There are over 1000 worship centers in VI, deeper life likewise can't have less than 200 worship centers scattered around the same region. So what's the fuze about not having a mega church. Do you have people who complained they can't be reached by Christians or in need of worship centers? If not, why this issue and why do you face the issue.
i don't think you have a point here
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by Image123(m): 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2021
Mhimi007:

So now your problem is with the size of the RCCG church? i do not stay on the island or close to it. You can go and confirm from those that stay there. Churches like RCCG, Catholic, Baptist, Deeper Life and co are in every nook and cranny of the South West and the Island is definitely not spared. Like i have said, it is only planning and commonsense that big commercial activities like banks, markets or industries or schools or banks are not IN residential areas. It is not because they are shut out. Money or Education or God is not shut out, it is simply urban planning. People actually go to school to learn this commonsense things BTW. Like i said, seek exposure. There are places you can locate railway, power station, airport, schools, university, camp ground, churches, mosques, telecommunication masts, water works etc.
Like i said, Deeper Life headquarters and services started from Gbagada from the best of my knowledge. You can ask their pastor why, but factors like space, cost of land, population, what God told them, location of most members affect these kinds of decisions. i would not see cheap or maybe even free land(from some of the churches testimonies) where thousands are trooping in almost daily and leave it to open headquarters in the wilderness of unknown lekki which is what those areas were in the 70s. Or is it now that the place is so highbrow that they should move headquarters there? They don't have anything else to do with money? Or you don't know that what you build with 1million in Gbagada, you may not build up to that for 5million in Lekki? Anyway you are young, you met Lekki as high brow, you did not know when it was a bush.

1 Like

Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by Image123(m): 6:15pm On Jan 05, 2021
Mhimi007:

Those are business districts, smh. Most of the businesses and transactions take place there. Those are not in estates or people's houses are they? How many people are in those offices? Does any of them have five thousand people coming in for services with cars? How can you sanely compare that to church headquarters that reported host 30 to 50 thousand people at a go. Someone said talking about the president make him lose sanity, lol. i think further talk about these inanities puts one at similar risk. cheesy cheesy
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by hoopernikao: 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2021
Mhimi007:
i don't think you have a point here
Okay.
Re: Dear God, we love you but we must lock you out. by Mhimi007(m): 7:19pm On Jan 05, 2021
Image123:

So now your problem is with the size of the RCCG church? i do not stay on the island or close to it. You can go and confirm from those that stay there. Churches like RCCG, Catholic, Baptist, Deeper Life and co are in every nook and cranny of the South West and the Island is definitely not spared. Like i have said, it is only planning and commonsense that big commercial activities like banks, markets or industries or schools or banks are not IN residential areas. It is not because they are shut out. Money or Education or God is not shut out, it is simply urban planning. People actually go to school to learn this commonsense things BTW. Like i said, seek exposure. There are places you can locate railway, power station, airport, schools, university, camp ground, churches, mosques, telecommunication masts, water works etc.
Like i said, Deeper Life headquarters and services started from Gbagada from the best of my knowledge. You can ask their pastor why, but factors like space, cost of land, population, what God told them, location of most members affect these kinds of decisions. i would not see cheap or maybe even free land(from some of the churches testimonies) where thousands are trooping in almost daily and leave it to open headquarters in the wilderness of unknown lekki which is what those areas were in the 70s. Or is it now that the place is so highbrow that they should move headquarters there? They don't have anything else to do with money? Or you don't know that what you build with 1million in Gbagada, you may not build up to that for 5million in Lekki? Anyway you are young, you met Lekki as high brow, you did not know when it was a bush.
oh I did

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Didn't God Kill The Devil? / What God Says About Side Chics / Follow Pastor Chris live On Twitter

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.