Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Police Nab Man With 25,906 Fake Inec Forms In Aba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Nab Man With 25,906 Fake Inec Forms In Aba (822 Views)

Fake INEC Official Arrested In Famgbe, Bayelsa By The Police (Photo) / Fake INEC Officials Caught Registering Voters In Amaechi, Wike’s LG / Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Nab Man With 25,906 Fake Inec Forms In Aba by aloyemeka1: 7:33pm On Mar 29, 2011
[size=14pt]Police nab man with 25,906 fake INEC forms in Aba [/size]
From OKEY SAMPSON, Aba

Tuesday, March 29, 2011
The Police in Aba, the commercial hub of Abia State, have thwarted what may pass as last-minute moves by some politicians to rig Saturday’s National Assembly election in the state as they arrested a man, Ihesie Chubuike, with 25, 906 suspected fake INEC Form EC 50 U.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/mar/29/504.html

The forms were to be used for the House of Representatives election.

Daily Sun gathered that police from Ndiegoro station were on routine patrol over the weekend when they stopped a tricycle, popularly known as Keke NAPEP, with registration number QH 423 SSM, loaded with several cartons of what looked like ordinary envelopes.

When the operator of the tricycle, one Arisa Kalu, was accosted, he said the consignment was contracted to him by Chibuike to be transported to Ohanku town in Ukwa East Local Government Area. As he could not give any satisfactory answer, the police promptly arrested him.

A close police source hinted that after the initial arrest was made, the Divisional Police Officer for Ndiegoro Station, Mr. Joshua Bakyu, directed his men to visit the place where the materials were loaded perhaps to get more clues about the fake forms.

This paid off as on getting to 186, Cameroon Road where Chibuike resides, the police recovered over 300 more cartons of the fake INEC Form EC 50 U neatly stored in a warehouse and awaiting distribution.

From the warehouse, police were able to get information that the materials were being printed at No. 21 Onwuzurike Street in Aba. Men of the Ndiegoro police station stormed the printing house where another 200 cartons of the said fake INEC Form 50 U where also recovered.

The police arrested Ihesie, the man who gave out the job; the tricycle operator, Kalu, and three printers, who were actually involved in the printing of the suspected fake materials.

Our source further hinted that a letter with reference number INEC/LOG/TRS/S.341/vol. 1, dated December 22, 2010, purportedly written and signed by INEC secretary, Alhaji Abdulahi A. Kaugama, and believed to be fake was also found on Ihesie. The said contract letter was addressed to the Managing Director, M/S First Pacific Ltd., Bechar Street zone 2 Wuse, Abuja.

The letter read in part: “I am pleased to inform you that the commission has approved the award of contract to your firm as stated hereunder: printing of 25,906 pieces of INEC Form EC 50 U at N80 per unit, totaling N2,072,480. Liaise with the director, logistics and transport, for other specifications.”

The prime suspect, Ihesie is presently telling the police all he knows about the suspected fake INEC forms. He was quoted as saying it was the Managing Director of M/S First Pacific, whose name he claimed not to know and who had traveled abroad, that instructed him to print the materials.

On why he was taking the forms to Ohanku town in Ukwa East Local Government Area before they were intercepted by the police, the prime suspect also explained it was the M/S First Pacific boss that asked him to send the forms to the area from where, after sorting out that of Abia State, the rest would be distributed to Imo, Niger, Enugu, Anambra, Kano and Katsina States.

Daily Sun investigations revealed that since the arrest of the suspects, chieftains of a very popular political party in the country had been making frantic efforts to get the prime suspect in particular who they claimed to be one of theirs, released.
Re: Police Nab Man With 25,906 Fake Inec Forms In Aba by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 29, 2011
Now I know the Nigerian police and journalists can kill. Next time I see "armed robbers paraded I will think twice. If I was not aware of this case I would have believed this story as would millions of Nigerians. This company was given a contract to produce envelops by INEC, the production took place in Aba as with a lot of others, when the police detained the vehicles conveying the items, not tricycles as was reported INEC sent a confirmation that they indeed awarded the contract and the items were released. Nigerian Police do your work well instead of cooking up stories, contrary to this fake strory the items are envelops not fake forms, this innocent man has been malinged and put in danger even his house address was mentioned. What sort of cheap popularity is the police lookinf for? They really need to do thorough work instead of planting fake stories all over the media and banning people from using phones during election. I usually defend the Nigerian police but in this case am so disappointed. This story is as fake as they come I can stake my life on it
Re: Police Nab Man With 25,906 Fake Inec Forms In Aba by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 29, 2011
A serious reporter would have gone to INEC to confirm if indeed the items were fake before going to press to create cheap sensational stories
Re: Police Nab Man With 25,906 Fake Inec Forms In Aba by Abagworo(m): 11:42pm On Mar 29, 2011

Our source further hinted that a letter with reference number INEC/LOG/TRS/S.341/vol. 1, dated December 22, 2010, purportedly written and signed by INEC secretary, Alhaji Abdulahi A. Kaugama, and believed to be fake was also found on Ihesie. The said contract letter was addressed to the Managing Director, M/S First Pacific Ltd., Bechar Street zone 2 Wuse, Abuja.

The letter read in part: “I am pleased to inform you that the commission has approved the award of contract to your firm as stated hereunder: printing of 25,906 pieces of INEC Form EC 50 U at N80 per unit, totaling N2,072,480. Liaise with the director, logistics and transport, for other specifications.”

Thank you very much Aisha2.
Re: Police Nab Man With 25,906 Fake Inec Forms In Aba by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 29, 2011
Abbagwaro, now I know how some familoes must feel when police will just pick up their child for walking back home in the evening and label him an armed robber. I saw this news in d sun I was so shocked because they had to get INEC officials on sunday to leave church and send a mail to the police in Aba. Haba a simple confirmation from INEC is all the reporter had to do, anyway the company is planning to take legal action against the sun and whoever feed them this load of crap
Re: Police Nab Man With 25,906 Fake Inec Forms In Aba by aletheia(m): 12:43am On Mar 30, 2011
^^^The aim of the fake story is revealed in the last paragraph
aloy/emeka:

Daily Sun investigations revealed that since the arrest of the suspects, chieftains of a very popular political party in the country had been making frantic efforts to get the prime suspect in particular who they claimed to be one of theirs, released.
Why didn't they name the party? If you hadn't revealed the truth, I am sure by now a lot of people would have started condemning the party they thought was responsible. And we all know which party they would think it is, don't we?

I hope the company sues the pants off the Sun.
Re: Police Nab Man With 25,906 Fake Inec Forms In Aba by jason123: 12:45am On Mar 30, 2011
I have said this before,THE SUN is crap at best! Rubbish. I wonder who reads it!
Re: Police Nab Man With 25,906 Fake Inec Forms In Aba by Nobody: 12:46am On Mar 30, 2011
Believe me they will. I wonder if Journalists still go to school? Haba, how do you declare a document fake without finding out from the issuer? Did the police or daily sun do a forensic test? The annoying part is that a sensitive issue like this should have been confirmed by the reporter.
Re: Police Nab Man With 25,906 Fake Inec Forms In Aba by Nobody: 12:51am On Mar 30, 2011
Its more annoying because these are young people trying to come up. How much is the contract self just Over 2million and they are dragging "big men" into their fake story. These are young people seriously hustling a silly story like this if not handled well could distort their business which has taken so long and plenty hardwork to build. Now one illiterate reporter who doesn't know his job wants to come and take food out of their mouth with this fake story. The sun am sorry for you oh. My guys don hammer
Re: Police Nab Man With 25,906 Fake Inec Forms In Aba by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 30, 2011
My guys don hammer, this small contract go turn goldmine for my people because of your fake story.
Re: Police Nab Man With 25,906 Fake Inec Forms In Aba by aloyemeka1: 1:14am On Mar 30, 2011
aisha2:

Abbagwaro, now I know how some familoes must feel when police will just pick up their child for walking back home in the evening and label him an armed robber. I saw this news in d sun I was so shocked because they had to get INEC officials on sunday to leave church and send a mail to the police in Aba. Haba a simple confirmation from INEC is all the reporter had to do, anyway the company is planning to take legal action against the sun and whoever feed them this load of crap

Are you sure of this testimony?
Re: Police Nab Man With 25,906 Fake Inec Forms In Aba by Nobody: 1:19am On Mar 30, 2011
I can bet my life my reputation on it. I am aware of this case. The guys who got the contract are my friends, see the way they were running around on sunday to get INEC send confirmation from here. Simple case confirmation was sent buses released. In my usual nature I was hailing the police for their vigilance only to come and see the super fake story on the sun today
Re: Police Nab Man With 25,906 Fake Inec Forms In Aba by Maicash: 2:07am On Mar 30, 2011
jason123:

I have said this before,THE SUN is crap at best! Rubbish. I wonder who reads it!
The company would take legal action against The Sun Newspaper.This is damaging angry
Re: Police Nab Man With 25,906 Fake Inec Forms In Aba by hornycat: 6:13pm On Mar 30, 2011
When I talkam before say Aisha na ibo or ibo lover una no gree with me. Shebi Una don seeam now.

(1) (Reply)

Nbc Sanctions 33 Radio & Tv Stations For B'casting Pol. Jingles 24hrs To Polls! / Murder By Pure Water : I Dey Lafffoooooo / ACN youth (Bauchi) - Arrest Buhari now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.