Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

' - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / ' (310 Views)

How to solve the Plugged In but not charging error on Laptops / How Can I Use My Laptop As A TV, And Also Connect It With Gotv? / SOLAR LAPTOP POWER BANK FOR SALE (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

' by Rad459(m): 10:26am On Jan 03, 2021

Re: ' by matrix199(m): 10:32am On Jan 03, 2021
One or two batteries must have been drained completely beyond charge.

You have to replace those batteries
Re: ' by Rad459(m): 10:36am On Jan 03, 2021
I see.

So it even has two batteries? I'm not even aware of this.

Do you have an idea of how I can go about this?

Pls how can I fix this? And the cost, if you have the idea.
Re: ' by Rad459(m): 10:39am On Jan 03, 2021
matrix199:
One or two batteries must have been drained completely beyond charge.

You have to replace those batteries

I see.

So it even has two batteries? I'm not even aware of this.

Do you have an idea of how I can go about this?

Pls how can I fix this? And the cost, if you have the idea.
Re: ' by matrix199(m): 10:44am On Jan 03, 2021
[quote author=Rad459 post=97672466][/quote]

The power bank consists of more than 6 laptop batteries arranged either in series or parallel. In most cases, both series and parallel connection. Two batteries are either connected in parallel, then each parallel battery connection is connected in series. If one parallel batteries become drained beyond charge, it would affect the series connection. That explains why your power bank is not charging(showing red), but white(false indication). If you can DIY(do it yourself) open the power bank, observe the connection, if it's something you can work on, go buy laptop batteries or buy phone power bank, remove the batteries inside, use it to replace the drained/damaged batteries in the laptop power bank. But if you can't do it yourself, give it to a technician.
Re: ' by SweetBuns(f): 10:52am On Jan 03, 2021
one battery unit has little to zero voltage left so charging is near impossible

you can either jump start it or replace.... I'd advise replacing since jumpstarting it can affect the other batteries
Re: ' by Rad459(m): 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2021
matrix199:

The power bank consists of more than 6 laptop batteries arranged either in series or parallel. In most cases, both series and parallel connection. Two batteries are either connected in parallel, then each parallel battery connection is connected in series. If one parallel batteries become drained beyond charge, it would affect the series connection. That explains why your power bank is not charging(showing red), but white(false indication). If you can DIY(do it yourself) open the power bank, observe the connection, if it's something you can work on, go buy laptop batteries or buy phone power bank, remove the batteries inside, use it to replace the drained/damaged batteries in the laptop power bank. But if you can't do it yourself, give it to a technician.

Thanks.
Re: ' by Rad459(m): 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2021
SweetBuns:
one battery unit has little to zero voltage left so charging is near impossible

you can either jump start it or replace.... I'd advise replacing since jumpstarting it can affect the other batteries

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best MP3 Recorder For Windows 10/8/7 PC Or Mac? / How To Replace A Lost National Identity Number (NIN) Slip / Macbook Pro- 2012- 500gb Hdd-4gb Ram- Core I5- Keyboard Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.