Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,107 members, 7,849,454 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:54 PM

New Year Resolution Or Revolution - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Year Resolution Or Revolution (120 Views)

‘There Wil Be A Revolution In Nigeria’ – TB Joshua 2013 Video / Prepare For Revolution, Archbishop Of Enugu Tell Nigerians / So Hard To Keep New Year Resolution. How Is Yours? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Year Resolution Or Revolution by Rapture4real(m): 10:54am On Jan 03, 2021
[b][/b]

*New Year Resolution or Revolution*

_Rom. 7:15,25a “…. What I don’t understand about myself is that I decide one way, but then I act another… The answer, thank God, is that Jesus Christ can and does” MSG_

New Year Resolution has become an annual ritual where individuals determine to let go some bad habits or embark on a positive task. This resolution is always made at the beginning of each year. Each year is heralded with new hopes, new aspirations and new ambitions. Some people believe that the bad life they lived in the previous year should not be carried over to the New Year. Some young people may resolve to abandon such bad habits like sexually immoral life, fighting, gambling, smoking, lying etc. Resolution may be around getting closer to God, reading the Bible through, preaching the gospel and engaging in personal evangelism, reducing time spent on social media etc. Some people may have plans on what to achieve such as wedding, buying a car, travelling abroad, building a house, getting a job and what have you. The determination to follow up this resolution is very high at the beginning of the year but unfortunately after some few weeks or even days into the New Year, the passion begins to go down and the individuals soon relapse to their former old lifestyle. This becomes a recurring decimal year in and year out. Why? This resolution is based on the power of the flesh and by strength shall no man prevail I Sam.2:9b.

Our text shows Paul experiencing both resolution and revolution. He initially resolved not to do certain bad habits. He made a resolution to live right. But to his surprise, what he resolved not to do, that he found himself doing. He resolved one way but acted in another way contrary to his desire. He would have combined his resolution with fasting and prayer. When it seemed he has overcome it, the hydra headed monster of sin presented itself again. He later discovered that there was a human nature effecting this strange human desire Rom.7:17. He began to have breakthrough when there was a spiritual revolution effected by the power of the cross Gal. 2:20. According to the Message Bible Version, v.25a says, ‘The answer, thank God, is that Jesus can and does’. Revolution is a radical change or transformation of the human nature by the Holy Spirit, which enables individuals overcome flesh and do the biddings of the Lord Ezek. 36:26-27.

As you go this New Year 2021, do not depend on the resolution occasioned by mere human will or determination. Human strength does not take anybody far. It can break down and disappoint the owner anytime without notice. Human resolution, as laudable and sincere as it can be, cannot sustain man for too long because it is weakened by the flesh. Yield yourself to the Holy Spirit who will supply your strength to pursue what God has for you in the New Year Isa. 40:31, Rom. 8:1-8. Wishing you all the best in this year. Happy New Year.

*Prayer* : Holy Spirit, I yield myself unto you. Be my strength and guide me throughout this year in Jesus name. Amen.

*©Segun OSHO*

(1) (Reply)

The Preface (OIYW) / We Are At The Last Days. / Diversity Of Human Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.