Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Are Nurses Trained To Be Heartless And Arrogant - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are Nurses Trained To Be Heartless And Arrogant (389 Views)

Why Are Nurses Paid So Well In South Africa Than In Nigeria / How safe are nurses and doctors fighting the Coronavirus? / What Are Nurses Paid In Canada ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nurses Trained To Be Heartless And Arrogant by mike4zeal(m): 2:04pm On Jan 03, 2021
Have being hearing different people say nurses are wicked but I never believe it not until today. It's true that experience is the best teacher. I saw it with my koro koro eyes.

A woman was rushed to the hospital where I went to visit someone, she was bleeding seriously I guess it was miscarriage in a Keke. The women she entered the Keke with were the one running helter shelter trying to get a doctor to attend to her.

The nurse that was close by who I thought would rush to get a wheelchair or bed was just staring. She was not remorseful. What came out of her mouth surprised me. In a care free way, she said "go and look for bed yourself".

I was speechless hearing this and her behaviour was so irritating that I had to leave the hospital.
Re: Are Nurses Trained To Be Heartless And Arrogant by BigSquids: 2:06pm On Jan 03, 2021
I was dying. I entered the hospital with my last strength, brought all the cash in my wallet close to 20k. Should my arm and even called my pin and asked them to save me and I saw dying. This was 3.30pm. The Siri nurse carried her bag like a lady going to a guy's house that's not even interested in her and went away

I passed out and fainted there on the floor with vomits and all. I woke up after some while I can't say the time duration fainted back. Woke again fainted back. Your Nigerian nurses were gathered around gossiping.

It was one elderly woman nurse who saw the whole drama that came to my aid

Since that day I stopped valuing ladies of marriage able age.

Pure wicked demons. I got lucky I didn't die

In the hospital with the same attitude corpses were being carried out on a daily.

I got up after 5 days walked out and never went near the hospice again

Nurses aren't arrogant. Nurses are demons

When pregnant ladies go to them for care. Even at the point if pain they mock then saying when the thing was entering it was sweeping you and leave them unattended

2 Likes

Re: Are Nurses Trained To Be Heartless And Arrogant by hellohgy(m): 2:09pm On Jan 03, 2021
Nurses are not arrogant per say....

It is what has been projected for so long by people and patients...

Same thing as doctors and medical students( while they are still in school)...

When I say projected I meant a situation whereby you already have it in mind someone is arrogant so no matter what he or she does it still comes off as arrogant.
Re: Are Nurses Trained To Be Heartless And Arrogant by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 03, 2021
mike4zeal:
Have being hearing different people say nurses are wicked but I never believe it not until today. It's true that experience is the best teacher. I saw it with my koro koro eyes.

A woman was rushed to the hospital where I went to visit someone, she was bleeding seriously I guess it was miscarriage in a Keke. The women she entered the Keke with were the one running helter shelter trying to get a doctor to attend to her.

The nurse that was close by who I thought would rush to get a wheelchair or bed was just staring. She was not remorseful. What came out of her mouth surprised me. In a care free way, she said "go and look for bed yourself".

I was speechless hearing this and her behaviour was so irritating that I had to leave the hospital.

Generally, in this part of the world, people lack empathy and are insensitive. It shows in every aspect of life; from when we rob public property to enrich our pockets, to the looting of donations even to the hungry dispossessed refugees in IDP camps, and even the way school teachers demean and undermine our children's self esteem in front of their mates. It is only more obvious when medical personnel do it.

I personally believe it to be a cycle. Insensitive parents can only raise insensitive children, so the cycle goes on forever.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Nurses Trained To Be Heartless And Arrogant by Ofemmanu1: 2:15pm On Jan 03, 2021
hellohgy:

When I say projected I meant a situation whereby you already have it in mind someone is arrogant so no matter what he or she does it still comes off as arrogant.

So me that sees Nurses as olosho means it was projected!
Re: Are Nurses Trained To Be Heartless And Arrogant by Ofemmanu1: 2:16pm On Jan 03, 2021
hellohgy:

So me that sees Nurses as olosho means it was projected?!
Re: Are Nurses Trained To Be Heartless And Arrogant by Kriss216: 2:16pm On Jan 03, 2021
After Buhari, fear female Nurses!

They’re naturally sadists. I think there’s one chemical they inhale in hospitals that always make them wicked and heartless.

1 Like

Re: Are Nurses Trained To Be Heartless And Arrogant by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 03, 2021
Hi, if a lady is a victim of rape, doesn't mean she should have the mentality that men are demons.
The character of nurses depends on the hospital you go to, I reside in Lagos, so I can talk about here. For instance; when you visit First Consultant, you are going to meet nice nurses, buh when you visit general hospital, God help you.
It's just that some hospitals especially general hospitals in Lagos, only God knows where they recruit their nurses from.
Re: Are Nurses Trained To Be Heartless And Arrogant by Kingosytex(m): 2:25pm On Jan 03, 2021
Kriss216:
After Buhari, fear female Nurses!

They’re naturally sadists. I think there’s one chemical they inhale in hospitals that always make them wicked and heartless.

I don't really think so. I have met dozens of loving, caring and kind female nurses.

At some point, I thought that being nice and caring were some of the prerequisites of being a nurse.
Re: Are Nurses Trained To Be Heartless And Arrogant by yanabasee(m): 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2021
Nurses should try to introduce PUBLIC RELATIONS SKILLS program to the students from first year to their last year....

Thes people can misbehave if you are not handsome.
Re: Are Nurses Trained To Be Heartless And Arrogant by brodalikeme(m): 2:55pm On Jan 03, 2021
I guess you’re saying Nigerian nurses.
Re: Are Nurses Trained To Be Heartless And Arrogant by Protein0: 4:16pm On Jan 03, 2021
Most people will actually be sharing their experiences with quacks and not lisenced nurses.
An average private hospital in Nigeria does not even have a lisenced nurse.

I'm not saying there are no rude/arrogant nurses, there are bad eggs in every sector of life. There are bad clerics sef, but nursing is always not so fortunate that the offenses of non-nurses are pinned on her. It's sad really.

Nursing is perhaps the most wrongly perceived profession in this part of the world. To an average Nigerian, any female working in an hospital is a nurse.
Re: Are Nurses Trained To Be Heartless And Arrogant by sade38436: 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2021
Nurses should try to introduce PUBLIC RELATIONS SKILLS program to the students from first year to their last year....Thes people can misbehave if you are not handsome.

(1) (Reply)

Help I Think I'm Having Erectile Dysfunction / Vozol BAR - Ultra-thin 11mm 1000 Puff Disposable Vape / The Mental Warfare (depression; How It Works?) Get My Self-help Manual On Amazon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.