Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,815 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies (2272 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / Bible Prophecies: Who Is Olumba Olumba Obu? / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by KunleOshob(m): 9:20am On Apr 01, 2011
^^^
How will the number be complete grin uncle joe is up to his usual pranks.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 9:39am On Apr 01, 2011
SPECIFIC DATING IN PROPHECIES

Slavery of israel in Egypt 
Genesis 15:13
And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land [that is] not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years; 14 And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.

One beautiful thing is the specific dates God gives in prophecies. He mentioned how long it would be 400. 

We all read how isreal migrated to Egypt through famine  and later became slaves after Joseph died , they used them to build Egypt and the pyramids . Even though the Egyptians today deny this that their precious pyramids were not build but slaves but by Experts! . 

Now let's look at the fulfilment. Of the 400 years  and precisely 400 years later .

Exodus 12:40-41
40 Now the sojourn of the children of Israel who lived in Egypt was four hundred and thirty years. 41 And it came to pass at the end of the[b] four hundred and thirty years[/b]—on that very same day—it came to pass that all the armies of the Lord went out from the land of Egypt.

Also God said he would judge or discipline that nation. He did with 10 plagues which  like  insult to their 10 major gods. 

The third part of the prophecy says they would leave Egypt with great substance. 

14. . , ,and afterward shall they come out with great substance. . .

This was really fulfilled , Israel left Egypt with great substance . "They spoiled the Egyptians " (Ex 12:36)  

Exodus 12:36
36 And the Lord had given the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they granted them what they requested. Thus they plundered the Egyptians

Prophecy fulfilled !.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 9:49am On Apr 01, 2011
Snowwy:

@Joagbaje,
I wonder why you bother. Even if their ilk see the person raised up they will not believe. I don't think its right to paste the number (it's not even complete), name here as you should have discerned the intent of Earwide's heart. He has called the scriptures 'abstract nonsense', on another thread though, so trying to prove anything will only cause more 'sorrows'. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Thanks advise Taken , i will remove it. I had told him to reach me privately. I don't have anything to hide because it's true.

KunleOshob:

^^^
How will the number be complete grin uncle joe is up to his usual pranks.
It must have be mistake. But I'm taking it off.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Snowwy: 9:50am On Apr 01, 2011
@Joagbaje,
Very true. So seemingly the 30 years were the years of enjoyment in Goshen before the afflication from Pharaoh began.
God's word is truly complete.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 9:57am On Apr 01, 2011
^^^
Pls tell us about the 30 years.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by EarsWide(m): 10:13am On Apr 01, 2011
@Snowy
So you believe Jo's claim of raising someone from the dead ? If he really did this, do you think he will have time to be typing in this forum - he should be inundated with people coming to him for healing, abi ? Why dont you people think a bit before writing nonsense ?

@Joagabje
Where and when did you raise this person ? Was it covered on the news ? If not, why not ? Such an occurrence surely cannot go unreported.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 10:32am On Apr 01, 2011
^^^^
why do you want to deliberately derail my thread which has a purpose. Why not resurrect the other thread.But you're supposed to be a christian
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 10:41am On Apr 01, 2011
Snowwy:

@Joagbaje,
Very true. So seemingly the 30 years were the years of enjoyment in Goshen before the afflication from Pharaoh began.
God's word is truly complete.

I think I get your point on the 30 years of Goshen , I was wondering what went wrong. If God had said 400 years in genesis how come it turned to 430 years in exodus? .

Thanks for the contribution
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by PastorAIO: 10:48am On Apr 01, 2011
Joagbaje:

I think I get your point on the 30 years of Goshen , I was wondering what went wrong. If God had said 400 years in genesis how come it turned to 430 years in exodus? .

Thanks for the contribution

Maybe it's just an approximation. A rounding off of the numbers. Even Jesus did not stay dead for a whole 3 days and 3 nights.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by mabell: 10:58am On Apr 01, 2011
@EarsWide,
are you Sirjohn
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Snowwy: 12:21pm On Apr 01, 2011
@ Joe,
I am not sure really thats why I said 'seemingly'. When I was less busy I tried to calculate if the 30 years was before or after the 400 years.
I was able to get that Joseph was 30 years when he stood before Pharaoh, he spoke about the 7 years of plenty and 7 years of famine.

In the 2nd year of the 7 years of famine was when his brothers came to see him and he convinced them to bring his father.
he would therefore have been 30years + 7years + 2years and lets approximate it at 40years when he saw his dad.

He however died at 110years means the Israelites might have enjoyed for (110-40yrs) 70years in the land of Goshen before a new Pharaoh arose.

It is still sketchy therefore and I have not had time to take a relook at the scriptures before and after the 400years.

I will, however, revert back on any findings when I am less busy.
cheers.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Sweetnecta: 12:54pm On Apr 01, 2011
since you guys are on the topic of Joseph in Egypt, and the hardship of the Children of Israel there [not called jews at that time, if you care to know], which in the long run led to the rise of Moses and the final exit of his people with him; are you guys saying that after the death of Joseph, his people fell victims to [new] pharaoh, immediately, without any reason? This is a two part question needing answer[s]; how long after Joseph before the hardship fell on the israelites and what is the reason that they fell from grace?

I am a muslim and I will like to ask if there is any prophesy that was unfulfilled in the Bible? I will concentrate on the New Testament, because since you guys are christians, you may argue that the failure of OT is the very reason NT was revealed. Tell the world, if you know when Jesus returned to his disciple because he said he will comeback for them while they were still [if not but some] alive. Is there a disciple not dead yet, or did Jesus returned for them, already as he PROPHESIED?
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 2:22pm On Apr 01, 2011
We will get to the new testament surely.
Sweetnecta:

I am a muslim and I will like to ask if there is any prophesy that was unfulfilled in the Bible? I will concentrate on the New Testament, because since you guys are christians, you may argue that the failure of OT is the very reason NT was revealed.

Prophecies have no restrictions. From OT to NT prophecy ic prophecy.

Tell the world, if you know when Jesus returned to his disciple because he said he will comeback for them while they were still [if not but some] alive. Is there a disciple not dead yet, or did Jesus returned for them, already as he PROPHESIED?

You have to specify. When you talk about a prophecy ,you need to quote it out as proper reference. Some prophecy sounds alike. We shouldnt work with assumption. So kindly quote the scriptural reverence thanks.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Kay17: 4:20pm On Apr 01, 2011
God promises Abram and his descendants all of the land of Canaan. But both history and the bible (Acts 7:5 and Heb.11:13) show that God's promise to Abram was not fulfilled. Gen 13:15, 15:18, 17:8, 28:13-14
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Kay17: 4:25pm On Apr 01, 2011
God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day Gen (1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them? Gen 1:3-5
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 4:35pm On Apr 01, 2011
Kay 17:

God promises Abram and his descendants all of the land of Canaan. But both history and the bible (Acts 7:5 and Heb.11:13) show that God's promise to Abram was not fulfilled. Gen 13:15, 15:18, 17:8, 28:13-14

It's not so .The promise is fulfilled in christ and us. The promise was not made to Abraham and descedamts ,it was made for abraham and his Seed not Seeds. It refers to christ. We and christ

Galatians 3:16
16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ.

We and christbare one. Abraham owns the world christ owns the world . We own the world in christ. YOu Own KOSmos (YOOKOS) grin

But on a serious note . This is the truth. We own everything.

Galatians 3:14
14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus. . .

The prophecy will still have future fulfilment upon natural israel also because they will join us, but the Initial plan was for us to join them. But now they will join us when God finally graft them back.

Israel
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2011
hey mr joe, i added you on facebook, will apreciate if you accept my request
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 5:25pm On Apr 01, 2011
Pls give me a hint through my box . I don't know which of the names is yours. Donlitle is not there.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2011
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by aletheia(m): 10:50pm On Apr 02, 2011
ogajim:

Hidden in plain sight in a VERY popular art form!
^I agree; but nonetheless, there still remains a remnant of the physical descendants (sephardim vs ashkenazim?) of Abraham. Remember God's promise to Abraham also involved his physical descendants.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Sweetnecta: 12:53pm On Apr 03, 2011
@Joagbaje; Mark 13 is a very interesting read. It actually shows how impossible Jesus could have been so hungry enough to be so unaware by it to the point that he curse a fig tree that did not fruit out of season. Jesus said that the summer is the fruiting season of fig, read it yourself. thats just by the way along with others.

Please tell me this prophesy below in Mark 13, is fulfilled already. otherwise, there is a big problem. read all of Mark 13, before and after this verse below along with it to put it in its context. read it as long as you want.

30 I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened

verse 31 says heavens and earth will pass away, but his word will not pass away. Why is the above not fulfilled yet, or has it? If if has, why are the christians waiting for a 'second coming"? Somtinrung here.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by nuella2(f): 10:56am On Apr 04, 2011
Very inspiring thread.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by aletheia(m): 3:26pm On Apr 04, 2011
Sweetnecta:

30 I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened

verse 31 says heavens and earth will pass away, but his word will not pass away. Why is the above not fulfilled yet, or has it? If if has, why are the christians waiting for a 'second coming"? Somtinrung here.
^What are you nattering on about? Nothing wrong there. So long as there remains alive one Jew in this world, then it shows the truth and power of Jesus' words and the impotence of Allah. So long as in Jerusalem, there is still a Jewish presence, so long does it stand as a testimony to Islam and all who disbelieve that Jesus is Messiah and God. For indeed, heaven and earth shall not pass away until, all that is written is fulfilled.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Sweetnecta: 3:13am On Apr 05, 2011
^^^^^ Lol. i know he can't take it.

joagbaje left his dirty work for those that it fit.

There is nothing about jews there, but the disciples.

there were 12 of them and they are all dead and gone.

you have to do better than provide such a weak excuse for an obvious gaffe; i mean failed prophesy. if you insist that it is the jew, then i will say that the message that was 'originally' to the jew is to kept, still to the jew [only].
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Sweetnecta: 3:15am On Apr 05, 2011
and 'this' generation had long passed away, yet the verse was unfulfilled.

@joagbaje; where are you?
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by aletheia(m): 4:21am On Apr 05, 2011
^Who is "this generation" referring to? Since you claim to know.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by SirJohn(m): 7:13am On Apr 05, 2011
mabell:

@EarsWide,
are you Sirjohn

^^^@mabell, you must think that every other person is a coward and two faced like (some of) you. For your information we do not all have multiple ID's like you. I have been posting on NL since 2007 and have never used any ID besides SirJohn.

By the way Jo, nice thread
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Sweetnecta: 9:05pm On Apr 05, 2011
Generation disciple.

Jesus, according to the bible was talking to them.

Thank God that some people do think. No one but his generation did Jesus address.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by aletheia(m): 11:17pm On Apr 05, 2011
^Failed the question. The word "generation" has several meanings. You are just running with one of them.

Here are other meanings:
Webster's Dictionary of American English 1828 edition]Generation. n
4. Genealogy; a series of children or descendants from the same stock.
5. A family; a race.
6. Progeny; offspring.[/quote]
Example: Gen 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam.

So you see the prophecy refers to the nation of Israel; the "family" or "race" of Jews; the "progeny" or "offspring" of Abraham through Isaac.

[quote author=aletheia:

So long as there remains alive one Jew in this world, then it shows the truth and power of Jesus' words and the impotence of Allah. So long as in Jerusalem, there is still a Jewish presence, so long does it stand as a testimony to Islam and all who disbelieve that Jesus is Messiah and God. For indeed, heaven and earth shall not pass away until, all that is written is fulfilled.

The Jews (physical descendants of Abraham) and the Christians (spiritual descendants of Abraham) have not passed away despite your efforts. . .and so it is proven that Allah is a false god.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by LagosShia: 11:42pm On Apr 05, 2011
for the benefit of those unaware please visit the thread below-

False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible):

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=550247.msg7149367#msg7149367
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Sweetnecta: 2:03am On Apr 06, 2011
[Quote]« #60 on: Yesterday at 11:17:27 PM »

^Failed the question. The word "generation" has several meanings. You are just running with one of them.

Here are other meanings:
Quote from: Webster's Dictionary of American English 1828 edition
Generation. n
4. Genealogy; a series of children or descendants from the same stock.
5. A family; a race.
6. Progeny; offspring.
Example: Gen 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam.

So you see the prophecy refers to the nation of Israel; the "family" or "race" of Jews; the "progeny" or "offspring" of Abraham through Isaac.

Quote from: aletheia on April 04, 2011, 03:26 PM
So long as there remains alive one Jew in this world, then it shows the truth and power of Jesus' words and the impotence of Allah. So long as in Jerusalem, there is still a Jewish presence, so long does it stand as a testimony to Islam and all who disbelieve that Jesus is Messiah and God. For indeed, heaven and earth shall not pass away until, all that is written is fulfilled.

The Jews (physical descendants of Abraham) and the Christians (spiritual descendants of Abraham) have not passed away despite your efforts. . .and so it is proven that Allah is a false god.[/Quote]If Jesus was addressing other people that his disciple, we may say that you have something in what you cooked up, above.

Unfortunately, Jesus made his '12 followers' believed he was going to be back while all of them or at least some or one of them remained on earth. Many a christian writers explained that the disciples believed this 'end of time' by his return to them, that they acquired little or nothing of worldly things. and they waited until they perished waiting.

other generations in the past have predicted he was returning in their times, with disastrous result because he has not returned. some are even proposing that the world is ending sometimes in May, and they have cleverly ruled out the return of Jesus, altogether.

if christians who are not in the habit of circumcision are laying claims to Abraham, i wonder what happened to the sign of covenant? Paul probably canceled that, too?

we in Islam have the most right to Ibrahim and each of the messengers and prophets [as] of God Almighty, over and above any right that Jews and or Christians can ever claim. but thats another show entirely.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by aletheia(m): 3:58am On Apr 06, 2011
^Off point. Are there Jews in Jerusalem today? If yes, then Jesus' words are true that this generation shall not pass away.

Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. (Isaiah 66:cool

On May 14, 1948, the nation of Israel was reborn after close to 2000 years of non-existence in part fulfillment of the prophecy of Moses to the children of Israel:

That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee. If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee: And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. (Deuteronomy 30:3-5)

Does Israel possess the Jerusalem today or not? This is a straightforward question that you know the answer to. Think about it. Better still, why don't you research all the bible prophecies pertaining to Israel and Jerusalem and see what you come up with. Shalom aleichem.  smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where To Find A REAL Prophet Of God In Lagos? / The Real "Apostle" Paul / Catholic Priest Wakes Up From Comaafter 17 Months, Converts To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.