Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Re: 2011 Election Break For Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Re: 2011 Election Break For Universities (552 Views)

OAU Students Kick Against ‘No Election Break’ Declaration / JAMB 2013 Cut-off For Universities 180 & Polytechnics 150 / Jamb Cut Off Marks For Universities And Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: 2011 Election Break For Universities by FOCUSKAY: 10:27pm On Mar 29, 2011
I think the topic should read-2011 Election Break for Students of TERTIARY/HIGHER institutions rather than what it is. May be the poster is one of these opportuned  young uni chaps. Not really ur fault. The system is so misleading that people think of no other place than the university. Dont be deceived. I am a product of the polytechnic & the uni. The difference is much. Back in my ND days,most people that were withdrawn from the poly for below average performance got admission into d uni and graduated. How do we classify those? My younger brother, an engineering student in one of d unis,recently asked me a question. He said,"bro, why those DIRECT ENTRY students too dey show themselves?". I answered, u no fit compare. Ask the graduates of OAU, that ever had encounter with FEDPOLY EDE cross overs, they will give u the gist. Though, it also depends on the individual student. It is the stuff u re made of not ur poly or uni cert that takes u there. House, sorry for the digression. Just trying to put the fact straight. Looking forward to see a topic on this soonest. In fact, what do u need a break for? Most schools just resumed. Go out and vote on the election day. Be a good student and go back to ur apartment/hostel after casting ur vote.BE WISE, VOTE SENSIBLY AND MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE. Thanks.
Re: Re: 2011 Election Break For Universities by maworld: 11:09pm On Mar 29, 2011
Focuskay dat was a neccessary digression.there seems so be a big complex btw poly,uni n FCE schools.durin my service year,a guy looked at me cv n saw My ND qualification and made a silly remark that even when he discovered that my ND is from a university and not a poly like he assumed,i still couldnt stand him cos he was so mundane in his thinking to assume Uni better than Poly.He lost the chance to date me.
Re: Re: 2011 Election Break For Universities by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 29, 2011
FOCUSKAY:

I think the topic should read-2011 Election Break for Students of TERTIARY/HIGHER institutions rather than what it is. May be the poster is one of these opportuned  young uni chaps. Not really your fault. The system is so misleading that people think of no other place than the university. Dont be deceived. I am a product of the polytechnic & the uni. The difference is much. Back in my ND days,most people that were withdrawn from the poly for below average performance got admission into d uni and graduated. How do we classify those? My younger brother, an engineering student in one of d unis,recently asked me a question. He said,"bro, why those DIRECT ENTRY students too dey show themselves?". I answered, u no fit compare. Ask the graduates of OAU, that ever had encounter with FEDPOLY EDE cross overs, they will give u the gist. Though, it also depends on the individual student. It is the stuff u re made of not your poly or uni cert that takes u there. House, sorry for the digression. Just trying to put the fact straight. Looking forward to see a topic on this soonest. In fact, what do u need a break for? Most schools just resumed. Go out and vote on the election day. Be a good student and go back to your apartment/hostel after casting your vote.BE WISE, VOTE SENSIBLY AND MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE. Thanks.  
story! Story!!

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ado Ekiti Post Utme / Maps.ua / Provision For Masters Degree Programme In North America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.