Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Don't Be Like Your Parents - Have A Good Relationship With Your Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Be Like Your Parents - Have A Good Relationship With Your Children (409 Views)

Why Do Poor Parents Have More Children Than Rich Parents? (pictures) / Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? / What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Be Like Your Parents - Have A Good Relationship With Your Children by ludot(m): 7:00pm On Jan 03, 2021
I saw a thread on Twitter where Nigerians commented on the lack of good relationships with their parents - mainly the fathers. It breaks my heart as I could relate to it.

This should not continue with our generation.

Examples of such comments are below...

Re: Don't Be Like Your Parents - Have A Good Relationship With Your Children by Uyi168: 7:05pm On Jan 03, 2021
Many naija parents don't really know anything about parenting..
All they keep screaming is "I'm your father! I gave birth to you!

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be Like Your Parents - Have A Good Relationship With Your Children by donbachi(m): 7:11pm On Jan 03, 2021
Naija parents be like "na for only food,dem dey know u,atimes i dey wonder if na me born u"..most of na ambassadors of wrong parenthood.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Like Your Parents - Have A Good Relationship With Your Children by yanabasee(m): 7:55pm On Jan 03, 2021
As a man.....I'll become a father someday.... I've placed my heart to understand that men receive less the glory of bringing up children.....

I questioned myself and asked me, who amongst my parents that I love the most and I chose my mother and I asked my friends and they chose their mother....

Then I realized that, as a father, your responsibility is to work to raise the money, where your wife gets it and buy things for the kids....

You can easily tell your kids that you don't have money, but you can't tell your wife that you don't have money...

Husband ensure that his family have a roof to and shelter, but because mother's ensure that everyone eats, she is loved more than the husband...

On behalf of all the intending fathers......I say, God have mercy on us....

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Like Your Parents - Have A Good Relationship With Your Children by angelEmade: 7:59pm On Jan 03, 2021
you all have to meet my lovely Dad.
Greatest dad in the world!

(1) (Reply)

Bed Bugs Infestations In Lagos / Brand New 20litre Hisense Microwave / Worry No More. Get Your Instant Loan Paid Into Your Account Within Hours.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.