Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres (22775 Views)

General HD Tafida Orders Torture Of 4 Abuja Electricity Workers Over Bills / FG Orders Immediate Closure Of Enrolment Activities At NIMC Headquarters / NIN: Crowd And No Social Distancing At NIMC Office, Ikeja (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by Owiii(m): 8:14am On Jan 04, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Good one, the ones in PH should also be monitored, during the lock down I was asked to bring 10k for instant processing of NIN,
What fu'ckery?
I paid 4k before in for my NIN in April in Portharcourt. When you get to their office along Aba road, those guys at the gate will approach you and tell you that there is a place you will get it same day. When we got there, you will see NIMC staffs running their thing there, making money for themselves while people are at their office struggling under the sun to get it done.
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by toprealman: 8:31am On Jan 04, 2021
Audio suspension
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by ojesymsym: 8:34am On Jan 04, 2021
As a matter of fact, the pre registration process is online (except they changed it), all people actually need to go and do is to print out their pre-registration form and go and do data capture.
Sunnydoo:
I wonder why it's not done online.

Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by criuze(m): 8:37am On Jan 04, 2021
Exc2000:
cool

This Issa Pantami guy is taking everything like war....

Few months ago when I did my NIN at Oyo State Secretariat , DSS were literally on ground,

I still paid bribe and got smuggled in, Foolish officials asked if anybody extorted me and I said fvck NO... But with little money I got in and got out real quick, capturing was fast

where is the future,

if you can proudly come here to boast of bribing a government official

You should be arrested immedietly

1 Like

Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by Olunmercy56(f): 8:43am On Jan 04, 2021
Nato008:

school ? secondary school really?

It's a group of schools, the pupils underaged registered too
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by YngDenzel1: 8:51am On Jan 04, 2021
seunmsg:

To some of you, It is always about the government and never about the people doing the wrong thing. If government have to send agents to every single petrol station, NIMC registration center, Disco, Embassy, Immigration office, Custom office, FIRS office, etc before Nigerians can do things properly, it shows something is definitely wrong somewhere. Can we even afford such a huge monitoring cost?

See, the change we want begins with each and everyone of us. The government is a product of the society and a reflection of who we are as a people. If we want Nigeria to work, we the people of Nigeria must make it work and not the other way round.
Oga, you have a point in the aspect of Nigerians being the change, but you're WRONG! The monitoring is very very important and it's a part of a every working society if you check closely.

America is a case study, every fvcking agency in the US has a department that keeps everything in check, you won't know until you fvckup.

Nobody wants to go to jail, so, everyone behaves.

The white man is no different from the black man, they just have a system that keeps them in-check.

Cc GMBuhari
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by Dottore: 8:52am On Jan 04, 2021
Virtually all the ones in SS and South East are culprits. They extort from 3k to 10k. They are having a field day.
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by Bankalert(m): 9:02am On Jan 04, 2021
criuze:

where is the future,

if you can proudly come here to boast of bribing a government official

You should be arrested immedietly

nonsense! Go and arrest him nah. Nigerians deceiving themselves that the country will do a 360 turnaround in corruption. Everybody is corrupt in Nigeria one way or the other. It is not only when you bribe that corruption has taken place.
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by Ugandatales: 9:16am On Jan 04, 2021
blackpanda:

Which checks Is it not human being u will used to do the checks? All u will achieve is more people demanding for bribe from d public. U sef think it thru

Lol
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by Poloyanabo2(m): 9:18am On Jan 04, 2021
Owiii:

I paid 4k before in for my NIN in April in Portharcourt. When you get to their office along Aba road, those guys at the gate will approach you and tell you that there is a place you will get it same day. When we got there, you will see NIMC staffs running their thing there, making money for themselves while people are at their office struggling under the sun to get it done.
And the secret place is NIS(immigration) office at mile one flyover.
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by criuze(m): 9:22am On Jan 04, 2021
Bankalert:
nonsense! Go and arrest him nah. Nigerians deceiving themselves that the country will do a 360 turnaround in corruption. Everybody is corrupt in Nigeria one way or the other. It is not only when you bribe that corruption has taken place.

the journey is tough,

if you've lost hope many still keep the light

if you have fallen dont make others lick dust with you
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by Fifi2017: 9:46am On Jan 04, 2021
cool
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by Nato008(m): 10:42am On Jan 04, 2021
Olunmercy56:

It's a group of schools, the pupils underaged registered too
jeez...thought there was age restriction
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 04, 2021
capatainrambo:
Stupid govt demanding bvn to do nin. Even when they know they cant secure data.

All una bvn details dey dark web, make I just tell una so undecided

And what will they do with it in darkweb?
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by randy01(m): 11:46am On Jan 04, 2021
Every avenue is to make money for Nigeria.
Later they will start blaming government.
As if it is not one of us Nigerian who is in government.i do mine here in Abuja gwawalada last year Nd I do it free of charge.maybe they have start collecting money now that everyone need it
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by winny4u: 12:06pm On Jan 04, 2021
Please how can i repot the ongoing Extortion in my local Goverment? I share the video on facebook can you forward it to them? https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2846799002255565&id=100007764786661&ref=bookmarks
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by Grucho1(m): 12:10pm On Jan 04, 2021
At pankshin plateau state we paid between #300 to #500 to get registered..small money? But still we er been extorted... Nigeria really is a zoo
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by noble2faith(m): 12:11pm On Jan 04, 2021
Kingosytex:
Every opportunity in Nigeria is an avenue of making money.

Greed runs in the veins of an average Nigerian, that is just the way it is. No amount of prayer or fasting can remove it.

As in ehn, my brother! A cousin of mine told me ₦3200 was collected from him for registration. He was not the only one that registered. They were more than 200 that registered. Imagine the amount of money they would extort from them.
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by sirqeeboi(m): 12:15pm On Jan 04, 2021
Nigerians with extortion are 5&6
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by fabolouz1(m): 12:15pm On Jan 04, 2021
When president Obasanjo was in the helm of affairs , Then IG of police - Tafa Balogun was handcuffed , hundreds of police officers collecting illegal levies from road blocks were man handled and dismissed ,but did it stop? No ,because it was just a cosmetic surgery .
This is exactly what Patanmi is doing.
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by Olunmercy56(f): 1:05pm On Jan 04, 2021
AgainstIslam:

Yo are part of the problem. If you have tried to do this long go without waiting until it became compulsory, no one will extort you.
I did mine in 2014 at their main office after the one at the Secretariat were trying to extort me. Let's stop giving money to all this government officials and you'd see improvement in their performance.

And who said I did do it before? I went to the place for like 3 years, no ID card. Why jumping into conclusions You are really the part of Nigerian's problem.
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by AgainstIslam(f): 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2021
Olunmercy56:

And who said I did do it before? I went to the place for like 3 years, no ID card. Why jumping into conclusions You are really the part of Nigerian's problem.

My apologies. I was only angry at the way you were extorted.
Take care bro.
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by Olunmercy56(f): 2:24pm On Jan 04, 2021
AgainstIslam:

My apologies. I was only angry at the way you were extorted.
Take care bro.

cheesy cheesy I'm a lady sir
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by GMBuhari: 6:10pm On Jan 04, 2021
YngDenzel1:
Oga, you have a point in the aspect of Nigerians being the change, but you're WRONG! The monitoring is very very important and it's a part of a every working society if you check closely.

America is a case study, every fvcking agency in the US has a department that keeps everything in check, you won't know until you fvckup.

The white man is no different from the black man, they just have a system that keeps them in-check.

Cc GMBuhari

May God bless you abundantly, I decided not to respond to him because I wasn't in the mood

Yeah Nigerians need to change but the reason why Nigerians are reckless is because there's hardly any punishment for crimes especially political class, no accountability, no retribution

Nigerians are desperate because the political class, their rich friends oppress them on daily, why do you think yahoo is so popular?

Before I miss road you are absolutely correct the American police have internal affairs undercover cops between themselves and nobody knows who is or who isn't working

Same as fbi, same as their working class, someone is always monitoring and checking activities of fellow workers , why do you think they always have enough evidence and prosecute effectively?

Having a monitoring team does not mean literally recruiting everybody, some very few people with real loyalty to their job and their country is enough
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by GMBuhari: 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2021
seunmsg:

To some of you, It is always about the government and never about the people doing the wrong thing. If government have to send agents to every single petrol station, NIMC registration center, Disco, Embassy, Immigration office, Custom office, FIRS office, etc before Nigerians can do things properly, it shows something is definitely wrong somewhere. Can we even afford such a huge monitoring cost?

See, the change we want begins with each and everyone of us. The government is a product of the society and a reflection of who we are as a people. If we want Nigeria to work, we the people of Nigeria must make it work and not the other way round.

Learn from this guy

YngDenzel1:

Cc GMBuhari

And after that read my response to him
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by Denko2721987(m): 6:34pm On Jan 04, 2021
1x2x3:

You are obviously naive and don't know what govt structure is. Can ordinary citizen make law and enforce it? Laws are there to checkmate such things and enforcement is also by the government. Take away law and enforcement in USA and it will turn to another corruption ground.

And who is government to begin with? Who is elected into the position to government to make and ensure laws are enforced? Do they fall from the sky? Were they not all a part of society before they went on to become government and law enforcers?? When you have a morally decadent people getting into positions of power who then make laws they can easily manipulate and circumvent then what becomes of the law and its enforcement Abi are u ignorant or blind to the realities of your country Nigeria
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by Minjim: 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2021
They should open a WhatsApp number where we can report these people.
At Festac LGA they are asking for 10k. At most LGA in Lagos the story is the same
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by Minjim: 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2021
seunmsg:

Agreed most Nigerians are terrible people .
If someone in government puts it's foot down good things will happen.
At Festac LGA they are asking for 10k. Who do I report to?
But if we are given a number to lodge complaints to, together we will make use of it. No one likes to be cheated.
And some of us want a better Nigeria
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by Buffalo2(m): 7:44pm On Jan 04, 2021
They are doing worse at The Bells University Centre in Ota. They collect 5k and still harras people. I learnt they have relocated to Ijoko on 2nd of January to continue their business.
Re: NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres by ebenmosi360(m): 8:22pm On Jan 04, 2021
When I did mine we had to contribute to buy fuel for them to start the engine so we all could register at lokoja centre. at that point I discovered it will not be well with this country till somebody saves us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jacob Zuma To Attend Inauguration Of Nigerian President / Edo Modular Refinery Project To Drive Industrial Revolution (Video) / Zahra Buhari Resumes #inconversationwithzahra Show After Months Of Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.