Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,898 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Christianity, The Faith My Father Practice, And What It Is Today....... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Christianity, The Faith My Father Practice, And What It Is Today....... (176 Views)

My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! / Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men / I Just Cut The Cord With My Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christianity, The Faith My Father Practice, And What It Is Today....... by sirjamesjnr(m): 8:26am On Jan 04, 2021
I will encourage members of families who have no business in the household of faith not to comment on this thread. It is not a thread to mock Christianity but to search our soul as Christians and make amend where we can because Right makes Might.

INTRO
The church business was my family business. My father's church was and is still a global church( church in the class of Methodist Church Nigeria, The Apostolic Church Nigeria, Church of Nigeria ANGLICAN, Roman Catholic Church ETC). As a family, we paid our dues both in resources and physical presence. My father's duty was to plant churches from his resources, taking care of the weak and needy. My mom dedicated all her life to working in the vineyard. Growing up, it was either you were totally committed to the faith or you were an outcast.
I do not need to bother you with this detail, but you can see I have the moral right to have a say in what has become today's Christianity.

The Christianity my father and many others like him then practiced was a blessing and it's still today. Christianity gives structure to people's lives and thereby to society. Christianity encourages humanity to be good, to help one another, to be tolerant and respectful, and urges self-restraint and generosity among other things.

In the days of my father, the Church shaped our family and society. Quality and affordable schools of learning were some of the legacies of olden days Christians. Some of the best Science and technology schools we have around presently are the product of the selfless effort of our fathers.
Early Christians in Nigeria were not perfect in their walk with God, but they held their head high. Leaving behind a good legacy and Heaven was their target.
So, What has become of Christianity today?
A set of people who are bent on accumulating wealth and more importantly, gain power over the adherents to the faith.
Achieve the above by exploiting the human fear of death and brainwashing the adherents into believing that their doctrines and vain words are the only true and correct and nothing else, not even the Holy book.
Most Nigerian churches haven't become a curse. It forces people to rely on false hope of quick wealth rather than Biblical facts and evidence. By its nature, it discourages critical thinking(allowing the Holy Spirit to commune with your spirit man) … After all their fake doctrines have all the answers their followers need.
By consuming people's minds and conflicting with the good doctrine based on biblical principles, it has and is holding us back in terms of solving the serious problems facing humanity and the planet today, e.g. creating dysfunctional families and people as a result. This set of people divide us and creates conflict, just look around your environment today. These people who called themselves leaders of the church put their false hope(faith) before Biblical facts and ultimately the truth.

Our churches are so bad to an extent we have Criminals, some bad politicians having a field day in our churches. We have church leaders who are competing with satan to outdo each other. we now have all kinds of evil practicing in the name of doctrine. There is no compassion, no empathy, love, and mercy in the church of God today. Church supposed to render services to humanity, thereby glorifying the body of Christ but what do we have now, a business avenue for the ungodly. 'Pastorpreneurship' has become the new oil.

I will sum it up by saying it is the ultimate expression of human fallibility and the long Suffering of our God.
If we (Christians) are focusing on living the best life we can, we are spreading our light to others. In hopes that they may also pursue oneness with life. So in this sense, our Church becomes a blessing.
I’ve found people who have faith and not church fanatics much more accepting of other people, than people who just have a church membership card and have no real communion with the Lord. But the questions we should ask ourselves are;

How did we get here?

Is there any possible solution?

What is the way forward?

We can talk about this at length, but this is just my opinion.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me In The Name Of God Please / Letters To Mààmíi (A Powerful Poem That Can Save Your Marriage) By Ololade Edun / How To Relax Your Body In Daily Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.