Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Deeper Life High School VS Don Davies: Our Demand For #100 Million Still Stands - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Deeper Life High School VS Don Davies: Our Demand For #100 Million Still Stands (463 Views)

Soldiers Intercept ₦100 Million Cash Collected By Bandits As Ransom (video) / Pastors Austin Emmanuel & Peter Davies Arrested For Raping Corper In Rivers / Daibo Toju Davies Jumped Off The Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deeper Life High School VS Don Davies: Our Demand For #100 Million Still Stands by butterfly777(m): 8:57am On Jan 04, 2021
News updates reveal that contrary to her earlier video denying that she demanded for #100 million naira from Deeper Life School, the victim's mother is (now) in support of the demand.

Deeper Life School: Victim’s mother misunderstood N100 million demand – Lawyer
Mrs Archibong’s lawyer, David Okokon, told PREMIUM TIMES, Sunday, that his client, because of the way people misinterpreted the demand, thought the N100 million demand was for the settlement of the case.
ByCletus Ukpong January 3, 2021 2 min read

A lawyer representing a woman whose 11-year-old son was alleged to have been sexually abused by two senior students of Deeper Life High School, Uyo, said the woman initially misunderstood the N100 million demand to mean foreclosure of the case.

The woman, Deborah Archibong, stirred confusion, Saturday, on social media when she said via Facebook live broadcast that she did not authorise the lawyer to demand N100 million compensation from Deeper Life High School.

“Someone said I demanded N100 million, I didn’t demand any money. I have not told any lawyer to go and collect N100 million,” Mrs Archibong said.

“I am a petty trader, I deal in jewellery. All I told the lawyer is that I want justice (for my son). If justice is that way they are doing it, I don’t know,” the woman added.

Prompted by Mrs Archibong’s denial, Facebook and Twitter users started tagging as fake any news reports on the N100 million demand.

Mrs Archibong’s lawyer, David Okokon, told PREMIUM TIMES, Sunday, that his client, because of the way people misinterpreted the demand, thought the N100 million demand was for the settlement of the case.

“She was activated by bombardment of pressure from fans who called her in misunderstanding that N100 million was meant to be a foreclosure of the case.

“Our demand for N100 million still stands and it’s certainly not to foreclose the case,” Mr Okokon said, explaining that the money is meant to cover the victim’s medical treatment.

“The position of the N100 million (demand) is the position of the mother, it is the position of the father, and it is the position of the legal team,” he said.

Mrs Archibong subsequently posted a statement on Facebook directing interested members of the public to talk to her lawyer, Mr Okokon, a development the lawyer said is a pointer that she was okay with the legal steps.

The lawyer said her client taking the case to Facebook “was not particularly because of the molestation (of her son), but because the school management refused to take responsibility and apologise for what happened”.

The police are investigating the case and have invited all the parties for a meeting in Uyo on Tuesday.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/434636-deeper-life-school-victims-mother-misunderstood-n100-million-demand-lawyer.html#.X_IzZF7ICOc.whatsapp
Re: Deeper Life High School VS Don Davies: Our Demand For #100 Million Still Stands by THeCvExpert: 9:01am On Jan 04, 2021
I think 100m is little bit too much
Re: Deeper Life High School VS Don Davies: Our Demand For #100 Million Still Stands by Fahdiga(m): 9:03am On Jan 04, 2021
Time to cash out
Re: Deeper Life High School VS Don Davies: Our Demand For #100 Million Still Stands by donbachi(m): 9:05am On Jan 04, 2021
If it was the other way round.many of u here,would have been ranting..male children are regularly abused on daily basis.the society only frowns,when it involves the girl child.
Re: Deeper Life High School VS Don Davies: Our Demand For #100 Million Still Stands by butterfly777(m): 9:06am On Jan 04, 2021
Only God knows what the woman really wants. Overdo done enter this case, abeg.

- Your son is abused in school, which is bad. And you seek redress, which is good as a caring mother.
You make it a public case, and get the Church and even Kumuyi dragged into the issue.

- The school offered to pay for the child's treatment, which you refused.
The school's Principal is suspended.
The school management are trying to settle the case. Yet, you are not satisfied.

Neutral institutions like the Uyo State Government begins investigation into the case, you discredit them and refuse to cooperate. They had to withdraw from the case.

The police is investigating the case.
Other bodies are working on the case. Yet, you are not satisfied.

The school has suffered much in terms of bad publicity, and the management have been shaken by it. Yet you are not satisfied.

And now she is demanding for #100 million naira.

After all she has made the school to go through,

Is it the #100 million naira that she wants? Or the closure of the school? Or the satisfaction of defaming the school and the church? Or just to make noise?

This has become a case of tortoise and his in-laws. Not knowing when to stop can kill a good case.
Re: Deeper Life High School VS Don Davies: Our Demand For #100 Million Still Stands by TRDLG01: 10:09am On Jan 04, 2021
I saw a topic on the 28 of September in Nairaland about a Deeper Life member who claimed DL was a cult. Here is a more elaborate view on that topic. It's a blog actually, by an ex-leader of the church. I'll like you guys to check it out. Here is the link

https://trdlg.
Re: Deeper Life High School VS Don Davies: Our Demand For #100 Million Still Stands by butterfly777(m): 10:07pm On Jan 05, 2021
*Don-Davis Case: Facts and Fiction*
1. Mother: 'I sent my son to Deeper Life school, and he came back with a broken anus'

Premium Times reported that a medical report on Don Davis did not reveal any sign of sexual molestation.

2. Mother: I was intimidated at the Commissioner of Education office. I have a audio record as evidence.

Press Release by the Akwa-Ibom state government blantantly denied any intimidation. Despite this, Don-Davis mother has not released her evidence.

3. Mother: I did not ask for money as compensation. Punch News is fake news.

Eagle Eye Network, a legal firm representing Archibong and Deborah Okezie on their son's (Don-Davis) case demanded a 100 million naira compensation among other things within 21 days.

4. Mother: Madam Education secretary, you did not reach out to my son. Tell us when you did.

Premium Times quoted Don-Davis father saying that the state suprintendent of Deeper Life and (suspended) principal was with them in the hospital to apologise.

5. Mother:. Pastor Kumuyi and Deeper Life people was suspended my Facebook account.

Pastor Kumuyi doesn't work at/for Facebook. Facebook terms of service indicates that they don't allow minors on Facebook live. Also, UNHRC opposes showing the face of minors that suffered sexual molestation.

Your verdict?!
Re: Deeper Life High School VS Don Davies: Our Demand For #100 Million Still Stands by cocolacec(m): 7:46am On Jan 06, 2021
TRDLG01:
I saw a topic on the 28 of September in Nairaland about a Deeper Life member who claimed DL was a cult. Here is a more elaborate view on that topic. It's a blog actually, by an ex-leader of the church. I'll like you guys to check it out. Here is the link

https://trdlg.

Nigeria is not a religious nation but a country of religious cults,no wonder cultism is on the rise despite several churches and mosques.
Re: Deeper Life High School VS Don Davies: Our Demand For #100 Million Still Stands by Chiino(m): 8:26am On Jan 06, 2021
Hello, Good morning and Happy New Year.

In this write up I'll be tell you how to

1. Report a scammer or fraudster or ripper
2. How to watch out against scam
Let's get started.

The 2021 seems like a recovery year after the hardship of 2020, undoubtedly people will be doubling down on their efforts and hustles whether it's with business, trading or skill acquisition. Just then there's another group of people who will also be hustling more.... SCAMMERS and FRAUDSTERS.
With the 2nd wave of COVID-19 and the looming 2nd lockdown all over the world, people are going to turn over to internet businesses and remote transactions, remote jobs and everything in-between. Where do you come in? Just anywhere! You could decide to shop or Invest in something or anything else and more than ever before you need security for your money.
Now who are we and why do we care?

We're www.nairacheck.com an online fraud check directory. And it's our business to make sure that your transactions are verified and safe.

HOW TO REPORT A SCAM
1. Go to www.nairacheck.com
2. Click on the "view fraud list" button
3. Search by name or account number or account name or phone number or location or social media handle
4. Because of the increasing additions, if the name does not already exist on the database, Click on the "Contribute" button
5. Fill in the details and submit [ www.nairacheck.com will never give out your identity to a third party]

HOW TO CHECK FOR FRAUD
1. Go to www.nairacheck.com
2. Click on the "view fraud list" button
3. Search by name or account number or account name or phone number or location or social media handle
4. Returned results shows that the name is on the fraud list
5. Searching is not enough....RUN!

Visit www.nairacheck.com today before that transaction

(1) (Reply)

Murder In Dublin: How Irish Police Shot And Killed George Nkencho / 57 Communities In FCT Kill Twins, Triplets, Albinos – Actionaid / Amotekun Arrest Two Men Caught Having Intercourse In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.