Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,530 members, 7,958,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:54 PM

How Omah Lay Hijacked Year 2020 Over Joeboy, Rema And Fireboy - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How Omah Lay Hijacked Year 2020 Over Joeboy, Rema And Fireboy (676 Views)

What's Your Favourite Nigerian Album For The Year 2020? / How Omah Lay Got Signed / DJ OP Dot - Best Of Joeboy, Rema, Fireboy, KAJ (mixtape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Omah Lay Hijacked Year 2020 Over Joeboy, Rema And Fireboy by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 04, 2021
Hello Nairalanders, Mr Opinion here reporting for duty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDxbzXDG4wk

Today lets examine Omah Lay, the mysterious Kid who hijacked the year 2020 from nowhere. Let us walk back to memory guys, year 2019, Rema, joeboy and fireboy were the hottest youngsters in the music game and they all got nominated against each other in the Next-rated category, Headies 2019 which Rema won with landslide votes.
Omah lay never existed at the time.............. Okay I’m kidding, he never existed in our memories at the time.

So 2020 came okay and we all thought 2020 was going to be hot in the industry because of this unannounced rivalry between the three youngsters. The fans on social media were eager to know which one of them would have the best performing projects of the year but... uhmmm yeah.... coronavirus kinda crashed everything for everyone Still these three guys released some nice projects.

Joeboy came through at the beginning of the year with a feature on “Nobody” and He really popped for his verse and chorus on that song. He also dropped some other nice tracks like “Call on me” etc.

Rema released a few bangers in 2020 as well, such as Woman and Ginger me. Super nice songs.

Fireboy on the other end released his second studio album barely a year after his first album and this Apollo album has some nice grooves which helped solidify fireboy’s musical prowess.

Now here comes the dark horse, Omah lay. When I first heard of him, I was like “ooo who’s this again” cos his name seems funny to me as a yoruba guy, sounds like when you’re calling someone a bastard.

But anyway this guy didn’t just bust into the scene, he came with some heat. Heaaaaat. This guy knows his demography and what they’ll be intrigued to hear in a song, keeps the song at max 3mins, plus he definitely has a good voice so why not?
After his successful introductory EP, he followed it up with another EP just before the end of the year and it is enjoying some good attention about the time of making this video.

That is how Omah lay made the whole industry is Beach.

Cc airmack lalasticlala
Re: How Omah Lay Hijacked Year 2020 Over Joeboy, Rema And Fireboy by Lagosbynature: 10:33am On Jan 04, 2021
Cc airmark
Re: How Omah Lay Hijacked Year 2020 Over Joeboy, Rema And Fireboy by illicit(m): 10:42am On Jan 04, 2021
You try....

One love
Re: How Omah Lay Hijacked Year 2020 Over Joeboy, Rema And Fireboy by longetivity(m): 11:59am On Jan 04, 2021
another artist will also come out of nowhere and hijacked 2021 from him ... though he still be serving us with some good musics

(1) (Reply)

After Winning Grammy, You Are Now Singing About Marijuana / To All Da 5o Cent Fans In Da House / Mixcraft Audio Recording Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.