Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Praying Aloud Vs Praying Silently - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying Aloud Vs Praying Silently (631 Views)

Praying Silently Or Praying Loudly, Which One Is The Right Way Of Praying? / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Big Pot Placed On A Pastor’s Head While Praying (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praying Aloud Vs Praying Silently by Imoobot(m): 11:29am On Jan 04, 2021
...I just need your kind opinions on this. Some people believe that praying loudly makes God know you are serious. Others view it as a sign of maturity in Christ.
Some churches even say praying loudly makes God answer your prayers faster.

So let's discuss. What do you guys think. Biblical references will be appreciated.
Re: Praying Aloud Vs Praying Silently by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 04, 2021
Praying aloud is a kind of agressive prayer depending on your mood and the kind of prayers you're offering. Though whether loud or low, God hears and answers all.

There are times when you just only wisper silent prayers in your heart and God answers it almost immediately. So, all kind of prayers will be answered provided it's in accordance to God's word and will.

1 Like

Re: Praying Aloud Vs Praying Silently by Omihanifa: 11:46am On Jan 04, 2021
there is no biblical reason to believe that praying out loud is more or less effectual than praying silently. We may do either. Scripture is full of examples of public prayers offered on all sorts of occasions, from Solomon’s long prayer at the dedication of the temple (1 Kings 8 ) to Christ’s four-word cry of agony (and unshaken hope) from the cross (Matt. 27:46). Yet, Jesus also taught His disciples that our Father hears prayers offered silently or in secret, and Paul tells us the Spirit who strengthens our faith and hope through prayer also intercedes for us with groans too deep for words (6:5–6; Rom. 8:26).

2 Likes

Re: Praying Aloud Vs Praying Silently by Kobojunkie: 4:37am On Jan 05, 2021
Imoobot:
...I just need your kind opinions on this. Some people believe that praying loudly makes God know you are serious. Others view it as a sign of maturity in Christ.

So let's discuss. What do you guys think. Biblical references will be appreciated.
Those who pray aloud are antiChrist beings since they suppose Jesus Christ a fool for commanding His followers pray in such a manner that no one hears or sees them I.e. enter their closets to pray.

God is not a fool.. When He gives a command, He expects those who serve Him, regardless of their opinions, to trust and obey Him. Those who say they are of God but refuse to obey Him are liars and the Truth of God, Jesus Christ, does not live inside of such persons.

According to the Word of God,you are not supposed to be seen or heard when you pray to God...
This act is meant to be carried out in secret.. Not in public as Christians do today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Praying Aloud Vs Praying Silently by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Jan 05, 2021
CalliDora1:
Praying aloud is a kind of agressive prayer depending on your mood and the kind of prayers you're offering. Though whether loud or low, God hears and answers all.

There are times when you just only wisper silent prayers in your heart and God answers it almost immediately. So, all kind of prayers will be answered provided it's in accordance to God's word and will.
Praying aloud and in public( like you all do in your churches today) is against God.

God is not deaf and He certainly did not call His followers to pray as the Pharisees, nor as the mueslims do.
Re: Praying Aloud Vs Praying Silently by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Praying aloud and in public( like you all do in your churches today) is against God.

God is not deaf and He certainly did not call His followers to pray as the Pharisees, nor as the mueslims do.

Ok, Sir.
Re: Praying Aloud Vs Praying Silently by MuttleyLaff: 10:21pm On Jan 05, 2021
Imoobot:
...I just need your kind opinions on this.
Some people believe that praying loudly makes God know you are serious. Others view it as a sign of maturity in Christ.

"9On one occasion, Hannah got up after they ate and drank at Shiloh. The priest Eli was sitting on a chair by the doorpost of the Lord’s temple.
10Deeply hurt, Hannah prayed to the Lord and wept with many tears.
11Making a vow, she pleaded, “Lord of Armies, if you will take notice of your servant’s affliction, remember and not forget me, and give your servant a son, I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life, and his hair will never be cut.”
12While she continued praying in the Lord’s presence, Eli watched her mouth.
13Hannah was praying silently, and though her lips were moving, her voice could not be heard. Eli thought she was drunk
14and said to her, “How long are you going to be drunk? Get rid of your wine!

15“No, my lord,” Hannah replied. “I am a woman with a broken heart. I haven’t had any wine or beer; I’ve been pouring out my heart before the Lord.
16Don’t think of me as a wicked woman; I’ve been praying from the depth of my anguish and resentment.”
17Eli responded, “Go in peace, and may the God of Israel grant the request you’ve made of him.”
18“May your servant find favor with you,” she replied. Then Hannah went on her way; she ate and no longer looked despondent
- 1 Samuel 1:9-18

59They continued stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, “Lord Jesus, receive and accept and welcome my spirit!
(i.e. While they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit! )”
60Then falling on his knees [in worship], he cried out loudly,
“Lord, do not hold this sin against them [do not charge them]!” When he had said this, he fell asleep [in death]
(i.e. He knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them!

And after saying this, he fell asleep).
- Acts 7:59-60

Opinions change in the face of fact(s), lmso. Obviously looking at least 1 Samuel 1:9-18 and Acts 7:59-60 above. There is a time and place for praying silently and praying out loudly. You would know, which at the time, is applicable to do, lmso
Re: Praying Aloud Vs Praying Silently by MuttleyLaff: 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2021
Omihanifa:
there is no biblical reason to believe that praying out loud is more or less effectual than praying silently. We may do either. Scripture is full of examples of public prayers offered on all sorts of occasions, from Solomon’s long prayer at the dedication of the temple (1 Kings 8 ) to Christ’s four-word cry of agony (and unshaken hope) from the cross (Matt. 27:46). Yet, Jesus also taught His disciples that our Father hears prayers offered silently or in secret, and Paul tells us the Spirit who strengthens our faith and hope through prayer also intercedes for us with groans too deep for words (6:5–6; Rom. 8:26).

Kobojunkie:

"Also, when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites;
for they love to pray [publicly] standing in the synagogues
and on the corners of the streets so that they may be seen by men.
I assure you and most solemnly say to you, they [already] have their reward in full
- Matthew 6:5

Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world Himself, prayed out loud on several occasions and significantly so, even when dying on the cross too

Praying aloud and in public like, as all done by our very own 21st century Pharisees, is just exactly what Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world is against. The reason He dislikes/disliked this kind of prayer is because of the hypocrisies, insincerities, the theatrical acting part(s), falseness et cetera, lmso
Re: Praying Aloud Vs Praying Silently by Kobojunkie: 10:50pm On Jan 05, 2021
Again...
Kobojunkie:
Those who pray aloud are antiChrist beings since they suppose Jesus Christ a fool for commanding His followers pray in such a manner that no one hears or sees them I.e. enter their closets to pray.

God is not a fool.. When He gives a command, He expects those who serve Him, regardless of their opinions, to trust and obey Him. Those who say they are of God but refuse to obey Him are liars and the Truth of God, Jesus Christ, does not live inside of such persons.

According to the Word of God,you are not supposed to be seen or heard when you pray to God...
This act is meant to be carried out in secret.. Not in public as Christians do today.
Re: Praying Aloud Vs Praying Silently by MuttleyLaff: 11:08pm On Jan 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
[s]Again...

According to the Word of God,you are not supposed to be seen or heard when you pray to God...This act is meant to be carried out in secret.. Not in public as Christians do today.[/s]
There isnt anything like being "antiChrist beings" for sheer praying out loud. Taking prayer as a showman slash show-off thing, sincerely speaking is what was seen as being hypocritical and so therefore frowned upon

Th advice "...enter their closets to pray ..." similarly means don't play to the gallery. It means don't pray loud or in public, in a way intended to make people admire you or you hope they will admire you for it

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Identifying Isolele (Israel) / I Bought Her Another Subscription, But I'm Thinking Of Breaking Up With Her / Reincarnation : TB Joshua Daughter Gave Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.