Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route (34454 Views)

Where The Original Indigenes Of Abuja Now Live (pics, Video) / A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return / My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by lexy2014: 3:37pm On May 13, 2021
Andyvilly:
I once live close to that area, everyday I go there to see if our slave masters are coming back, na me go be the first person to stretch hand collect chain then jump enter ship.

U can speak to some of d people in that area. If slaves were shipped out from there, definitely those slaves are their relatives

1 Like

Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by DAMN99: 3:38pm On May 13, 2021
I rather be a slave in america than to be a slave under a clueless Fulani man. Shey you grab?
dasparrow:

And how do you know this? Let me tell you what's going on at the moment. There is a whole movement going on right now with an increasing number of people who descended from enslaved Africans wanting and looking to move back to Africa. They are moving to places like Tanzania, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Senegal and the likes. You have Black people from America, UK, Caribbean, and beyond wanting to repatriate back to Africa. Things are bad in Nigeria I know but some other African countries are not doing too badly.

I pray you get to the white man's land. You will come to realize that the oyibos many of you worship do not want you in their countries and they will make it perfectly clear once you get there. So brace yourself because you will be exchanging one set of problems for a different set of problems.
Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by ablejesus26(m): 3:38pm On May 13, 2021
shebcylov:

ode

So this is the best your brain can come up with.

Pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by MsAllison(f): 3:38pm On May 13, 2021
dasparrow:

And how do you know this? Let me tell you what's going on at the moment. There is a whole movement going on right now with an increasing number of people who descended from enslaved Africans wanting and looking to move back to Africa. They are moving to places like Tanzania, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Senegal and the likes. You have Black people from America, UK, Caribbean, and beyond wanting to repatriate back to Africa. Things are bad in Nigeria I know but some other African countries are not doing too badly.

I pray you get to the white man's land. You will come to realize that the oyibos many of you worship do not want you in their countries and they will make it perfectly clear once you get there. So brace yourself because you will be exchanging one set of problems for a different set of problems.
and I'll gladly accept that problem than this cursed hell hole
Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by Dukeolumidemans(m): 3:38pm On May 13, 2021
This is the boat they used to convey hundreds of slaves at a time and the river point where they leave for Liverpool...next time I will snap the tree where they were tied like goats and chained before moving them into the boat side by side and on top of each other.

1 Like

Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 3:39pm On May 13, 2021
Lol why are u insulting the guy na
shebcylov:

ode
Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by lexy2014: 3:40pm On May 13, 2021
BKayy:

There you will be killed d by everything like an animal.
Police,
Angry white man
Your fellow black gangster
Your fellow black man in a fight
Your fellow black criminal
Racist
Etc

So all people that migrated from Africa to western countries have been killed by all u listed above

1 Like

Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by socialmediaman: 3:42pm On May 13, 2021
Freestainworld:
Those who where shipped at the point of no returning are now better than us because they never returned to this God's forsaken land.

Not the people who were sold, but their generations to come. They fought for it though, many rebelled and died, others kept fighting. Many today live the American dream in a society that is still active racism or racial bias depending on where you live or who you interact with. Many others still live with the curses of their ancestors, born unplanned to single parents, no value for education instilled in them, bad behavior unchecked, drug life and sometimes prison, life on the streets homeless, it goes on and on from parent to child and so on.

So my friend, it’s not all rosy abroad. But the Africans who migrate from our generation live better in most cases depending on how smart they are or how hard they work.

2 Likes

Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by harjay1986: 3:42pm On May 13, 2021
Realestatepro:
So with all the juju in Nigeria, white men still came here and successfully took our people as slaves?
Nawa oo

you get it all wrong when you get to badagry they will explain to you how Nigeria made it possible for the white to enslave others because alot of yoruba tap into the business there is a well/bore hole along that point of no return it was provided by some yorubas who are the main trader ... the well is been jazz and any slave passing that route will be force to drink some water from it there by loose his or her memories for some months while been shipped to south america..... all because some white trader complain that sometime some of the slave jump into the ocean and that means their loosing some of their sales

2 Likes

Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by Patrioticman007(m): 3:44pm On May 13, 2021
Akamariner:
One of the many evil of those blood-sucking retards called british.
The height of it all is the religion introduced by them, turning grownup men to empty skull carcase, full of fear.

They will come for you
Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by Karlovych: 3:45pm On May 13, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:

Anywhere in Europe I won't complain
You wanted your fore-fathers to make the sacrifices for you but you wouldn't want to make same for your future descendants, what an irony.
Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by cococandy(f): 3:47pm On May 13, 2021
shebcylov:

ode

Nawa. Smh
Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by Resees: 3:47pm On May 13, 2021
Freestainworld:
Those who where shipped at the point of no returning are now better than us because they never returned to this God's forsaken land.
Ibu Idiot. If you know how many African Americans that are dying to know their roots, where they came from, or even travel over there you will STFU and appreciate your miserable life.

1 Like

Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by Jcan: 3:52pm On May 13, 2021
[quote author=dasparrow post=97723563]

Make I reach there first.
Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by Olam09(m): 3:53pm On May 13, 2021
Freestainworld:
You're very dump... i wish you were among them, i believe you gonna understand that been in this present Nigeria is hundred times better than been a slave back then.. if you were among them i believe that before this time you would have died from spinal injury probably, i can see you're a kid with a cheap phone.. if you want more insight on how slavery and the quest for freedom was like, you gotta check this book titled The negroes in the making of America it was written by W.E.B. Du Bois.

1 Like

Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by 001spice: 3:55pm On May 13, 2021
Buhari should drink of the water
Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by GENES11S: 3:57pm On May 13, 2021
dasparrow:

True story. Unfunately most Nigerians have not live outside Nigeria before.

Noticed I said "lived" not "traveld". It's easy to go for visits but the moment you start living there, one thing is clear "There is no place like home". If not 4 the corruption called "Nigerian government!".

1 Like

Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:57pm On May 13, 2021
Karlovych:
You wanted your fore-fathers to make the sacrifices for you but you wouldn't want to make same for your future descendants, what an irony.

The sacrifice I am making Is to end Nigeria, Biafra doesn't co exist in this British business centre
Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by Indispensable85(m): 4:10pm On May 13, 2021
Freestainworld:

Hahahahaha......
Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by Indispensable85(m): 4:13pm On May 13, 2021
shebcylov:

ode

Hahahaha....I felt like hitting the guy's head with a Coke bottle.
Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by Indispensable85(m): 4:14pm On May 13, 2021
dasparrow:

I go knack bottle for ur head now
Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by Linkai447(m): 4:18pm On May 13, 2021
dasparrow:

how can I believe this now.
Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by SenecaTheYonger: 4:21pm On May 13, 2021
YungMillionaire:

Your brain is paining you.

Their generations are living in what is currently the best country on earth
Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by Andyvilly: 4:25pm On May 13, 2021
lexy2014:

U can speak to some of d people in that area. If slaves were shipped out from there, definitely those slaves are their relatives
none of them agreed they are relatives of slaves.

1 Like

Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by wildikeman(m): 4:26pm On May 13, 2021
Freestainworld:

Not God forsaken land.. God forsaken people more like
Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by Ordinarybob: 4:34pm On May 13, 2021
Realestatepro:
So with all the juju in Nigeria, white men still came here and successfully took our people as slaves?
Nawa oo
They couldn't have just come and taken the people as slaves if not brainwashing the leaders of that time with mirror,comb and other crazy stuffs ,so with the leaders on their side there's nothing anybody could do that was why those leaders that went against them were either kidnapped or killed.
Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by catice(m): 4:38pm On May 13, 2021
Go and read the slave trade history well. The white man did not come to your land to take your people. They simply came and met with rulers in your country and discussed their intentions. They presented gifts and boom! Your kinsmen started kidnapping each other for trade. Black people sold one another to the white people as slaves. A black-skinned human has been of questionable character since day one, and so it is till today. embarassed
ednut1:
they came with weapons like guns, warships and cannon. Juju cant stop those. Juju in short is a scam. Based on hearsay and fear. If juju real babalawo for command the oyinbo back

3 Likes

Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by Lavisha(f): 4:40pm On May 13, 2021
ednut1:
they came with weapons like guns, warships and cannon. Juju cant stop those. Juju in short is a scam. Based on hearsay and fear. If juju real babalawo for command the oyinbo back

You were wrong...
It was GREED!
Greed made men to sell their people or conquered people.
The oyinbos came with money.
Juju is very potent.

2 Likes

Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by Djmhyke(m): 4:43pm On May 13, 2021
This is where I was born and brought up.

#MYHOOD

1 Like

Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by Shattuck(m): 4:49pm On May 13, 2021
Immaculate2324:

The funniest part is that they were carried alongside their juju
lol even the gods too were enslaved, wahala.
Re: Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route by iamclime(m): 4:57pm On May 13, 2021
travelwaka:
In Summary, the point of no return is a place where slaves were shipped off to an unknown destination during the slave trade era. It is an Island in Badagry called the Gberefu Island. It is surrounded by the lagoon on one and the Atlantic on the other side. You can only access this island via a boat.

Thousands of Slaves were shipped off from this Island. It is one of the most popular slave centres in the world. I present to you the original slave route and the point of no return. It hosts a well known as the attenuation well, anyone that drinks from the water will lose their memory. The slaves were forced to drink the water before heading to the point of no return. This is probably one of the reasons why it was difficult for the slaves to fight the slave masters or escape during the trip.

https://www.travelwaka.com/gberefu-island-point-of-no-return-badagry-the-original-slave-route/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5krRx6NssDI

Gbẹrẹfu is not entirely an island. You can access Gbẹrẹfu by road, through Aivoji to Yovoyan, and then Gbẹrẹfu. You turn at the Customs Checkpoint along Seme Road close to Suntan Beach.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EU May Impose Tough Visa Rules On Nigeria Over Illegal Migration / Is Ilorin The Most Peaceful City In Nigeria? / Governor Sanwo-Olu Takes A Ride On A Blue Line Train (Photos And Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.