Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada (41440 Views)

Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) / Which Country Has The Most Nigerian Immigrants / Canada Counters Dele Momodu's Statement That They Need Nigerian Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by ednut1(m): 11:16pm On Jan 04, 2021
koyyes:
Immigrants( Indians, Chinese and others) on quora have complained bitterly about Canada. Some are thinking of heading to the US or UK.

Canadian PRs are doing a great job trying to inflate Canada's GDP with immigration.

Job opportunities are only available to immigrants who schooled there.

Only married immigrants enjoy Canada. If you are single, you will probably die of loneliness because Canadians are generally anti social. Their activities are somewhat robotic.

If you go there to school, make as much friends as possible.
i didn't school there, same with many of my friends. And they got white collar jobs.
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by BigBashiru: 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2021
BUSHHUNTER:
The way you people advertise Canada is so so overrated!! been to Quebec where everyone speaks French it's so fvcked up! language barriers, bad weather, quiet neighborhood... Mississauga, very expensive, unfriendly folks, strict laws etc.. they really need educated and skilled immigrants is that country!

Please quit the hype!!!! USA over Canada anytime any day!

See black man @ strict laws - you don't know it's the strict laws that makes the Canada great.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by btsandkpoplover: 11:26pm On Jan 04, 2021
woah can you fund me to goto canada
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by BigBashiru: 11:27pm On Jan 04, 2021
Halifaxguy:

The hype is getting annoying. I have been living in Canada for 10 years and a citizen too. The main difference between Canada and Nigeria is the system works to some extent in the former while the system is messed up in the latter by the ruling elites and average 9ja citizens. Canada is not paradise where you pick money free. Even getting a good job with decent pay in Canada is hard to come by too, especially this era of too many highly qualified professionals coming to Canada. Lots of people in Canada are doing the so called menial jobs (minimum wage). According to statistics Canada many of the jobs are in the service sectors ( jobs in this sector are minimum wage jobs like working in Tim Horton etc). The funny thing is that Nigerians in Canada always feel that because they are in Canada they are better than those in Nigeria (guys be humble both of us know how e dey go for Canny). Some guys in Nigeria are doing better than some of us here. Not everyone will make it in Canada same as not everyone will make it in 9ja. So if you want to migrate, then migrate in peace and stop behaving like those living in 9ja are stupid. Nowhere is paradise. The prayer is God should favor one whereever he finds himself.

Why does the system work in Canada? because black ppl aren't majority there. With this mass migration of nigerians into Canada, that system that works will soon begin to decline especially if blacks tale over the affairs of Canada

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by BigBashiru: 11:34pm On Jan 04, 2021
Modo9:
Good day Nairalanders and Happy new year
I noticed my previous thread (https://www.nairaland.com/6313872/opinion-10-reasons-why-nigeria) got a lot of negative remarks. But today I would be dropping various reasons why I prefer Canada to Nigeria.

Let's get started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flh5qM4JH6U

Canada is the land of opportunity because it was built by oyinbos.... which African country is the land of oppprtunities?

And please don't give me the "they plundered us" or "they enslaved us" BS

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by damzy88: 11:38pm On Jan 04, 2021
BigBashiru:

See black man @ strict laws - you don't know it's the strict laws that makes the Canada great.
Don't mind them. They spoilt their country and still want to spoil another man's country. Smh...
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by AnthonyAk(m): 11:38pm On Jan 04, 2021
Ill identify the falsehoods as OP is learning work.

1) the Health care system: Truth be told the health care system is truly organised. The medical practitioners are well trained over here in Canada (I am not saying we have quacks in Nigeria.) They would give you your full service because you have paid for it in your tax.
Giving birth in Canada is free and some other treatments. All you need is to go to the hospital with your health card and you would be treated.

False, You don't get treated properly unless ur actually dying. Most walk in clinics will send you home without properly seeing you. If you dont have a family doctor that can actually take time and look at you many things get overlooked. I had Hep A , for months the doctor sent me home with immodum until my liver was soo swollen that i couldnt even sleep on my front or back. Most medical treatments also arent covered by basic medical insurance

3) Less traffic congestion and good roads: The traffic is so organised, it is not like Lagos that you can just flout the traffic rules and nothing grave would happen

False , Toronto and Vancouver has one of the worst traffic in north america as there are too many cars on the road. A house hold with 4 adults can easily have 4 cars.

4) Diversity: in Canada we have people from all over the world living here Namely; Indians, Chinese, Nigerians, Ghanaians. Just name any nation in the world and you would find at least someone from that nation.

False, between asian and brown folks , black people are a minority outside Toronto.

5) Equal opportunities for everyone: grin Yes! Canada is the land of opportunity for everybody. In Canada, no one cares your tribe, the colour of your skin or whatever barrier. It is easy to start up a business in Canada as far as it is legal.

False, there are certain ceilings an immigrant may never cross, low key there is favouritism. Asians keep to themselves mostly , brown people the same. As a black person you are expected to be head and shoulders above your colleagues to stand out which isn't a bad thing.

9) Transportation: smiley smiley The transportation here in Canada is very well organised. Here in Toronto, we have this type of bus (like the BRT). if you want to take the bus you are going to get a presto card You would tap the card to the machine for every two hours. You do not need to pay for the next bus if it is within those two hours span. we have a uber, lift and other means of transportation.

Not sure about Toronto but in Vancouver the transportation system is trash. my theory is there are forces that prevent proper train coverage so real estate continues to remain high in the lower mainland. Compared to a city like london where i was able to get trains at all hours of the day.

10) The food: They have poutine ( which is basically fries covered with gravy), they also have very good culture

False , i can name all the main types of food here.

Bar style food - Burgers , wings , fries
Italian food - Pizza , Pasta
Asian Food (Chinesee , Japanese , Pho)
Others

The list above is made better here than in naija tho.

Im so sick of eating sub par food that i cook for myself mostly. After a couple years one will be sick of it too.

Any questions? 2024 will make it 20 years in Canada..lol time flies.

The locals are suffering because of the amount of dirty money that is coming in and the amount of debt that each Canadian household carries.

Wages are stagnant and don't equate to the cost of living.

If you don't have parents here to set you up nicely you will grind and even then for many the only support they get is not paying rent and living at home till they are in their 30s.

You want to make good money? you want a nice house? your going to grind and get taxed while doing it. Pro and Cons

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by Iskollysneh(m): 11:39pm On Jan 04, 2021
Alright.... Very very soon ���
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by kurus: 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2021
BUSHHUNTER:
The way you people advertise Canada is so so overrated!! been to Quebec where everyone speaks French it's so fvcked up! language barriers, bad weather, quiet neighborhood... Mississauga, very expensive, unfriendly folks, strict laws etc.. they really need educated and skilled immigrants is that country!

CANADA is a bipolar country. The immigration system works to bring in immigrants BUT once you don enter, the entire system works to kick you out.....Caveat Emptor. Once you enter, they hold you down.. all those separated family matters(one parent in naija and the rest in canada), they dislike it. dem no like am at all. Most folks wey do that thing na so so lie lie dem dey like to keep their papers. your entire worldwide income is taxed (except you dont declare it) If you have rent in Naija or you sell anything at all, once it is income, you are expected to declare in in canada and it will be taxed. Your income for taxation is the WORLDWIDE INCOME.... even naija folks wey get money for naija no dey declare am at all....
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by DasaintHope(m): 12:00am On Jan 05, 2021
obembet:
If u base in Canada and u are looking for God fearing lady.. grin
The hustle is real my sister

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by Majesticniyi(m): 12:04am On Jan 05, 2021
All these Nigeria versus Canada post no dey tire una?

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by planetx: 12:04am On Jan 05, 2021
AnthonyAk:
Ill identify the falsehoods as OP is learning work.

1) the Health care system: Truth be told the health care system is truly organised. The medical practitioners are well trained over here in Canada (I am not saying we have quacks in Nigeria.) They would give you your full service because you have paid for it in your tax.
Giving birth in Canada is free and some other treatments. All you need is to go to the hospital with your health card and you would be treated.

False, You don't get treated properly unless ur actually dying. Most walk in clinics will send you home without properly seeing you. If you dont have a family doctor that can actually take time and look at you many things get overlooked. I had Hep A , for months the doctor sent me home with immodum until my liver was soo swollen that i couldnt even sleep on my front or back. Most medical treatments also arent covered by basic medical insurance

3) Less traffic congestion and good roads: The traffic is so organised, it is not like Lagos that you can just flout the traffic rules and nothing grave would happen

False , Toronto and Vancouver has one of the worst traffic in north america as there are too many cars on the road. A house hold with 4 adults can easily have 4 cars.

4) Diversity: in Canada we have people from all over the world living here Namely; Indians, Chinese, Nigerians, Ghanaians. Just name any nation in the world and you would find at least someone from that nation.

False, between asian and brown folks , black people are a minority outside Toronto.

5) Equal opportunities for everyone: grin Yes! Canada is the land of opportunity for everybody. In Canada, no one cares your tribe, the colour of your skin or whatever barrier. It is easy to start up a business in Canada as far as it is legal.

False, there are certain ceilings an immigrant may never cross, low key there is favouritism. Asians keep to themselves mostly , brown people the same. As a black person you are expected to be head and shoulders above your colleagues to stand out which isn't a bad thing.

9) Transportation: smiley smiley The transportation here in Canada is very well organised. Here in Toronto, we have this type of bus (like the BRT). if you want to take the bus you are going to get a presto card You would tap the card to the machine for every two hours. You do not need to pay for the next bus if it is within those two hours span. we have a uber, lift and other means of transportation.

Not sure about Toronto but in Vancouver the transportation system is trash. my theory is there are forces that prevent proper train coverage so real estate continues to remain high in the lower mainland. Compared to a city like london where i was able to get trains at all hours of the day.

10) The food: They have poutine ( which is basically fries covered with gravy), they also have very good culture

False , i can name all the main types of food here.

Bar style food - Burgers , wings , fries
Italian food - Pizza , Pasta
Asian Food (Chinesee , Japanese , Pho)
Others

The list above is made better here than in naija tho.

Im so sick of eating sub par food that i cook for myself mostly. After a couple years one will be sick of it too.

Any questions? 2024 will make it 20 years in Canada..lol time flies.

The locals are suffering because of the amount of dirty money that is coming in and the amount of debt that each canadian household carries.

Wages are stagnant and dont equate to the cost of living.

If you don't have parents here to set you up nicely. For many it's as simple as not paying rent and living at home till they are in their 30s. You want to make good money? you want a nice house? your going to grind and get taxed while doing it
A pretty accurate reflection of life in Canada not this fresh off the boats trying to impress gullible youths back home with fairy tales.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by adedamola777: 12:05am On Jan 05, 2021
come and ask for my hand in marriage na. I won't form hard to get walahi ☺
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by AnthonyAk(m): 12:08am On Jan 05, 2021
planetx:
A pretty accurate reflection of life in Canada not this fresh off the boats trying to impress gullible youths back home with fairy tales.

OP is fresh , she will change her tune in a few years
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by Ekpekus(m): 12:16am On Jan 05, 2021
kenodrill:

What's DIY?
Do It Yourself...
The information you seek is here on NL.. Go to the travel section and you will see people on the same journey with you as to traveling abroad legitimately.
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by Davideric78(m): 12:31am On Jan 05, 2021
Good day everyone,please how do I apply to start university in Canada or any easy European countries..I can sponsor myself in an affordable school just the right link please...
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by salford1: 12:34am On Jan 05, 2021

Half Truth

2) consistent power supply: In Canada, we have 24 hours supply and it is really amazing. In Canada, if the weather affects the cable and there is any damage, within the space of 10 mins everything would be restored and you would get your electricity back.

Not true. Depending on extent of damage. It could take days to fix.

True

True

Half truth.

6) the weather: I am sure many of you would actually be shocked We have four seasons in Canada we have the winter, fall, spring and summer. It does not snow all the time, so forget your misconception about Canada. During the summer you can visit the tourist centres in Canada
True

7) the landscape is beautiful: Especially during the summer period. you can see the beautiful nature of the landscape
True

8 ) jobs and payments: Over here in Canada there are different ways you can get a job, once you are done with your schooling you can get a job through LinkedIn and other various job websites.
[b]we get paid every two weeks [/b]which is beautiful, Unlike Nigeria in which you would have to wait till the end of the month to get paid.
Not true. Some get paid monthly or weekly

Half truth. Not all provinces though. Tap on public transits only found in major cities though.

Canada is a lovely place to be
True. They have a variety of foods and not just poutine. Perogies are more popular in my part of Canada than poutine.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by salford1: 1:07am On Jan 05, 2021
DisLifeSha:
It's safer to be a slave in your country than another man's country. You have a peace of mind in your country

I have more peace of mind in Canada than Nigeria. Like a 100 times.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by ednut1(m): 1:19am On Jan 05, 2021
DisLifeSha:
It's safer to be a slave in your country than another man's country. You have a peace of mind in your country

hahahaha joker. Canada is a country of immigrants. You are not a second class citizen. In Nigeria you are a third class citizen anyways if you no get money or connect.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by salford1: 1:34am On Jan 05, 2021
ednut1:
hahahaha joker. Canada is a country of immigrants. You are not a second class citizen. In Nigeria you are a third class citizen anyways if you no get money or connect.
True.
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by Fuckingmallam45(m): 1:37am On Jan 05, 2021
Jollovv:
Nigerian immigrants will enjoy anywhere if it's not Nigeria
Even Sudan and Libya ba? You funny die grin. This your slavery mentality is second to none grin

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by ednut1(m): 2:00am On Jan 05, 2021
salford1:

True.

a country where on cannot call ambulance, no guarantees there will be oxygen in the hospital if need be, no constant light, quota system when it comes to govt jobs ( meanwhile immigrants are occupying important posts in Canada). LMAO
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by laiperi: 2:12am On Jan 05, 2021
This lady is probably an accomplice of an agent.

Canada has NEVER been a good place to work for professional Blacks.

Most of their well trained Blackd cross to USA.

Toronto Star published a report some months ago. The children of Black immigrants are doing worse than their parents.
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by calcal: 2:20am On Jan 05, 2021
lakesider:
Lol..... Slavery is alive and thriving

Are you not a slave to Fulani?

however, Canadian slave masters are better than Fulani.
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by vioment: 2:21am On Jan 05, 2021
Story.

Canada is currently and was previously better than Nigeria, but all those benefits are not as rosy as they seem.

They have better equality than Nigeria; but when you get there, you will surely find out that most of those benefits are for Canadians mostly nationals, not foreigners. They pick better people that will contribute to their economy through effort and/skills, especially skills, as a correct society should do.
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by laiperi: 2:29am On Jan 05, 2021
Fool yourselves as much as you want about leaving the ZOO. It is the ZOO that is enslaving you.

No matter where you go, you have a record as a hustler, 419 and drug pusher. No country wants you.

This is why it is ironic when many of you blast those Demonstrators dying for Nigeria. Many of you are ingrates who what to chop other people's sacrifices when you refused to sacrifice in your villages. Food don redi.

Even worse, you pour abuses and scorn on those still fighting for your sorry asses in the POVERTY capital of the world

Kotinu!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:04am On Jan 05, 2021
BigBashiru:

don't mind him, he wants the people of Canada to be shitting and pissing on the express road and on pedestrian sidewalk just like he did back home in Nigeria!

Canadians should not fall for this o....abeg
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:17am On Jan 05, 2021
vioment:
Story.

Canada is currently and was previously better than Nigeria, but all those benefits are not as rosy as they seem.

They have better equality than Nigeria; but when you get there, you will surely find out that most of those benefits are for Canadians mostly nationals, not foreigners. They pick better people that will contribute to their economy through effort and/skills, especially skills, as a correct society should do.

But dense block-headed Nigerians decided to elect deadwood to run their affairs, now u see the difference?

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by kunkelhanspeter(m): 3:48am On Jan 05, 2021
You keep saying “WE” are you from Canada ?
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by mulero23: 4:06am On Jan 05, 2021
I have a friend in Canada looking for a good lady for marriage. Hope you wont just change after you get to Canada? That is the fear of guys!
obembet:
If u base in Canada and u are looking for God fearing lady.. grin
Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by solla22: 4:17am On Jan 05, 2021
Spent the last 6 years in Montreal, Quebec - I don't speak french and I have a Job that pays all the bills here in Canada and in Nigeria!!

BUSHHUNTER:

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada by BigBashiru: 4:33am On Jan 05, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:

But dense block-headed Nigerians decided to elect deadwood to run their affairs, now u see the difference?

It is the Nigerian carpenters, plumbers, electricians, nurses, money oriented doctors, sex for marks lecturers, indisciplined nigerians, etc that makes nigeria a shit hole - president can only do so much...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Helicopter Carrying India's Chief Of Defence Staff, Gen Bipin Rawat Crashes / Ghanaian Man Grinds Pepper Inside An Airplane (photos) / One Dies, 20 Persons Escape From Multiple Crash On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.