Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Names Of Ambassadorial Appointees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Names Of Ambassadorial Appointees (4361 Views)

El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees / A Pastor A "Netanyahu" & A Former Editor: Meet Buhari's Latest Appointees / Senate Okays 8 For Ambassadorial Positions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Names Of Ambassadorial Appointees by hermosa(f): 6:56am On Mar 30, 2011
As some of you might have heard (if anyone is in fact reading this blog) the senate has confirmed 25 career diplomats ambassadors and as you have discovered a lot of the Nigerian media locally and on the Internet have focused mostly on infamous Ambassador Ijeoma Bristol and her poor performance during the screening at the senate.

Firstly, I wish to state how disappointed I am in the media for expressing little interest in the appointees and instead focusing Ambassador Bristol's lack of knowledge in the national anthem. I mean most of these people, who are going to countries to represent us didn't even get recognition. Going through Google and Bing, I realized that most of the websites that 'reported' on the screening had one thing in common, it was written by the same hand in each and everyone of the website I came upon, and after opening close to 10 websites that reported on the newly appointees I thought it was weird and what I want to know is, did the Nigerian media not deem this news worthy to report on?? Was there only one reporter sent in to view and report on the screening?? What was the local news doing?? NTA, what were you guys doing??!

Thereupon, I think it is my duty, as someone who as a personal interest in this particular subject to report it on my blog to the cyberspace world. So, here are the names of ambassadors and their statessmiley,

Ambassador Maria O. Laose (Ogun), Ambassador Laraba Binta Bhutto (Gombe), Ambassador Mamman Nuhu (Kebbi), Ambassador Obajuluwa Kayode (Ondo), Ambassador Ahmed Magaji (Kano), Ambassador Gregory Okon (Akwa Ibom), Ambassador Samuel S. Yusuf (Niger), Ambassador Umunna Orjiakor (Imo), Ambassador Bello Shehu Ringim (Jigawa), Ambassador Okubotin Cocodia (Bayelsa), Ambassador M.U. Abubakar (Kano), Ambassador George Sampson (Akwa Ibom), Ambassador Folarunso Otukoya (Ogun), Ambassador Amos Idowu (Kwara) and Ambassador Bulus Zom Lolo (Kaduna), Ambassador Felix Pwol (Plateau), Ambassador Oyebola Kuku (Ogun), Ambassador Ayoola Olukanni (Osun), Ambassador Benedic Amobi (Anambra), Ambassador Vincent Okoedion (Edo), Ambassador David Obasa (Ekiti), Ambassador Charles Ononye (Delta), Ambassador Maclean Omuso (Rivers) and Ambassador Joseph Ezema (Enugu).

, ur welcome smiley

from an amateurs viewpoint

for more go to html://mariettahermosa.
Re: Names Of Ambassadorial Appointees by Afam4eva(m): 7:32am On Mar 30, 2011
This federal character of a thingy is killing us in this country.
Re: Names Of Ambassadorial Appointees by hermosa(f): 12:24am On Mar 31, 2011
uhm, the federal capital of a thingy' wasn't really my focus point, i was actually referring to the media and why they didnt feel naming the ambassadors was news worthy,
Re: Names Of Ambassadorial Appointees by OyinB69: 5:14am On Apr 13, 2011
Where can we get the diplomatic history of these new appointees? How does the Nigerian public know whether or not they merit their new positions?
Re: Names Of Ambassadorial Appointees by jumobi1(m): 6:24am On Apr 13, 2011
OyinB69:

Where can we get the diplomatic history of these new appointees? How does the Nigerian public know whether or not they merit their new positions?

Well they probably have been diplomats in good standing for 25+years and have served in 3+ countries. Passed their exams to reach level 15+ and are one of the most senior foreign affairs officers from their state. That's really what it takes.

This is Nigeria. You can't get their diplomatic history except gov provides the names of countries they served and their resumes.

It's political ambassadors you should be more worried. At least these people have been in the foreign service for years.
Re: Names Of Ambassadorial Appointees by hermosa(f): 11:54am On Apr 13, 2011
@jomobi1, thank you!! at last! someone who can distinguish between career ambassadors and political!!
@oyinbi asking for diplomatic history of a career ambassador is like asking for a list of CIA informants, impossible.
Re: Names Of Ambassadorial Appointees by OyinB69: 2:34am On Apr 15, 2011
The common report card of a man who wants to represent the "Giant of Africa" should not be that difficult to find in this day and age. A paragraph with a few sentences about these people should be available somewhere. There's Nigeria's own Foreign Affairs website, not to talk of Wikipedia, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc etc.

Even if the Nigerian government is lazy about such things, the people should ask for the information and expect answers. Nigerians need to stop their limited expectation of "business as usual".
Re: Names Of Ambassadorial Appointees by TNUBU4LIFE: 2:51am On Apr 15, 2011
THE YORUBA BELIEF THIS UNITARY SYSTEM IS A GREAT DISSERVICE TO THE RACE!!

IMAGINE THE LIST,phew!
Re: Names Of Ambassadorial Appointees by fstranger3(m): 2:54am On Apr 15, 2011
^^^

And who made you the 'alagbenuso' for the Yoruba race?
Re: Names Of Ambassadorial Appointees by OyinB69: 6:30am On Apr 18, 2011
^^^

And who made you the 'alagbenuso' for the Yoruba race?

You just proved my point. This is exactly the attitude I'm talking about.
Re: Names Of Ambassadorial Appointees by hermosa(f): 11:45am On Apr 18, 2011
uhm, for the last and final time these are career ambassadors. so asking for their government work experience is kinda off bounds, don't know if im point if becoming clear here. they are not in this for politics, this IS their jobs. They've been doing this for the past 30 years or more. So, as long as they work in foreign affairs and are not politically motivated i don't think their records should, in any way be released to the public, unless of course they were thinking of joining politics,
so when arguing or stating a fact, you know wat? just google up what exactly IS the diffrence between political and career ambassador appointee ok??
all this pointless arguments on this topic is giving me a headache,

(1) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Vows To Tackle Corruption / Tag This Amaechi Pic While Whispering To PMB And The Look From The Whiteman / (A Thead For SS People Only) Who Are Really Our Enemies in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.