Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Who Is The God Of This Earth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The God Of This Earth? (349 Views)

Destruction Is Coming On This Earth! Escape For Your Life / Watch This Earth Moving Testimony About His Holiness Olumba Olumba Obu / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The God Of This Earth? by vybzkartel: 10:18pm On Jan 04, 2021
Genesis 24:2-3
[2]So Abraham said to the oldest servant of his house, who ruled over all that he had, “Please, put your hand under my thigh,

[3]and I will make you swear by the Lord, the God of heaven and the God of the earth, that you will not take a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell;

It is the Lord Jesus Christ, not Satan!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The God Of This Earth? by Hed0nist: 12:13am On Jan 05, 2021
Babelo
Re: Who Is The God Of This Earth? by Janosky: 12:23am On Jan 05, 2021
vybzkartel:

[2]So Abraham said to the oldest servant of his house, who ruled over all that he had, “Please, put your hand under my thigh,

[3]and I will make you swear by the Lord, the God of heaven and the God of the earth, that you will not take a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell;

Satan is the ruler of the wicked World that will pass away ( end soon), 1 John 5:19, 1 John 2:15.
Satan is NOT the Creator of heaven & earth.
Vybz don't believe and understand this message,

Continue DECEIVING yourself grin cheesy.
2 Corinthians 4:4
Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message
about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
Re: Who Is The God Of This Earth? by vybzkartel: 8:32pm On Jan 05, 2021
Janosky:

Satan is the ruler of the wicked World that will pass away ( end soon), 1 John 5:19, 1 John 2:15.

Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message

Acts 17:24

“God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.

Jesus is Lord of Heaven and Earth

Antichrist
Re: Who Is The God Of This Earth? by Janosky: 12:20am On Jan 06, 2021
vybzkartel:

Acts 17:24

“God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.

Jesus is Lord of Heaven and Earth

Antichrist

Matthew 11:25
"25 At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth",
the Lord of Heaven & earth is NOT Jesus Christ.. Compare Ephesians 4:6 .
Bros, no dey DECEIVE yourself

cheesy grin

John 12:31 ,2 Corinthians 4:4 ,1John 2:15, "Satan is NOT the Creator of the Universe.
Satan is the god of this world" that is passing away.

3 pagan spirits devotees are confused
Re: Who Is The God Of This Earth? by vybzkartel: 7:47am On Jan 06, 2021
Janosky:

Matthew 11:25
"25 At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth",
the Lord of Heaven & earth is NOT Jesus Christ.. Compare Ephesians 4:6 .
Bros, no dey DECEIVE yourself

cheesy grin

John 12:31 ,2 Corinthians 4:4 ,1John 2:15, "Satan is NOT the Creator of the Universe.
Satan is the god of this world" that is passing away.

3 pagan spirits devotees are confused

Hebrews 1:3

[3]who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Jesus Christ is Lord God Almighty
Re: Who Is The God Of This Earth? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:26am On Jan 06, 2021
He is only trying to call the attention of Bible Scholars, leave him to go out there to preach and teach what he knows about God.
No wahala! smiley

Janosky:

Re: Who Is The God Of This Earth? by vybzkartel: 8:28am On Jan 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
He is only trying to call the attention of Bible Scholars, leave him to go out there to preach and teach what he knows about God.
No wahala! smiley

JW Satanist
Re: Who Is The God Of This Earth? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:29am On Jan 06, 2021
God bless you Sir! smiley

vybzkartel:

JW Satanist
Re: Who Is The God Of This Earth? by Ihedinobi3: 11:38am On Jan 06, 2021
vybzkartel:

Hi there.

Since I have already discussed this on a recent thread of yours, I assume that you neither accepted my previous answer then nor wish to discuss it now. That is alright. I don't insist on either acceptance or discussion. Still, I think that this new post is an opportunity for further explanation. Perhaps it will help others who are concerned about the same issue.

In short, we Christians know that it is our God Who rules over creation. Still, the Bible says that Satan attempted to take God's Throne. It also teaches that Satan is usurping rule over the Earth right now. But it also teaches that God has not left matters that way. He has been challenging Satan's claim to power until now. With the Cross of Jesus Christ, He dealt a death blow to Satan's ambitions and made it clear that he would never win this war that he has been waging against God.

This means the following. Satan is a rebel warlord. He took control of some territory. He cannot rule it in peace though because the rightful Ruler continues to challenge his power and is on course to destroy his rule over that territory. The Bible will not say that God is not the God of Heaven and Earth, just because Satan deceived Adam -- God's regent over the earth -- into handing the Earth over to him. God is still the rightful God of the earth despite Satan's claim to the right to rule the earth. Satan is only a usurper.

The problem is in thinking that Satan is not exercising any authority over the earth at this moment. He very much is. That is what the Bible means when it calls him the "god of this age" (2 Corinthians 4:4) or the prince of this world (John 14:30; 16:11). It is also why the Bible teaches that a powerful angel sent on a mission to Daniel by the Lord God Himself can be held up by rebel angels who maintain spiritual oversight of nations (Daniel 10:13,20).

If we fail to believe both biblical teachings -- that God is the rightful God of creation and that Satan is currently usurping His authority over the earth -- then we will end up fighting against God when He allows Satan to do certain things that we feel that he has no right to do. For this reason, both Peter and Jude warn that false teachers disrespect Satan and his fellow rebel angels and teach others to do the same.

Bold and arrogant, they are not afraid to heap abuse on celestial beings; 11 yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not heap abuse on such beings when bringing judgment on them from the Lord. 12 But these people blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like unreasoning animals, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like animals they too will perish.
2 Peter 2:10-12 (NIV)

8 Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries. 9 Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” 10 But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves.
Jude 1:8-10 (NKJV)

John too tells us that this world lies in the evil one, that is, it is under the control of Satan. This is to warn us to be careful about getting too deeply involved with it. We don't belong to it. So we should not concern ourselves with it until our King comes and destroys its ruler.

How does Satan's rule work? Through men (Ephesians 2:2). The vast majority of the human race are in league with Satan through their rejection of the Gospel. As long as they reject the Gospel, they will be agents of Satan's will whether wittingly or not. So his rule over the earth does not contradict Psalm 115:16. If there was no human being who rejects the Gospel, Satan would have no claim to the earth, but not only did our father Adam join his cause by his disobedience, we all do the same from birth because of our sin nature. So Satan has a very wide influence over the earth because of our own sinfulness.

This is what we are expecting the Return of Jesus Christ to change. When the Lord Jesus returns and resurrects the Church, He will destroy sin in our bodies by swallowing mortality up in immortality. Then He will destroy all those who joined the Antichrist by accepting his mark. Then Satan and his fellow rebels will be imprisoned in the Abyss for a thousand years, so that even if anyone continues to reject the Gospel in the Millennium, Satan will not be in a position to use their disobedience to accomplish anything anymore. This is a crucial part of the renewal of the earth that all believers are taught to look forward to in the Bible.

None of this is something that we are permitted to try to do anything about today. Our fellow human beings have a right from the Lord to make their own eternal choices without undue interference from us. We ought to proclaim the Gospel to them if they are willing to listen to us. But we are not to force them to live life the way that we think that they should.

6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.
2 Corinthians 10:6 (NKJV)

As Paul makes clear above, we believers will only be in a position to punish all disobedience when our own obedience is fulfilled. This is also what the Lord Jesus teaches in Matthew 7:1-5. As long as we still have to deal with sin in our own selves, we are really in no position to judge others. We are responsible to mind our own spiritual walk with the Lord and do our best to please Him. When He has made us perfect, then we can judge others. This is important to understand because we are the Body of Christ, so the Lord Who is our Head must wait for us to become perfect before He can, together with us, execute judgment on this world. The Lord will not punish the world when His Own House is not in order (1 Peter 4:17)

So, it is not our place today to try to fix the world and destroy Satan's operations in it. Our job is to escape his prisons and help others to do the same. In responding to the Gospel and growing spiritually, we do our job. When the Lord Jesus returns and perfects us, Satan's power over this world will finally be destroyed. Until then, we must endure the condition of things in this world as we are refined and steadily brought to perfection.
Re: Who Is The God Of This Earth? by vybzkartel: 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

Hi there.

Since I have already discussed this on a recent thread of yours, I assume that you neither accepted my previous answer then nor wish to discuss it now. That is alright. I don't insist on either acceptance or discussion. Still, I think that this new post is an opportunity for further explanation. Perhaps it will help others who are concerned about the same issue.

In short, we Christians know that it is our God Who rules over creation. Still, the Bible says that Satan attempted to take God's Throne. It also teaches that Satan is usurping rule over the Earth right now. But it also teaches that God has not left matters that way. He has been [b]challenging Satan's claim to power until now. [/b]With the Cross of Jesus Christ, He dealt a death blow to Satan's ambitions and made it clear that he would never win this war that he has been waging against God.

This means the following. Satan is a rebel warlord. He took control of some territory. He cannot rule it in peace though because the rightful Ruler continues to challenge his power and is on course to destroy his rule over that territory. The Bible will not say that God is not the God of Heaven and Earth, just because Satan deceived Adam -- God's regent over the earth -- into handing the Earth over to him. God is still the rightful God of the earth despite Satan's claim to the right to rule the earth. Satan is only a usurper.

The problem is in thinking that Satan is not exercising any authority over the earth at this moment. He very much is. That is what the Bible means when it calls him the "god of this age" (2 Corinthians 4:4) or the prince of this world (John 14:30; 16:11). It is also why the Bible teaches that a powerful angel sent on a mission to Daniel by the Lord God Himself can be held up by rebel angels who maintain spiritual oversight of nations (Daniel 10:13,20).

If we fail to believe both biblical teachings -- that God is the rightful God of creation and that Satan is currently usurping His authority over the earth -- then we will end up fighting against God when He allows Satan to do certain things that we feel that he has no right to do. For this reason, both Peter and Jude warn that false teachers disrespect Satan and his fellow rebel angels and teach others to do the same.

Bold and arrogant, they are not afraid to heap abuse on celestial beings; 11 yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not heap abuse on such beings when bringing judgment on them from the Lord. 12 But these people blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like unreasoning animals, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like animals they too will perish.
2 Peter 2:10-12 (NIV)

8 Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries. 9 Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” 10 But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves.
Jude 1:8-10 (NKJV)

John too tells us that this world lies in the evil one, that is, it is under the control of Satan. This is to warn us to be careful about getting too deeply involved with it. We don't belong to it. So we should not concern ourselves with it until our King comes and destroys its ruler.

How does Satan's rule work? Through men (Ephesians 2:2). The vast majority of the human race are in league with Satan through their rejection of the Gospel. As long as they reject the Gospel, they will be agents of Satan's will whether wittingly or not. So his rule over the earth does not contradict Psalm 115:16. If there was no human being who rejects the Gospel, Satan would have no claim to the earth, but not only did our father Adam join his cause by his disobedience, we all do the same from birth because of our sin nature. So Satan has a very wide influence over the earth because of our own sinfulness.

This is what we are expecting the Return of Jesus Christ to change. When the Lord Jesus returns and resurrects the Church, He will destroy sin in our bodies by swallowing mortality up in immortality. Then He will destroy all those who joined the Antichrist by accepting his mark. Then Satan and his fellow rebels will be imprisoned in the Abyss for a thousand years, so that even if anyone continues to reject the Gospel in the Millennium, Satan will not be in a position to use their disobedience to accomplish anything anymore. This is a crucial part of the renewal of the earth that all believers are taught to look forward to in the Bible.

None of this is something that we are permitted to try to do anything about today. Our fellow human beings have a right from the Lord to make their own eternal choices without undue interference from us. We ought to proclaim the Gospel to them if they are willing to listen to us. But we are not to force them to live life the way that we think that they should.

6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.
2 Corinthians 10:6 (NKJV)

As Paul makes clear above, we believers will only be in a position to punish all disobedience when our own obedience is fulfilled. This is also what the Lord Jesus teaches in Matthew 7:1-5. As long as we still have to deal with sin in our own selves, we are really in no position to judge others. We are responsible to mind our own spiritual walk with the Lord and do our best to please Him. When He has made us perfect, then we can judge others. This is important to understand because we are the Body of Christ, so the Lord Who is our Head must wait for us to become perfect before He can, together with us, execute judgment on this world. The Lord will not punish the world when His Own House is not in order (1 Peter 4:17)

So, it is not our place today to try to fix the world and destroy Satan's operations in it. Our job is to escape his prisons and help others to do the same. In responding to the Gospel and growing spiritually, we do our job. When the Lord Jesus returns and perfects us, Satan's power over this world will finally be destroyed. Until then, we must endure the condition of things in this world as we are refined and steadily brought to perfection.

@. Bolded grin grin grin grin

Jokes of the venture grin grin grin

God challenging satan grin angry grin

Which God are you talking about grin
Re: Who Is The God Of This Earth? by gideonjeta(m): 3:20pm On Jan 07, 2021
vybzkartel:

Hebrews 1:3

[3]who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Jesus Christ is Lord God Almighty

1 John 4:12a says no one has seen God at any time. If you are saying that Jesus is God Almighty, then you are saying that what was written in the Bible is wrong (for Jesus was on this earth many years ago and was seen by the jews). Jesus Christ is son of God and not God Almighty. If you are a Christian, reflect and meditate on these Bible verses 1 John 4:12a, 1 John 5:19. and the answer to the topic of the thread will be clear to you. This is going to be my first and last post on this thread. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

alfa,malam,Celestial Church Of Christ And Cherubim And Serafin Who Dey See Pass? / Vaccinophobia / Mbaka Goes On His Knees To Apologize To The Church And The Enugu Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.