Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Real Story Of How E-money Made His Wealth - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Real Story Of How E-money Made His Wealth (2006 Views)

Dillish Matthews Defends Boyfriend, Adebayor Over 'Money Made Him Look Cute' / Between E-money And His Security At Lagos Airport Today (photos) / E-money Shows Off His Fleet Of Luxury Cars In New Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Story Of How E-money Made His Wealth by Tom18: 11:11pm On Jan 04, 2021
Real story of How E-Money Made His Wealth

...From Poverty to Stupendous Wealth

By KcPresh Ex Manager, Tom Fish

The sudden rise to affluence of Nigeria's youngest billionaire, entrepreneur, investor, business tycoon, and the chief executive officer (CEO) of Five Star Music, Chukwuemeka Okonkwo alias E-Money usually brings conflicting debates on how he acquired his wealth.

Each time he displays his wealth on social media, some people questions how he made his money. Some would say he is a product of hardwork, luck and a-money-miss-road. While others who speaks convincingly as if they know him say that he is into hard drugs, child trafficking, blood money or rituals. To many others who still cast doubt or questions his integrity, his stupendous wealth remains a mystery.

My name is Tom FredFish. I am from Akwa Ibom state and I am a witness to how E-Money started and got his breakthrough. After reading this piece, you will have to decide if E-Money is worth admiring or condemning.

I first met E-Money in 2006 at Calabar, Cross River State when his elder brother Kingsley Okonkwo with his partner, Precious John with the stage name KcPresh attended an event in Calabar. I had just graduated from the University of Calabar.

E-Money was KcPresh's manager and confidant. As their manager, you would take him for an artist too because of the direct semblance with other artists. He would dress in the same style with KcPresh: braid his hair and use all the necessary "blings blings" which usually distract the avalanche of female fans the duo attracted - many were always head on to meet with E-Money.

E-Money happened to be a very humble young man. He never flirted with the many girls that were always looking for ways to associate with him. He spoke less but made alot of sense each time he speaks. He was the brain box of the "sio nkpo" crooners in many ways.

I was more close to KCee when we met, so we exchange phone numbers before they left for Lagos. We kept in touch for a while and I gave them good representation in Calabar but as friends.

One day, KCee came for an event in calabar in company of Presh and told me that he needs me to come with them to Lagos and be their Manager. He said E-Money who manages them wants to resign and concentrate on his business at the Tin Can Island Port, Apapa, Lagos State, and that he has discussed with E-Money on my new job. That's how I went to Lagos to live with Kcpresh at Ojodu Berger.

Replacing a Workaholic?

KcPresh insisted that I should manage them because of the hardwork and commitment I put to the success of their first ever show at Calabar called the "Sio Nkpo live in calabar" in 2006, which attracted the attendance of the former governor of Cross Rivers State, Mr. Donald Duke. It was a huge success and I played a very huge role.

On arriving Lagos (though I was born and brought up in Badagry, Lagos) to work as KcPresh new manager who is to replace E-Money, a workaholic in 2007, I was faced with an uphill task. E-Money was a creative person who would never want to stop until he achieves his goals. Living with them gave me an insight to the love KCee and E-Money shared and I was treated like a brother than a friend. I lived with KcPresh. While E-Money lived on his own.

E-Money was a clearing and forwarding agent in Tin Can Island Port. He was a workaholic. Focussed and determined to make it in life. I could see the zeal in him. Then he used to drive an ML 360 Mercedes Benz Arsh color jeep. He was the backbone to KcPresh's career. He gave a lot of financial support to the duo from the little he would hustle at the port. He supported KcPresh in everything. There was hardly any week that passed that E-Money wouldn't buy us lunch at an exclusive restaurant in Surelere. And he does that more than three times in a week. At times when he was busy and couldn't meet us up, he would transfer "chop money" to us. He was a lot of things to KcPresh. When we develop a work plan for the growth of their career, the first person we go to is E-Money because when the chips are down, he was always ready to sacrifice his last kobo for his brother's career. The intriguing thing about his sacrifice for KcPresh was that, he was also hustling too. Fortunately for me, he got to like me in a way and we became close that he confided in me in some decisions he took in order to get my opinion.

A Painful Experience that Made Me Cry

One day, we were heading home from an outing when KC saw one of the wealthiest men in Lagos State drove pass with various flashy cars in a convoy. KCee who was on the wheels said, "Fish, you see this life, we shall make it big time. I have suffered so much." He then told me how he met Presh in the church choir at Ajegunle, and how himself, Presh and E-Money were chased out from their one room face-me-I-face-you apartment with only boxers on them because they were unable to pay their house rent. And they left at the middle of the night to sleep in the church where they worshipped in Ajegunle. Kcee said that that episode was the most painful and troubling moment of their lives. He further told me how they would trek from Ajegunle to Festac town to look for a record lebel to listen to their singles and for sponsorship. As he narrated the story, tears rolled out from my eyes. I was not born with "silver spoon" but I didn't suffer that much. All the while, E-Money was just listening to his elder brother and shaking his head, when he saw tears rolling from my eyes, he looked up to me and said: "Fish wetin make you dey cry like small pikin, that story is where we are coming from, but mark this day, I won't stop working hard until I make it in life and in a very big way." He looked at KC and me and said: "Fish, God only wants us to understand life and learn. We have learnt enough. I will have money in this life", he prophesied.

E-Money's Backbone and Prayer Warrior

Juliet, E-Money's girlfriend and currently wife was living with KcPresh. She had a room to herself in KcPresh's two bedroom flat. Three of us, Kcee, Presh and I shared the other room. And anyone that was lucky among three of us to bring someone home, (you know what I mean) will use the remaining bedroom for the night. Others straight to the living room. From a close observation, Juliet was humble, quiet, prayerful, steadfast and focused too. She is the definition of loyalty. She could be in her room for weeks and her phone will not ring for once, except E-Money called her. For a young pretty girl that prays for hours almost daily, you will want to wonder what kind of a young energetic girl she is and why she is so loyal to a man that she is not married to. She was all a man needed to grow in life.

E-Money is a good man with a heart of gold and meant well for everyone, especially his loved ones. One day while I was driving him somewhere, he told me about his girlfriend, Juliet. He said: "Fish you see that my girlfriend Juliet, I thank God for bringing her to my life. She just graduated from LASU while I didn't attend any University but she has been with me thick and think. In times of pains and suffering, she is always there and supportive. She doesn't complain no matter the situation. She is loyal to the core and has never disrespected me for one day. I am wondering what I can ever do on earth to show her my appreciation. She is my backbone." I told him I have seen and can confirm all that he has said. And I remainded him: "you know you are going to be a billionaire", he said yes, I said, "don't ever leave her. Marry her and make her happy forever."

Two weeks later E-Money bought a vehicle for Juliet and asked me to teach her how to drive the car. It was a personal request as his close pal. I accepted to teach Juliet how to drive and even became her part time driver because of her way of life. I taught E-Money's wife how to drive at Omole Phase 1 and most often drove her to LASU where she usually go for her final clearance.

E-Money's first Attempt At Business and Failure

From 2008, E-Money stopped attending clubs and shows with us. When I asked him why he didn't come with us, he would tell me that he was working hard to improve his business, that he intends to start a furniture business at Ikotun, Lagos. That he wants to be importing furnitures and warehouse them at the office space he acquired at Ikotun. I was happy at the development because he is a generous person. If E-Money succeeds, KcPresh who I worked for will be prosperous too. So I was very happy. However, the business didn't go well as planned. He lost a huge amount of money but he didn't give up. He smiled and told me that the devil is joking that he would continue untill he makes it. One day, he called me to go with him to Omole Phase 11 that he wants to rent an apartment there so that his woman can live comfortably. So we went there together. On getting there the agent delayed coming to open the 5 bedroom duplex for us, so we sat inside his car and gisted. He told me he liked me because I was hard working and humble that irrespective of my degree in political science that I still drives his wife around. He asked me to be patient that his business will soon pick up and when it does, I will be his manager and the one to travel out of the country to get his stocks and other business interest for him. I thanked him in advance and was happy. I didn't know why but I always believed in him.

My Exit As Manager and E-Money's Breakthrough

I was happy about E-Money's offer to me. However, I did not stay to see that promise come to pass. Either because of my impatience, different ambition or I was not destined to make it in life through E-Money. I woke up one morning and decided to go back to Akwa Ibom state to pursue a master programme in International Relations at the University of Uyo. I gave KCee a resignation letter. He was angry with me because I did not confide in him first, but went to E-Money. I had gone to discuss my exit with E-Money first because we got more closer than I was to KCee. I bid KcPresh farewell and had a long discussion with E-Money. He is the nicest man I've ever met. When I left, after three years - precisely 2011, I watched him on TV being referred to as E-Money (while I was with them, we called him Emeka), astonished, I called to ask U-tug, one of KcPresh's protege why Emeka is now called E-Money. He explained that the E stands for Emeka while they add Money because of his breakthrough in business and that he's now a big time billionaire into importing and exporting and spends charitably. I smile because it was meant to be. I witnessed how hard he was working and knew he would become rich. But I didn't know it would come that fast. I was happy and called E-Money immediately to say the usual "hi, hello, thought I should say hi to you" (the grammar you make when you want a successful man to notice that you are still alive). He was glad to hear from me. Even after three years of my exit, whenever KcPresh visits Uyo for a show or concert, I always go to keep them company, and sometimes do the manager job. We attend night clubs, seat outs together, I do stayed late in their hotel rooms, we visited government officials etc, together. E-Money finally succeeded after long years of struggle. Today he is into Oil and Gas and Emmy Cargoes Nigeria Limited formerly called Borisa Nigeria Limited (a shipping company) and also has a different chain of businesses abroad and is worth over $100 million dollars.

E-Money's Wealth: an Evidence of Hardwork & Determination

There are various lessons to be learnt from the successes of E-Money - a man who grew from grass to grace. First, is consistency and hardwork. He never gave up when faced with failure. He would scheme to succeed and didn't take failure for an answer. Second, E-Money is a very honest man. A trait I think aided his breakthrough. He doesn't say what he won't do. If he gives you his word, take it to the bank, he would keep it. He took that honest character to his business. Most youths wants to excel but they are not honest. Honesty gives someone an edge. Third, is the power of the tongue. E-Money kept saying that he would make it in life. He was dreaming big. He knew exactly what he wanted to become and he worked tirelessly to achieve it. There is definitely power in the tongue. Anything you want to achieve in life, keep saying it, practice it and it will come to pass. Forth, your success also depends on the type of woman you keep. Juliet was a solid pillar as a girlfriend. She would always pray for him. She stood by him. Advised him. He got his final breakthrough via a contract worth billions of naira after he married Juliet and as they left the venue of the marriage. This goes a long way to show that woman can determine your blessings or suffering. Juliet gave him the foundation for his success. A successful man without a good woman at home is a wasteful success. E-Money has continued to excel because of the peace he finds in his home. Finally, always try and wish people well. Pray for young men that are successful to succeed more, than beefing or villifying them. Most people vilifies E-Money today out of jealousy and sheer ignorance. They doubt his wealth and calls him funny names because they are not happy to see a young man succeeded without a godfather or mother. You can't be looking forward to excel in life by badmouthing successful people. Pray for them and trace how they made their money to enable you position yourself to achieve yours. The success of E-Money is one that should make every youth born without silver spoon to be proud of him. I am very glad my path crossed his, even though the role I played in his success story is insignificant. But history will judge that I bore witness to a young man who determined to make it in life and did made it. His story should inspire and motivate many young people around the world. He's an hero.

Don't give up in your hustle. Just believe.

1 Like

Re: Real Story Of How E-money Made His Wealth by dogmart(m): 11:34pm On Jan 04, 2021
Hmm
Re: Real Story Of How E-money Made His Wealth by Fedrick100: 11:46pm On Jan 04, 2021
He no later make you rich or what

1 Like

Re: Real Story Of How E-money Made His Wealth by doyin01: 12:16am On Jan 05, 2021
When he was poor ,did we ask him how he made his "poverty".....his life his business jare....
Re: Real Story Of How E-money Made His Wealth by Tookool(m): 12:46am On Jan 05, 2021
Someone who was poor bought food at exotic restaurant for 3 of you 3 times a week, someone who was poor paid rent for a 2 bedroom apartment in Lagos and also paid for his own accomodation in a different location, someone who was poor had a Benz and bought another car for his gf. You should have just said he was living an average life

6 Likes

Re: Real Story Of How E-money Made His Wealth by Nobody: 1:55am On Jan 05, 2021
I wan blow like this guy.
Re: Real Story Of How E-money Made His Wealth by FarahAideed: 2:08am On Jan 05, 2021
The story never still complete

1 Like

Re: Real Story Of How E-money Made His Wealth by BlessedNuel: 7:21am On Jan 05, 2021
Hardwork and consistency pays real good
Re: Real Story Of How E-money Made His Wealth by iamJ(m): 3:16pm On Feb 04, 2021
Got nothing against the guy but this story is gist, people that worked hard for their money don't act the way he does, their money talks for them.

2 Likes

Re: Real Story Of How E-money Made His Wealth by Nobody: 12:47am On Feb 05, 2021
Hmmm so E stand for Emeka ...Emeka-Money.
Good Wife is all I read here.
Re: Real Story Of How E-money Made His Wealth by Jazzafizzy(f): 11:09am On Feb 05, 2021
What an inspiring write-up. Baba God pick my call me sef wan blow baba .

(1) (Reply)

E-money Follows Obi Cubana's Footsteps, Releases His Own Drink Branded "E-money" / Anita Drags Paul Okoye To Court For Sleeping With Housemaid, Florence / Tuface Is Empty Then P Square, Banky W And Dbanj Are …?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.