Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,776 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:00 AM

Trump: 'there's No Way We Lost Georgia; That Was A Rigged Election' - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Trump: 'there's No Way We Lost Georgia; That Was A Rigged Election' (144 Views)

The Dramatic Fall Of Ellen Degeneres Marks A Shift In The Way We See Celebrities / Nigeria Lady Writes Trump “there Is Soleimani The Second In Nigeria” That ... / Drivers Rush To Grab Free ₦63m In Cash After Armored Truck's Door Opened Georgia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trump: 'there's No Way We Lost Georgia; That Was A Rigged Election' by oweoiso: 4:32am On Jan 05, 2021
Stumping on the eve of the Georgia Senate runoffs, President Donald Trump vowed "I don't concede," delivering perhaps the final consequential campaign rally of his presidency Monday night in Dalton, Georgia.

"There is no way we lost Georgia," Trump told a raucous crowd of thousands. "That was a rigged election, but we are still fighting it, and you're going to see what will happen.

"I had two elections," he added. "I won both of them. It's amazing. I did much better on the second one."

The House and Senate will weigh the Electoral College votes in a joint session of Congress on Wednesday. Groups of Republicans in both chambers are planning to contest the certification of votes in a number of key battleground states, including Georgia, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Nevada, Wisconsin, and Michigan.

"Can't let it happen – nothing and no one will be able to stop them," Trump said of losing the Senate, but denying he himself has lost Nov. 3 to Joe Biden amid allegations of voter and election fraud.

"The Senate seats are the last line of defense. I must preface, because they will say, 'he just conceded.'

"No, no, I don't think so. I don't concede."

But before the Electoral College on Wednesday, incumbent Sens. Kelly Loeffler, R-Ga., and David Perdue, R-Ga., are facing stiff challenges Tuesday from Democrats Rev. Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff in a battle that will seal the Senate majority.

Republicans have already clinched at least a tie with 50 seats, so winning just one will keep control in the hands of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.

"I have to tell you the stakes of this election could not be higher," Trump said. "You vote [Tuesday]. People want to go out. They don't want to do the ballot thing, unless it's the other side. They want to go and vote. Make sure your vote is counted. Don't let them say, 'I'm sorry, someone else voted for you.'

"The radical Democrats are trying to capture Georgia Senate seats, so they will have absolute power over every aspect of your lives, if the liberal Democrats take the Senate and the White House. https://britishcounciluk.instructure.com/eportfolios/1646

"And they are not taking this White House. We will fight like h*ll. I will tell you right now."

Trump railed against the courts refusing to take the campaign election cases on "standing."

"I'm not happy with the Supreme Court," Trump said. "They're not stepping up. I'm not happy with them."

Sen. Loeffler announced she is joining the Senate GOP fight against certifying the Electoral College vote for Biden.

"I have an announcement, Georgia," she told the rally. "On Jan. 6, I will object to the Electoral College vote. We will get this done, Georgia.

"I have a very important question for you: Are you ready to show America that Georgia is a red state?

"That's right. That's right. This president fought for us. We are fighting for him. He put America first. He put the American worker first. Thanks, Mr. President. He stood with our men and women of law enforcement and restored our military." https://britishcounciluk.instructure.com/eportfolios/1647

After brief addresses from Loeffler and first daughter Ivanka Trump, Trump returned to the mic to tell supporters to vote to have stop the "steal."

"Our entire nation is counting on the people of Georgia – in a way the world is counting on the people of Georgia," Trump said. "The fate of our country is at stake. It's in your hands.

"You must deliver a Republican victory so big that the Democrats can't steal it or cheat it away. They will be trying. I will tell you that.

"We have all seen what our opponents are capable of doing. I ran two elections. I won both of them – second one much more successful than the first. But we can't let this happen any longer."

Flying in from Washington, D.C., on the eve of the special runoff elections, President Trump swooped in on Marine One with Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Fortunate Son," Queen's "We Are the Champions" blaring over the loudspeaker.

(1) (Reply)

Why China's Dominance Of Global Aviation Is Inevitable / Nigerian Newspapers: Top 10 Headlines For Sun, Jan 10th, 2021 / Nba Top Performances Last Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.