Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Which Time Series Can Be Used For ML Algorithm - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Time Series Can Be Used For ML Algorithm (197 Views)

Thread For Nairaland Algorithm Questions / Programming Not Enough Anymore: Data Analysis, Ml And A.i Is The Future. / Simple Algorithm Exercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Time Series Can Be Used For ML Algorithm by robertd453: 8:07am On Jan 05, 2021
I am a beginner in the ML/data science world.

I have a group of training data with the following characteristics.

Each training data is located in a separate file (this is just for elaborating the problem, not directly related to the question).
Each of these files contains tab-separated values of variables that progress over the course of an event - from the epoch of the event to the end of the event. For example,

1 5 8 3
9 4 3 11

... and so on.

Here 1, 5, 8, and 3 are values of 4 different variables at the event epoch. 9, 4, 3, and 11 are the values of the same variables after a certain progression of the event, and so on.

Each of these data is correlated to the values of all variables of the previous row. For example, 9 (Row 2, Col 1) is dependent on 1, 5, 8, 3 (each value of Row 1). Same for value in any other cell in Row 2.

I have many instances (i.e., files) of such training data.
I would like to train a generative network with the available training data to produce a data set that starts from an event epoch to the end of the event.

Which ML algorithm should I use?

I saw in other posts people have recommended using LSTM for such time series training data. I also saw recommendations for using any supervised GAN algorithm. If someone has solved a similar problem, will greatly appreciate any feedback and pointers to a code reference.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Learn Web Design Vb Asp Dot Net / A Good Mobile Developer Based In Rivers State Needed / The Ultimate Method To Convert M4V To MP3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.