Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,339 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam (19469 Views)

The Pains, The Agony Of Ayobo Road Users In Lagos (Photos) / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / Mile 2/Apapa Expressway: The Agony Of Lagos Commuters (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by Maureenho(f): 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2021
olmoRoc:
Sorry to hear of your plight. However, you'd have to go to Bangkok, Manila, or KL.

Mind you, if the criminals working at the KL office some years ago are still there, then, it's a no go area.

The nearest place to get it done is Malaysia but one needs to pay $1600 for 14 days quarantine and before Vietnam allows one in, he has to get an entry permission from their government and in turn pay $1500 for 14 days quarantine. Vietnam government does not grant any African entry permit ones on exit the country. My friends that came back to Nigeria to renew theirs spent not less than $3000 on flight ticket alone and they are already stuck in Nigeria. It is terrible
Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by Maureenho(f): 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2021
Citygal:

Op, follow this advice, those embassies will jack up to responsibilities immediately.

I posted it here at twitter before posting it here and I tagged every concerned persons. It is all over the twitter
Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by Maureenho(f): 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2021
molbic:
well the person is dr Ahmed Isah of breketeh family ,you can check him out on YouTube or Facebook ,my brother' s passport got renewed because of his efforts and again Nigerian embassy in italy became better today is also because of his efforts mind you am Igbo

I have called and called but no picking. I sent text messages on the number. I equally tagged him on twitter too including Brekete Radio
Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by Maureenho(f): 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2021
LiftedMan:
same issue in qatar, i posted about it in the thread below. i had to go to Nigeria las las.

The Pain Of Expired Passport Holders In Qatar. - Travel - Nairaland

I share in your pains. I know what you passed through and what you are passing through now. The question is not going to Nigeria to do it but Vietnam can not allow us in again. They have stop giving African visa.
Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by Maureenho(f): 8:43pm On Jan 07, 2021
quentin06:
wetin una dey go find for Vietnam? Are there no villages in Nigeria needing development?

Dem developers you think you have the right to get lost in obscure places in the world.

You don't have to come online and display your level of your education. You have Internet and phone in your hands, try and do a little research. Your are the type that base in Nigeria and will be giving advice about what happens in abroad.

Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 07, 2021
Maureenho:

I posted it here at twitter before posting it here and I tagged every concerned persons. It is all over the twitter

Oh! Good! Continue to follow up until necessary actions are taken.

Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 07, 2021
Maureenho:

I share in your pains. I know what you passed through and what you are passing through now. The question is not going to Nigeria to do it but Vietnam can not allow us in again. They have stop giving African visa.

Jesu!!!! Is this true
Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by Maureenho(f): 10:26pm On Jan 07, 2021
Please guys on twitter, this is the twitter handle I tagged and some other ones. Please us to retweet it Please �.

https://twitter.com/Christo41287045/status/1347292632855191552?s=08
Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by Maureenho(f): 10:28pm On Jan 07, 2021
Citygal:

Jesu!!!! Is this true

Very true. You can make your own enquiries about it.
Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by LiftedMan: 12:57pm On Jan 08, 2021
Maureenho:

My case was so traumatic cause i risked loosen my job and residency because of this issue until the government of Qatar made it easier to return to Qatar if you exited. many who left before the new policy still cant come back till date. thank God i had some money saved up. Nigeria has a lot to do when it comes to passport renewals and issuing, many foreigners around me just couldn't understand why i needed to go back to Nigeria for the sake of my passport during a pandemic. I just told myself I DO NOT OWE NIGERIA ANYTHING[b][/b]
Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by LiftedMan: 1:00pm On Jan 08, 2021
Citygal:

Oh! Good! Continue to follow up until necessary actions are taken.

I did the same thing also before i finally went to Nigeria risking it all. make sure you copy buhari and the yemi osibanjo and the controller general of the immigration in your tweet and punch newspaper you'll get a quicker response
Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by LiftedMan: 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
Maureenho:

The nearest place to get it done is Malaysia but one needs to pay $1600 for 14 days quarantine and before Vietnam allows one in, he has to get an entry permission from their government and in turn pay $1500 for 14 days quarantine. Vietnam government does not grant any African entry permit ones on exit the country. My friends that came back to Nigeria to renew theirs spent not less than $3000 on flight ticket alone and they are already stuck in Nigeria. It is terrible

this happened in Qatar until the government changed it recently. now every one that exit after the new policy get a re-entry re-entry permit automatically.

Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by LiftedMan: 1:07pm On Jan 08, 2021
moonraker:
Same with the Embassy in Tokyo.

Absolutely useless.

Phone numbers dont work. Embassy closed!!!!

Nothing works in this country.

The embassy in Qatar is more useless, the only good thing in the embassy here is the Kenyan Lady working at the embassy. that lady legit told us to go to Nigeria if we can to renew our passport that embassy doesn't have a passport machine.
Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 10, 2021
Maureenho:

You don't have to come online and display your level of your education. You have Internet and phone in your hands, try and do a little research. Your are the type that base in Nigeria and will be giving advice about what happens in abroad.

sorry o, but if living abroad is such a paradise why make it a paradox by crying for help from your brothers living in a shit hole?
Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by Maureenho(f): 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2021
quentin06:

sorry o, but if living abroad is such a paradise why make it a paradox by crying for help from your brothers living in a shit hole?

Guess you are frustrated. If man is God. Thank God our soro soke has been heard and rules were mended. Thanks everyone who lend a voice.

Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 10, 2021
Maureenho:

Guess you are frustrated. If man is God. Thank God our soro soke has been heard and rules were mended. Thanks everyone who lend a voice.

Please, has the embassy agreed to issue you the renewed passport ?
Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by tardell007(m): 10:59pm On Jan 10, 2021
Maureenho:
We have two Embassies in Vietnam and non of them is issuing passport. They are always at the mercy of Nigerian Embassy in Malaysia. A lot of us who are genuinely working are at edge of loosing our work because of issue of expired passport.

Staying a day after ones visa expiration in Vietnam is 5 years entry sanction. Why can’t Nigeria immigration Service do non-appearance passport for those their passports have expired like other African countries here in Vietnam.

Most of the African countries don’t even have Embassies much more a passport desk here but they never lack any basic service from their government. My Ghanaian and Uganda friends are not shaken at all by this pandemic limitations and expiring passport wahala. My Ghanaians friend sent their copy of their expiring passports to their High Commission in Malaysia and all their passport were done and sent back to them through DHL.

Ours is a different ball game even when we have our finger prints and details in the immigration database. Most countries don't have issues with their own Embassies even when the Embassies are not sited here. They are 100% assured of any basic needs they might be in need. Why are we a pain to our citizens. Why can't the citizens of Nigeria be proud of Nigeria just for once. I am really pained and our help is only from above. We have the risk of loosing our jobs and returning back to Nigeria just to renew our passport and have no chance of coming back due to the fact of border closing on foreigners. If our passports can't be renewed in another country where we have two Embassies then what is the purpose of having Embassies there.

Are we truly a shithole country likeTrump said?

Naija why? Are we cursed as a nation?
Analogue leaders in high places of authority?
What is wrong with us?

MODERATOR, please help push this to front page for wider view and possible help �
baba how do you cope in this country? 1USD is around 23000 Vietnam dong.
Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 12, 2021
Maureenho:

Am not frustrated, its you who is stranded and frustrated in a strange land.
Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by molbic(m): 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2021
Maureenho:

I have called and called but no picking. I sent text messages on the number. I equally tagged him on twitter too including Brekete Radio
well to me the easiest help you can get is through him ,I put the time in which you can call him his program is usually from 7:40 am to 10 am dot you can follow him live on YouTube or Facebook , just last week he helped someone in japan . he has a specific number for people in diaspora so that may be the reason he didn't pick when you called but here is his WhatsApp number 07040408060 check him out on facebook if you are really seriously I believe I've my best
Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by Maureenho(f): 6:36pm On Jan 12, 2021
Citygal:

Please, has the embassy agreed to issue you the renewed passport ?

They are issuing letter to submit to the immigration for renewal. My friend has gotten his but my own still have few months to go before renewal.
Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by Maureenho(f): 6:40pm On Jan 12, 2021
tardell007:
baba how do you cope in this country? 1USD is around 23000 Vietnam dong.

You don't use the exchange rate to judge the cost of living and other things. Their minimum wage is 72,000 naira. As an English teacher, you are considered as an expert and your salary ranges from $700-$2000 after tax depending on one experiences. You can make more researches on your own.

Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by Maureenho(f): 6:43pm On Jan 12, 2021
quentin06:

Am not frustrated, its you who is stranded and frustrated in a strange land.

I am not stranded and I can't be. If Nigerian government is up and doing, no one will come online to ask for a basic services other countries are enjoying without raising an eyes brow. This is 2021 and change your mentality.
Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by Maureenho(f): 6:44pm On Jan 12, 2021
molbic:
well to me the easiest help you can get is through him ,I put the time in which you can call him his program is usually from 7:40 am to 10 am dot you can follow him live on YouTube or Facebook , just last week he helped someone in japan . he has a specific number for people in diaspora so that may be the reason he didn't pick when you called but here is his WhatsApp number 07040408060 check him out on facebook if you are really seriously I believe I've my best

Thanks and we are already attended to.
Re: The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 12, 2021
Maureenho:

They are issuing letter to submit to the immigration for renewal. My friend has gotten his but my own still have few months to go before renewal.

That’s good to hear.

Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ogun, Two Die, 12 Vehicles Burnt / Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt / Bus Tumbles On Gbagada Oshodi Express In Lagos (photos)