Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,549 members, 7,955,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:10 PM

Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria (20132 Views)

My Sincere Advice To The Younger Professionals In The Construction Sector / Immigration Opportunities Available To Cyber Security Professionals In Canada / The Middle East- Another Great Destination For Healthcare Professionals To Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by Jackson105: 5:23pm On Apr 24, 2021
A
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by Bornboy4: 5:26pm On Apr 24, 2021
Nigerians are too money conscious.
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by Eriokanmi: 5:26pm On Apr 24, 2021
UstazAhmed:
At least they are earning more than men in the battle front
That's not true. Their job is more risky than those in the battle front. They save lives, including the lives of the injured soldiers. They both get killed by enemies ( drs tend to die of the same disease he/she's treating the patient with. They can also be killed by the enemies while treating the injured soldiers in the battle front). Many doctors have died of covid-19 in Nigeria alone. Soldiers kill enemies but drs save lives.

1 Like

Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by jabberjawz: 5:30pm On Apr 24, 2021
heykims:
Concocted figures. Medical doctors post NYSC are even placed on grade level 13. Pays are higher than what the op posted. They are notwithstanding still underpaid though.
Nigerians are funny, as in it seems someone just sat down and started dashing out figures.
Where in Nigeria did u see nurses even in private hospitals being paid per hour.

Dude counter him with facts, if you are not sure of something, ask questions so you can learn....my wife is a nurse & the figures stated there reflects the actual reality in Nigeria......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by obonujoker(m): 5:39pm On Apr 24, 2021
Shebi it's you people out if tribalism voted for a clown and failure like Buhari?? You must suffer the consequences...
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by polariss(m): 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2021
Matheusmartin:
Already practicing?
Or still schooling??

Still schooling.

1 Like

Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by KINGJAJA888(m): 5:59pm On Apr 24, 2021
@Op. Where is the Salary range for Radiographers? I Can't see it here. Abi dem no be health professionals too? undecided
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by Emary(f): 6:16pm On Apr 24, 2021
Jesuschristus:
Lol, Itsnt as bad as this in Nigeria, the person that wrote this rubbish should at least do some research

I can confirm that these abysmal figures are correct which is why many of us don't focus much on practice or run to NGOs or go abroad.

1 Like

Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by Matheusmartin: 6:32pm On Apr 24, 2021
polariss:

Still schooling.
Cool.
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by Jesuschristus: 6:37pm On Apr 24, 2021
Emary:

I can confirm that these abysmal figures are correct which is why many of us don't focus much on practice or run to NGOs or go abroad.

No Itsnt ,maybe u are still a student, the figure for gov hospital is very wrong
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by Emary(f): 6:50pm On Apr 24, 2021
Jesuschristus:

No Itsnt ,maybe u are still a student, the figure for gov hospital is very wrong

It's either you're not reading correctly or you're purposely being antagonistic. He mentioned entry levels and minimum wages in all areas. He also didn't specify if it was federal or state. If you had an odd case who entered at higher levels, it doesn't mean you should generalise.

And for your info, I have been a doctor for a long time.
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by YorubaLord: 6:56pm On Apr 24, 2021
Cree:
Please I just want to go to Canada as a Pharmacist. I'm tired here

Why are you complaining to us? Keep complaining while ur fellow colleagues are busy getting stuff done. cool
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by Jesuschristus: 7:06pm On Apr 24, 2021
Emary:

It's either you're not reading correctly or you're purposely being antagonistic. He mentioned entry levels and minimum wages in all areas. He also didn't specify if it was federal or state. If you had an odd case who entered at higher levels, it doesn't mean you should generalise.

And for your info, I have been a doctor for a long time.

Now I understand, maybe u collect the least pay that many people will reject
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by Jasiro: 7:06pm On Apr 24, 2021
I just want to marry a qualified nurse.
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by Emary(f): 7:14pm On Apr 24, 2021
Jesuschristus:

Now I understand, maybe u collect the least pay that many people will reject

Like I said, you're just here to antagonise. Well done, you hear.
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by Bigpat: 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2021
Cmanforall:

You think so?
Do you mean commissioned officers?

Commissioned or non commissioned, they risk their lives for others to live, saves lives and protect properties, does security not also mean anything, don't they also deserve to be paid well? Their importance is only known outside here
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by Jesuschristus: 7:31pm On Apr 24, 2021
Emary:

Like I said, you're just here to antagonise. Well done, you hear.

Don't mind me,have a nice time Bros
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by NairalandSARS: 7:43pm On Apr 24, 2021
Too much money.
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by Asauto(m): 7:45pm On Apr 24, 2021
Nurses? I guess this figure is from Google because they are not even paid per hour and even if you decide to divide the monthly salary into the number of hours they worked for the month, it is not close to the figure you are giving. Some Nigerian Nurses with first Degree are earning less than 50k per month in private hospitals.
The only people earning well are the ones in oil companies, sadly there are few of those jobs.
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by Cmanforall: 7:49pm On Apr 24, 2021
Bigpat:

Commissioned or non commissioned, they risk their lives for others to live, saves lives and protect properties, does security not also mean anything, don't they also deserve to be paid well? Their importance is only known outside here
I was asking, because it is terrible if they are paid that low, especially with the type of risks they are exposed to
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by famzynet: 8:55pm On Apr 24, 2021
KINGJAJA888:
@Op. Where is the Salary range for Radiographers? I Can't see it here. Abi dem no be health professionals too? undecided
Unfortunately,our radiographers have all ran to abroad where they are valued. It is difficult to see a radiographer practicing in Nigeria .
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 24, 2021
pocohantas:
That is why they are all leaving the country. I encourage them to leave sef.

May our rewards not be in heaven.

Hey how come you ignored my last mention?
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:30pm On Apr 24, 2021
heykims:
Concocted figures. Medical doctors post NYSC are even placed on grade level 13. Pays are higher than what the op posted. They are notwithstanding still underpaid though.
I'd agree if u say these figures are basic salaries without allowances.
Where in Nigeria did u see nurses even in private hospitals being paid per hour.
basic salary is 60k for a doctor, it's call alowance that now boost it up to that 150/198k you are seeing
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by polariss(m): 9:35pm On Apr 24, 2021
Matheusmartin:
Cool.

Any Suggestions?
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2021
heykims:
I'd agree if u say these figures are basic salaries without allowances.
I can speak for doctors that the800 per hour rate is for locum jobs which are usually for short periods which is maximum of a month, it is usually employed by the private facilities who are in urgent need of a health worker.

If they now employ you full time, the rates are lower than #800 per hour, because it will be per month which can range from 80k -170k.
The usual working time will be 8am-4/5/6pm on weekdays and 48hr calls every alternate weekends.
That means in a month, the average doctor in the private sector only gets 4 days off. Which is the 2 weekends that he is not on call.

Hope you understand now.

1 Like

Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:42pm On Apr 24, 2021
Kinematics:

You are talking about government job right?
Because for private practice these figures are even better. Only in States like Lagos, Rivers and some northern states you'll get this or a little bit better in private practice.
it's worse in private sector
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by Matheusmartin: 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2021
polariss:

Any Suggestions?
I'm also a pharmacist in view.
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by ybn(m): 10:44pm On Apr 24, 2021
The figures for doctors in government hospitals is underrepresented. Their take home includes allowances that are not quoted by the OP. By the way, who is paid well in Nigeria?
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by Lilphat: 12:08am On Apr 25, 2021
Ok
Re: Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria by heykims(m): 2:40am On Apr 25, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
basic salary is 60k for a doctor, it's call alowance that now boost it up to that 150/198k you are seeing
Haba stop saying what u have no knowledge about. Even some junior staff in hospitals have basic of more than 60k.
For your info, post NYSC doctors are placed on CONMESS 3 and basic salary is more than 200k. That's outside other allowances. Of course tax would still be deducted.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NLC Protest Against Bad Companies In Lagos Turns Violent, Blows Exchanged / Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans? / 5 Traits That Will Make Others See You As A Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.