Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:10 AM

My Sincere Advice To The Younger Professionals In The Construction Sector - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Sincere Advice To The Younger Professionals In The Construction Sector (1033 Views)

Pay Rates For Healthcare Professionals In Nigeria / What My Younger Brother Did With Car Tires (Photos) / Massive Job Loss Looms In The Banking Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sincere Advice To The Younger Professionals In The Construction Sector by AsomArchitectNG(m): 3:25pm On Jun 28, 2022
AFTER STAYING LOYAL TO YOUR BOSS FOR A PERIOD, WHAT'S NEXT?

THE STEPS YOU MUST TAKE FOR YOUR NEXT PHASE OF LIFE.

From the first day that I resumed my first work after my NYSC, I knew what I wanted to gain from the company and how long I was to stay in the company. I gave my loyalty 100% to the company.

Many people don't have a clear picture and that is the main reason they are thinking they are being enslaved.

You need to ask yourself, after working with the company for so so years, what's next?"

You should know, "When will I stop working for my boss and what will I do next?"

You must have a clear picture of 5 to 10 years in advance.

This understanding will help you to know some other skills to acquire while still working with the company.
Professional skill is not enough to run a successful construction company. The knowledge of entrepreneurship must be learned along the line.

I normally make extra copies of any drawing or document that will be of help to me when I started my own company because the plan has been there already.

Don't just be working without any plans for the next stage of your life. If you do, you will be frustrated.

You want to progress, but have no plans for it. You are just doing the current day-to-day and hoping that some 'destiny-helper' will throw down the next big thing in your favor.

Here are the steps you need to work on for the next stage in your career :

1. Save at least 10-15% monthly for your plan.

2. Choose a career out of your profession. Somebody working in a structural design firm can think of steel fabrication as a career along with his/her profession.

3. Get a good name for the career, company logo, color, and address for the registration of the company.

4. Start buying tools and equipment that will help you in your new career.

5. Every month, make it a point of duty to at least read and learn something valuable about your choosing carrier. By doing this you're adding value to yourself.

6. Add some business stuff such as product marketing and or, services that can get you more money to the career. Like, such as trying to supply and fabricate or rent out the equipment to it.

7. Have a clear picture of your targeted monthly income.

I carefully explained how to combine a career with your profession for you to double the opportunity at hand.

From my example, I left as a construction engineer but I had already mastered the art of structural design on full scale with nice laptops, generators, and printers. As of that moment when I left the job I had been equipped and got double sure that if construction work was not available, my structural design skill would be my soft landing and alternative to making it.

8.) The next phase is to register your own company and let your main profession and the career of your choice be on the company business list.

Write a good company profile and list all the jobs you executed with your boss.
Just write "involved and participated in the project"

9) The next is to plan to start getting contracts both in your main profession or in your career

If you keep your head low, lead a responsible life, leave decent savings and maintain a low-key lifestyle, you will live a better life than your peers.

No one has ever explained life to me in phases of progress like this. Everyone keeps saying I should work hard" during my time but the Holy Spirit revealed this to me.

My dear friend, when last did you sit down and plan a step-by-step journey into your next phase of increasing your earnings?

You are currently at the level of 80k to 200k monthly, what is your plan to enter the next phase?

Yes, there are miraculous destiny helpers that could appear.

But can you please just focus on creating a workable plan and following the same rather than waiting for a miracle?

Your next phase of growth can be carefully calculated from your current phase.

Interestingly, no one will do it for you.

You have to sit down, plan and do it yourself. Become a planner of your destiny for the next level.

Become not a planner but an executioner of your next level progress.

You shall never remain at this level in the next few years if you really mean business.

START YOUR NEXT LEVEL PLANNING.

Remember, if your eyes can see it, you can have it

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Sincere Advice To The Younger Professionals In The Construction Sector by presido997(m): 2:18pm On Jun 29, 2022
Wow! Well said

1 Like

Re: My Sincere Advice To The Younger Professionals In The Construction Sector by lilachiever(m): 8:16am On Oct 10, 2022
Topics like this should make front page.

2 Likes

Re: My Sincere Advice To The Younger Professionals In The Construction Sector by absool(m): 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2022
What was the salary range during your first year?
Re: My Sincere Advice To The Younger Professionals In The Construction Sector by tochyano2: 3:04am On Oct 16, 2022
Insightful

1 Like

Re: My Sincere Advice To The Younger Professionals In The Construction Sector by iduzebaba(m): 12:59pm On Feb 16, 2023
Re: My Sincere Advice To The Younger Professionals In The Construction Sector by akaahs(m): 1:29pm On Feb 16, 2023
Only few that study courses in construction break through and become exceptional.
Reasons being that, our curriculum is mostly theoretical devoid practicals.
I study civil engineering, started right from technical college but I'm yet to break into the construction industry. I have relevant skills both hard and soft but i can seems to break in.
Im a member of NATE and NICE, im yet to register with NSE and COREN due to financial implications but technical report is ready anytime i have the money, im gonna register.
I spent a lot of time and money to learn auto cad, civil cad, prota structures and solid works, some of them i don dey forget sef.
There are time i even volunteer to offer free services but no company reply me.
I think, engineering bodies need to up their games in terms internship just like our counterparts in the health sector.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy In A Happy Bank / Ciw Certification Training Providers In Lagos / Are You Writing Cfa December 2008 Exams?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.