Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? (22552 Views)

UBER VS DANFO Business, Wch One Is Better / A Lagos Danfo Turned To Bar And Restaurant-photo / Keke Napep, Danfo Bus Or Uber? Which Is A More Profitable Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by Oyindamolah: 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2021
StacyO:

That's deep.
Yeah sis
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by Oyindamolah: 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2021
StacyO:

That's deep.
Yeah sis
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by Oyindamolah: 12:07pm On Jan 08, 2021
emmadejust:
no I'm not driving it myself ,

I only start driving it sometimes when i dont have job at hand after corona lockdown 2020.
What you should know is the right time for maintenance, like the underneath , wheel greasing, hub bearing change/greasing, engine oil services (3weeks), door bearing change, hydraulic refil, clutch plate rebinding, clutch pot rubber services against licking of hydraulic.

Importantly don't forget to always check your gear oil gage , banjo oil seal lickage , gear oil refill every two week ...
Remember the gear is the life of this bus and it very expensive to buy should it damage..
I repeat don't play or forget gear oil refill, check whether any lickage underneath when it pack so u can change the banjo oil seal, or the casing itself..
Naa only gear damage can kill ur moral in the business..

Other factor is you should pray against accident where there is a casualty

U better u give someone to be a manager for u who have the bus as a business , or like a mechanic, panel beater, or even conductor to manage the driver and the bus.

Connect with me on WhatsApp
Why not open a WhatsApp group for other to learn from your wealth of experience

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by Leezah(f): 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

Definitely, venturing into business is great stuff, but the person must know what they are doing and what they want and have a stomach for accepting losses.

Can't count How many times I've been battered.
Lol!
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by thatsleepboy1: 8:08pm On Jan 12, 2021
StacyO:
Hello, men in the house.
I'm planning on investing some money into the danfo business world.
But,I still haven't gotten any tangible info from most of the researches I've made.

I know there are a lot involved in it but,I want to know roughly, the total amount of money one needs to hold on to, before venturing into the business.
With the purchase of the bus, maintenance and perhaps government clearance.
Can a million naira be able to possibly get all this things sorted out??

For a fact I won't be the one driving it,how much returns do you think the driver should drop for me everyday?

Candid advice needed.

cc seun lalasticlala mynd44

why don't you start with korope first or uber where it'll be more easier for you. you can link your vehicle with Uber so that they'll get a drive for you. all you need is just a legal backing and you can also put it up for weekly delivery. that'll be better for you or you can decide to put it up for hire purchase.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by lekki1444: 8:26pm On Jan 12, 2021
you need a gun and a tracker cuz those drivers will frustrate your life

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by Righteousness2(m): 8:28pm On Jan 12, 2021
StacyO:
Hello, men in the house.
But,I still haven't gotten any tangible info from most of the researches I've made.

I know there are a lot involved in it but, I want to know roughly, the total amount of money one needs to hold on to, before venturing into the business.

For a fact I won't be the one driving it, how much returns do you think the driver should drop for me everyday?

Candid advice needed.

If u don't have a Strong Heart/Mind , Do not venture into that business!
I Repeat, if you don't have a strong heart/mind, do not enter that business

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by onward4life(m): 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2021
StacyO:
Hello, men in the house.

I know there are a lot involved in it but, I want to know roughly, the total amount of money one needs to hold on to, before venturing into the business.

For a fact I won't be the one driving it, how much returns do you think the driver should drop for me everyday?

Candid advice needed.

Madam trust me

It's not a woman's world...

Ur hair go turn grey before Independence day..

Invest in daily consumables

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by lagdmark(m): 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2021
StacyO:
Hello, men in the house.

Candid advice needed.
Ask Alhaji MC Oluomo

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by newoffer: 8:33pm On Jan 12, 2021
SavageResponse:

Before you go into this business first make sure that you don't already have High Blood Pressure!

True. U go dey hear stories like stock wey Jedi Jedi dey do. Hire purchase is the best
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by ipobarethieves: 8:33pm On Jan 12, 2021
cool transportation business isn't for the fainthearted.If u aren't strong/can withstand storm (wish U understand).Dnt venture into transportation business.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by naijadrivablog: 8:34pm On Jan 12, 2021
My advice, if you won't drive the bus yourself, don't start it.
Why? I did transportation business for years.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by boringdraw: 8:34pm On Jan 12, 2021
THIEF THEIF THEIF
THIS GUY WITH DIS NUMBER
Data Sell: 0043467599
Asomugha ifeanyi onyebuchi
Access bank
Do let me know when you are done
THIS GUY POSTING AS A DATA SELLER IS A THEIF

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by stupidmod2: 8:34pm On Jan 12, 2021
same with me but i gave keke out.

d driver tries to give excuse weekly i just tell him to drop d one he brought n balance d rest d next day else drop my keke I will look for another person he will end up balancing n say he borrowed, go into it.

if u dont trust ur driver change am.
simple

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by evamena: 8:38pm On Jan 12, 2021
you want to die quickly, abeg give me the cash make i take am do better thing. as long as you dont work at the park, u no be agbero and u are not the one driving the bus, na kill you want kill urself. u get money to waste
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by excanny: 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2021
StacyO:
Hello, men in the house.

Candid advice needed.

Don't do it, except u are driving it urself. It will end in tears.

If no any other business comes to ur head. Use that money to buy a land with good documents.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by Pioneer01: 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2021
1 million should do...but get a very trusted driver sha to avoid premium tears grin

If u're here nd planning on starting a business too but no enough capital...just chill and join pi network... That would be one of ur best decision dis year...mark my word!!
Don't miss out wink
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by Myketuale(m): 8:42pm On Jan 12, 2021
StacyO:
Hello, men in the house.

Candid advice needed.

Oboi u don spoil everything
As you said you will not be the one to drive it.
Please if you don't want heart attack don't give your bus to anybody.
E get why.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by josielewa(m): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2021
Pioneer01:
1 million should do...but get a very trusted driver sha to avoid premium tears grin

If u're here nd planning on starting a business too but no enough capital...just chill and join pi network... That would be one of ur best decision dis year...mark my word!!
Don't miss out wink
guy, u don mine better..I still dey 489
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by tolajay: 8:46pm On Jan 12, 2021
Hi,

Where's your location?

I'll need some help with contacting the agents that buy vehicles from Benin Republic.

Thanks

Yusufisraelj:

You see this depends on where you stay? Here in my place, you should be looking at #750,000 bkos of the demographics things are not expensive here and auto delears deal directly from Benin republic, so they buy the vehicle at 450 or so and sell at 700 while the 50K takes care of contingencies and the clearance.

Drivers license will be taken care of by the driver, while you take care of vehicle particulars until he remits as agreed that's if you would want to give over the vehicle.

But your location seriously informs cost. But the beautiful thing is if done right you have nothing to worry about as regards profit.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by Johnnyplus01k(m): 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2021
Are you the one to drive by yourself? If you are not the one to drive, is better you give the money to help motherless baby. Because drivers enjoy what the owners can't spend.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by ashantitope: 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2021
Firstly a million can't be enough because you can't easily see varagon or T4 at that price secondly am not discouraging you about the business but you can't gain from it if you are not doing it by your self I have like 3 before I sold them off one after the other just because am working and expecting money but I received story everyday

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by AZUH: 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2021
You will buy the bus ,put it on higher purchase,do not work on deliver unless you are steady to stay at the bus stop

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by lakkyflow(m): 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2021
obalala:
High blood pressure, you will shout and shout ehen... bought a TokunboT4 bus 2018, gave it out on Hire purchase 30k per week ... sighs the story is long my brother. I’m presently trying to sell the bus for 400k... if you ain’t the one driving it bro don’t enter transportatiom business esp in Lagos
Good day . can we talk on the T4 you want to sell , it might interest you .. 090 five 9 105.8 78. Thanks
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2021
kill buhari all ur problem solved
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by Idaytesj29(m): 8:49pm On Jan 12, 2021
StacyO:
Hello, men in the house.

Candid advice needed.

I'm a fan of transport business as my side hustle, funding is currently limiting me. But my candid advise is , if you can't handle the business by yourself, don't venture into it
Pls
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by awulio(f): 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2021
@Stacy I’m also thinking of starting a transportation business and I’m a female. I think the most important thing is to get someone you trust to drive the Danfo....Even if you are a woman they can still listen but you need to become like Margret Thatcher and be a Iron Lady.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:51pm On Jan 12, 2021
tolajay:
Hi,

Where's your location?

I'll need some help with contacting the agents that buy vehicles from Benin Republic.

Thanks

Pls get my contact from my profile, recently gave the contact to someone via what's up.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by Fixed: 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2021
Oyindamolah:
Transportation business is high risk especially if you are not the one directly handling and managing it - keke, danfo or uber. It can run you down in a few months into the business.

Nigerian commercial motorists operating on hired purchase arrangements are the worst property managers and untrust-worthy fellows. It's takes grace for you not to commit murder and suicide when dealing with them.

Your best bet is to run it yourself. Keke, Danfo or Uber are all profitable. It depends on your capital outlay to support it. For example,
Danfo is about 950k
Uber Corolla, a very good first grade tokunbo 1.2m

Keke is about 750k.

I have known some acquaintance who started from Keke and added danfo in a few months.

The issue with danfo is the stress, not everyone doing uber can do danfo. as regards the stress "agbero" wahala. If u are not the troublesome type, you are going to find it difficult, troubles from passengers, agberos, name it, it will frustrate you, but that's if you are driving it yourself.

Danfo 950k? Certainly this your tokunbo danfo will require a lot of work before it can be engaged for transport business. An extra budget will be required. Even tokunbo golf 3 no longer sell for 1m.

Uber Tokunbo Corolla 1.2m? This is simply unrealistic sir whether from Cotonou or not except you are buying a stolen tokunbo corolla.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by TripleA9: 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2021
My dear, Transportation business is lucrative but stress filled and full of risks, especially in Lagos. If you really want to go into it, don't let anyone discourage you. There is no worthy venture without risks. I would just advise that...
1. Try to know as much as you can about the transport business.
2. You get a trustworthy person to drive it if you aren't driving it yourself.
3. Contact a lawyer to draft a proper agreement between you and the driver so that you can be covered in case anything occurs.
4. Continue to ask advice from people who are already in the business.
I wish you success in your business ventures.

Ps.. I am a lawyer and you can consult with me on anything.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by Spain007(m): 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2021
StacyO:
Hello, men in the house.

Candid advice needed.

if you can meet with MC OLUOMO you don blow
Re: How Much Do I Need To Start A Danfo Business?? by Pauladex(m): 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2021
Somebody's husband is going to new trade. God safe men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EU Reports Nigeria To World Trade Organisation Over Dairy Restrictions / Ussd Codes For Nigerian Banks / How To Open 80% Rated USA Verified Paypal Account Using Nigeria As Nationality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.