Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

PDP Lawmaker, Nkole Begs Orjo Kalu To Support Ikpeazu (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Lawmaker, Nkole Begs Orjo Kalu To Support Ikpeazu (photos) (248 Views)

Abia State Government House Completed By Ikpeazu (Photos) / Kanu Nwankwo And His Family Visit Ikpeazu (Photos) / Chima Anyaso Donates 20 Vehicles To Ikpeazu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PDP Lawmaker, Nkole Begs Orjo Kalu To Support Ikpeazu (photos) by AgencyReport: 7:38pm On Jan 05, 2021
Hon Nkole Extols Kalu's Statesmanship, Tasks Abians To Support Ikpeazu (Photos)

A member of the House of Representatives, Hon. Uko Nkole has lauded the Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu for his statesmanship at maintaining a bipartisan synergy among members of the ruling and opposition parties both at the state and federal level.

Nkole, a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) member disclosed this on Monday during a condolence visit by the Chief Whip and the Senator representing Abia North, Senator Kalu at his country home in Ozu Abam over the demise of his father, Chief Emmanuel Ndukwe Nkole.

Igbere TV recalls that the Late Emmanuel Nkole, was laid to rest on 19th December, 2020. He died at age 79. Kalu on the other hand is an All Progressive Congress (APC) senator.

According to Nkole representing Arochukwu/Ohafia Federal Constituency at the green chambers, the bipartisan relationship has resulted to peace and unity being enjoyed in Abia state.

Nkole disclosed that the synergy led to the approval by the Federal Executive Council (FEC) to award the rehabilitation of Route F107 Umuahia-Bende-Ozu Abam-Ohafia road and the recent appropriation of funds in the 2021 budget for the rehabilitation of Umuahia-Uzuakoli-Alayi Igbere-Abiriba-Ohafia road.

He said, “In few times I have met you, Your Excellency, Distinguished Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, you have remained a strong and vocal supporter to our Governor. I have never neither heard nor read where you said anything against the leadership of the State and I want to urge everyone to emulate your style of leadership. Abia is our State and we must continue to project it positively.

“Public office is not for self-aggrandizement and popularity show but selfless service to the people. Our synergy in the National Assembly is bringing a lot of good tidings to our people.Your good works is a credit to the State, the Governor and Abians and I am happy that South East Governors are coming together despite their party affiliations.”

Earlier in his address, Senator Kalu while conveying his condolence message described Late Nkole as a man with distinct qualities and urged the Nkole's family to take solace in the fact that their Late father had gone to rest among the Saints.

He prayed for the peaceful repose of his gentle soul and fortitude for the family to bear the irreparable loss.

The two-time former Governor of Abia State while thanking Nkole for the warm hospitality accorded to them, further described him as a friendly and experienced federal lawmaker who has made an impact across the federal constituency through his effective and quality representation at the National Assembly.

The Senate Chief Whip specially commended Nkole for the enormous supports he has given to the Governor of Abia State, Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu and urged him never to relent in showing solidarity to the Governor adding that Ikpeazu as the political leader of the State deserves the unflinching supports of Abians.

“Hon. Nkole, I like you, you are my friend and my brother. I want to thank you for the supports you are showing to the Governor. Don't stop, continue moving in that direction. Okezie Ikpeazu is our leader and our Governor. For me, I will always support him at all times. My earnest prayer and need is to ensure that all Abians, Igbos and Nigerians continues to move forward.”

Senator Kalu applauded Nkole for always synergizing with him and other Federal legislators from Abia North extraction and noted that, the team work has created a more friendly and enabling environment for Abia North to keep progressing.

“In our State, we must work as one. In the National Assembly, we should continue to work as a team as we are doing now, if we don't work as a team, we will not be able to achieve much, but when we work as a team, we have everything by our side.”

The Abia North Senator further urged other political leaders to learn from his political philosophy, which is "politics without bitterness".

He advised political leaders to use their time to bring unity and love for one another and deliver democracy dividends that will be of immense benefits to the people.

“Let us use our time to preach love and bring dividends of democracy to our people. People we want to lift up is more important than people we want to pull down. Think about love, unity of purpose and understanding between one another. We must continue to preach so that our people will understand that we must believe in one united, peaceful and progressive Nigeria.”

Igbere TV reports that Chief Daniel Okeke; Mazi John Million Okeke, the APC Chairman, Arochukwu LGA; Dr, Maduka Ukaegbu; Mrs. Ezinne Odefa, Public Relations Officer, Michael Okpara Federal University of Agriculture, Umudike; among other dignatories accompanied Senator Orji Uzor Kalu on the condolence visit.

https://igberetvnews.com/1378007/hon-nkole-extols-kalus-statesmanship-tasks-abians-support-ikpeazu-photos/

Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44

Re: PDP Lawmaker, Nkole Begs Orjo Kalu To Support Ikpeazu (photos) by AgencyReport: 7:38pm On Jan 05, 2021
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Politics Of Homosexuality In First & Third Countries:My Personal Experience / Stakeholders Worry Over SIM Replacement, NIN Registration Policies / UN, Microsoft Helping To Scale Up The ESP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.