Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,525 members, 7,954,986 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:40 PM

How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years (16417 Views)

How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Thrice In 5 Years / Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2021
President Buhari is a good man that loves Nigerians so much. Why are people peddling fake news. I am quietly waiting for Lai Mohammed to come and tell me this strong allegation is fake news.
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2021
Buhari led Administration is cursed!!
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by Nchenches: 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2021
Young Nigerians during the 1970s can attest to the fact that METERS TO MEASURE electricity consumption were quickly available.

Today, meters are hardly available.

Nigeria retrogressive. Only progress is Fulani building its empire through government instruments.

Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by kolmart: 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2021
see lazy youth here saying power has improve if I may ask is it in your own papa compound alone power has improved? bunch of slaves
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2021
President .Buhari is a good man that loves Nigerians so much. Why are people peddling fake news. I am quietly waiting for Lai Mohammed to come and tell me this strong allegation is fake news.
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by Niceman4u(m): 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2021
That Buuhari has continued to make life difficult and unbearable to his citizens is not the issue, the most difficult thing to understand is how the urchins and cretins keep on supporting him in the midst of suffering.
There is virtually no sector or aspect of daily life Buhari has not touched with crushing pains.
Let me give u an example: to retrieve ur mobile SIM card now is like looking for American Visa.
Even farming where he said people should venture into, bandits and herdsmen won't allow the common go their in peace.
Inflation has gone much higher than ever in this country.
It is alright.
Both the hailers and wailers go to the same market.
The hailers will be fine one day.
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by shedy03(m): 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2021
andrewmeddy8:
Baba buhari the hiker master

but wait oo baba fit no dey aware of the hike
He will be shocked when he gets to know, lol.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by chozzy: 3:18pm On Jan 06, 2021
Useless president
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Lol.. Electricity tariff is TOO CHEAP for my liking! I can't remember when last power was interrupted here! To be honest, the money we pay is TOO LITTLE compared to the quality service we enjoy.

Nigerians, let's not be TOO GREEDY and unappreciative abeg!

Nigeria is blessed!

MODIFIED

Those evil wailers quoting and insulting me for speaking the truth, I forgive you all. I leave you guys to God.

But next time, instead of attacking me, ask for evidence. I am ready to upload any kinda evidence you want to PROVE that power has indeed improved tremendously. So if you like believe, if you like doubt. Na una sabi.

God bless Nigeria.
This man right here is a perfect example of an idiot.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2021
Everyone should start thinking of an alternative source of electricity. Inverter or solar any one you can afford, it's going to get very expensive soon as the demand will surge. I'm currently paying 13k per month for less than 8hrs electricity per day. It's really sad what this country is turning to.
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by EkelediliBuhari: 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2021
Ekeledilibuhari
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2021
How has power supply improved?

Let's not forget this Joke of a Man is also the Minister for Petroleum Resources. Not a drop of oil refined in Nigeria since he came into office. Nothing is performance based in this country.
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by GetMeRight: 3:37pm On Jan 06, 2021
ijustdey:

https://dailytrust.com/how-buhari-hiked-electricity-tariff-three-times-in-5-years

The peak of stupidity and foolishness is when some people encouraged Jonathan to sell power sector to his cronies in the name of scandalous power privatisation but are now blaming Buhari for hike in electricity tariff. @op, you just sounded like one of them.
When we spoke again the privatisation of power sector, we were labelled "freebies lover".
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by GetMeRight: 3:47pm On Jan 06, 2021
goodconsience77:
I'm pleading with Nigerians if you don't want these hiking of a thing to continue in 2023 don't ever vote the like of tinubu, fashola, orji or any APC candidate. They don't care about us all they want is more loot to them. They hate masses to the core.

You're funny my friend. You are using atrocity committed by PDP to campaign against APC, do you really think you're doing justice here?
Do you really know the beneficiaries of the power sector privatisation carried out by Jonathan? The likes of elemelu, deji Adeleke, Salam Abubakar are the owners.
Didn't we tell you guys when you urging Jonathan to sell power sector to his cronies? The problem started the day you allowed PDP and Jonathan to sell power sector
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by marv1: 3:51pm On Jan 06, 2021
Clueless man leading a clueless government with lies and propaganda
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by mabea: 3:57pm On Jan 06, 2021
obailala:
Jonathan was the person who as far back as 2013/2014 signed this privatisation agreement and approved this phased increase in electric tariffs which you are seeing today. There isn't much Buhari can do to reverse it except the FG starts paying electricity subsidy to power companies..
Hope you say the same about the rail revolution
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by joxxy01(m): 4:01pm On Jan 06, 2021
JidennaJason:
The Daura cow lover has sworn to make life unbearable for Nigerians irrespective of your ethnicity, but the amazing and funny thing is that some piece of dog shiits who tag themselves[b]'BMC' (Buhari Media Cows) will still give glory and honor to baba lifeless....

"Hiking of electricity tariff 3 times in 5 years"

What a bad record.[/b]
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by BigGuava: 4:01pm On Jan 06, 2021
You can work from home as an article writer and a Million Naira while at it

To find out how you can participate in this offer,send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the profile.

This offer is open to both NEW and SEASONED content writer. Do not delay in sending in your application today...

Remember it's write articles from home and earn One Million Naira doing this.........!

Thanks for reading
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by obailala(m): 4:06pm On Jan 06, 2021
mabea:
Hope you say the same about the rail revolution
Say what exactly?
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 06, 2021
[s]
SilverNorGold:
Lol.. Electricity tariff is TOO CHEAP for my liking! I can't remember when last power was interrupted here! To be honest, the money we pay is TOO LITTLE compared to the quality service we enjoy.

Nigeria is blessed!

MODIFIED

Those evil wailers quoting and insulting me for speaking the truth, I forgive you all. I leave you guys to God.

But next time, instead of attacking me, ask for evidence. I am ready to upload any kinda evidence you want to PROVE that power has indeed improved tremendously. So if you like believe, if you like doubt. Na una sabi.

God bless Nigeria.
[/s]

Rubbish as usual.
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by Melaninprincess(f): 4:37pm On Jan 06, 2021
The only thing that has been on my mind is how I'll be able to save more with all the increment of utilities and food stuff. Well, my FCMB still got me. If you want to join me in saving too,check my signature
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by IMASTEX: 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2021
JidennaJason:
funny thing is that some piece of dog shiits who tag themselves 'BMC' (Buhari Media Cows)
Very loud. . . grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by mabea: 4:55pm On Jan 06, 2021
obailala:
Say what exactly?
Y'all often attribute every success of this administration to Buhari even though the foundation was laid by Jonathan but when it's the other way round you don't waste time reminding us how Jonathan started it all. Let's stop this bac and forth comparison because Nigeria is bigger than both Buhari and Jonathan and also not about we against them
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by osazsky(m): 4:57pm On Jan 06, 2021
How gej sold and bought nepa
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2021
shedy03:
He will be shocked when he gets to know, lol.
lol
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by obailala(m): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2021
mabea:
Y'all often attribute every success of this administration to Buhari even though the foundation was laid by Jonathan but when it's the other way round you don't waste time reminding us how Jonathan started it all. Let's stop this bac and forth comparison because Nigeria is bigger than both Buhari and Jonathan and also not about we against them
I wouldn't attribute anyone's success to someone else and neither would I blame anyone for the indiscretion of another. I don't go about hailing any politician cos I havent seen any admin worthy of my praise. The only reason I mentioned GEJ in my earlier comment was because of the person who hailed GEJ on the tariffs and cursed Buhari; I simply wanted to point out that the current tariff hikes we see today were agreed and signed by the GEJ during the privatisation, and there's little to nothing the succeeding govt can do about it, except either paying subsidies or reversing the entire power privatisation (which would come with a staggering cost and stifling legal consequences).

By the way, regarding the trains even, the railway modernisation plan was developed and approved as far back as OBJ's time; the first standard gauge track was also laid during that time between Warri and Ajaokuta (i.e. the line which was completed and I think commissioned just recently), so you cant really even call the railways a GEJ project - govt is a continuum.
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by wabbyland(m): 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2021
bubu

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by Blackdisciple(m): 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2021
SilverNorGold:

Nigeria is blessed!

MODIFIED

God bless Nigeria.

See may God forgive u for u know not what u are saying ....

light keh! ....

which light wey since I came back from hustling and took my bath I had to sit at my back staircase for breeze waiting for God to touch NEPA to come hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UK Won't Grant Asylum To Violent Members Of Pro-Biafra Groups Like IPOB / 2023: Why Labour Party Campaign Council Not Yet Out – Umeh / Hoodlums Set Ablaze APC's Campaign Vehicles In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.