Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,212 members, 7,825,797 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years (16276 Views)

Tinubu: Peter Obi Denied Jesus Christ Three Times In The Bible (Video) / Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by Blackdisciple(m): 6:12pm On Jan 06, 2021
ehhh we will surprise Nigerians
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by Coinbased: 6:40pm On Jan 06, 2021
Wicked old man
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:46pm On Jan 06, 2021
fasho01:
Buhari is associated with hikes, depreciation, deterioration, decay, diminishing, dwindling, downfall and degradation of everything that was once good and anything he touches like the economy, security, governance, the list is endless
You forgot recession

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by mabea: 6:46pm On Jan 06, 2021
obailala:
I wouldn't attribute anyone's success to someone else and neither would I blame anyone for the indiscretion of another. I don't go about hailing any politician cos I havent seen any admin worthy of my praise. The only reason I mentioned GEJ in my earlier comment was because of the person who hailed GEJ on the tariffs and cursed Buhari; I simply wanted to point out that the current tariff hikes we see today were agreed and signed by the GEJ during the privatisation, and there's little to nothing the succeeding govt can do about it, except either paying subsidies or reversing the entire power privatisation (which would come with a staggering cost and stifling legal consequences).

By the way, regarding the trains even, the railway modernisation plan was developed and approved as far back as OBJ's time; the first standard gauge track was also laid during that time between Warri and Ajaokuta (i.e. the line which was completed and I think commissioned just recently), so you cant really even call the railways a GEJ project - govt is a continuum.
Okay
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by Bluntemperor: 7:01pm On Jan 06, 2021
GallantDuke:
I am sure Bubu will be shocked with this news

It is disheartening that while the dubious increases were going on with this government Agency,Nigerians are yet to hear from Presidency.The Presidency should sanction the NERC,the DISCOS and GEMCOS for not improving in Services delivery but more in price increases!
- the 5-times Increases were not about improvement in light but darkness and tinkering with Pre-paid Meters that have reduced the Units in many homes.
- the increases is not only wicked but adding more OFF than ON,as with many DISCOS.When are we going to have 24/7 lights in all the State of Nigeria.?
- Have any one seen the PLAN TO INCREASE LIGHT to Users in Nigeria but instead,what we see is continuous increase in Prices,.why? We don't Manufactured the Meters here,so why is it difficult to assemble for Nigerians to use?
That means the Masses are scammed.
- Why can't we see more Pre-paid Meters Role Out,yet the DISCOS are selling most of what the government commanded them to do,in fact the Pre-paid Meters are being hoarded -to be sold to the highest bidders.
Shameful!
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by jadyclem(m): 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2021
We keep paying for our hard earned money for darkness. What would it cost the federal government to compel the DISCOS to meter about 90 percent of their customers before enforcing such unnecessary increase? We hardly have power up to 10 times in a month in my area but our tariffs keep increasing. Since this year started we'be not had power, but tariff is being increased, watin we do Nigeria? Na crime for person to be Nigerian? May God save us from the evil and heartless people we have as leaders!
Re: How Buhari Hiked Electricity Tariff Three Times In 5 Years by calyto: 10:48am On Jan 22, 2021
Stop decieving yourself. You did not boot him out, we did.
And we don't have any regrets
LordTosinJ:
[url=https://m.soundcloud.com/brysontiller/dont?in=%2Fhotnewhiphop%2Fsets%2Ftop-25-soundcloud-rap-songs] cool raps songs [/url]
Listen and downloadS hut up men! Is that not why we booted him out?
How many years now has buhari over?
I

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Village Head For Fraud, As Akwa Ibom Community Stages Protests (pic / 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi / Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.